“Wonderful stay - great value.” 5 of 5 stars

Complimentary bottle of wine
Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Blue Springs, Missouri
“Wonderful stay - great value.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We spent two nights in their two-bedroom, two bath house. It was perfect. I was traveling with my 90 year old dad, my husband, and my adult daughter. We had plenty of room and it was perfect to prepare meals instead of eating out all the time. There are wonderful porch sitting areas on the front and back of the house. I was up first each morning, made coffee and sat reading my book on the back porch daily. They provided sweet rolls and muffins daily at the office, we would make a selection of these each morning and then I would make eggs to fill out our breakfast. The staff is very helpful, always asking if we needed anything. My husband, daughter and I toured numerous wineries in the area; while my dad sat in the spacious living room area and watched the Olympics. There are many pros to this place, and I cannot think of any cons.

Room Tip: We did not say in one of their regular rooms, we stayed in their two-bedroom house.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I was here in June and this was my second time in Fredericksburg. The last time I was there I stayed in a cottage and so this time I wanted something more simple and more affordable. I found this place and it seemed great, however, we were awakened at about 9am by banging and pounding and soon realized that in the room next door there was construction going on. This, obviously, should have been put off until another time. Besides the rude awakening, all else was well and this is an affordable and decent place for those not looking to spend a fortune.

Room Tip: just make certain there is no construction going on.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Gatesville, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

My husband and I recently spend two nights in a standard room at the Peach Tree Inn. Since we didn't stay in our room during the day I found this lovely old courtyard motel to give us a basic, clean room at a reasonable price. Our room was in the courtyard area since I asked for a quiet room without any pet smells (this motel accepts pets and some rooms are located on the S. Washington which is a busy street). There is a quaintness to this 1940's built motel with vintage furniture and old tiled shower stalls. However, some modernization has occurred such as air conditioning units, wood floors in the bedroom, and newer bathroom sink. The coffee and pastries in the lobby are real basic, but okay for us budget travelers. And we didn't swim in the pool, but we did enjoy our coffee and pastries sitting next to the pool.

One side of the courtyards are vintage homes made into boutiques or for residences. On the other side is a fairly large storage building and car wash. However, the Peach Tree Inn has large mature trees, landscaping, and fences with artwork plus keep the grounds clean helping you still feel part of the uniqueness that is Fredericksburg.

My family members stayed one block away in another hotel (which you can see in my attached photos) and paid more than twice what we paid per night. Yes, their room had all the modern conveniences but we used the nightly savings on winery tours, shopping and dining. You make the call.

Room Tip: Ask for quiet room so you won't get one by the busy street.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Mesa, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Although the term "Inn & Suites" is a bet of a stretch, I found this motel to be a great value for the budget traveller. We stayed one night and found the room to be clean and comfy. The owners are working hard to keep the place up and still maintain that old time motor inn feel. My only complaint was the pool area. The water made my daughter's skin sting and it looked a little cloudy so we stayed out. The coffee was very good and the ladies up front were friendly and helpful. The price was perfect for what we needed ($49.00 for a queen). If you are picky and critical, you'll probably want to avoid this place, but if you like quaint mom & pop shops where you see their own children riding bikes in the parking lot, you will be happy with the Peach Tree Inn.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Thayne, Wyoming
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

My best friend and I were on a girls weekend trekking the Hill Country of Texas. Fredericksburg was our first stop. Found this neat older motor lodge and so glad we did! Very clean, beds were very comfortable, room was quiet. The quilt on the bed and quilted covering on the sofa gave the feel of visiting grandma's. It was extremely basic, though. We had one towel each and one wash cloth...and I think we had one hand towel for both of us. Staff was polite and coffee was fresh the next morning. Overall, we had a very pleasant stay. We would stay there again for sure.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Brett D, Manager at Peach Tree Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Thank you very much for taking time to review The Peach Tree Inn & Suites in Fredericksburg, Texas. It is wonderful to hear what you thought about our property and that you found it comfortable. Come back and see us soon! Thanks again.
Edmond, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

Nice location a short walk from main drag. My mom and I spent a couple of nights here midweek in early May.
Fairly basic clean rooms- beds and bedding were just fine. Recently redone bathroom in room 6. Ceiling fan was a little noisy so we opted not to have it on overnight. Cool mornings and evenings while we were there so we made use of chairs and tables outside for our coffee and muffins in morning. Some very friendly cats looking for laps to sit on.
There is a pool but it doesn't look real inviting.
If you are looking for a reasonably priced place that is close to much of what Fredericksburg has to offer then check the Peach Tree Inn out. It isn't fancy but it is certainly a comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for taking time to review The Peach Tree Inn & Suites. We are happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We also want to thank you for noticing one of our many improvements on the property (the wash room in #6) and let you know that there are many more remodels, etc. on our "To Do" list! We look forward to your future stay with us.
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

This hotel is a good deal for the pricey little town of Fredericksburg. Sure, it's not as nice as the B&Bs are, but it worked well for me because it was available on relatively short notice and was pretty much the cheapest option in town. It's a quick, easy walk to the main drag. The bedding was a little tired and the amenities are basic (would have loved some sort of breakfast option, even if it's just juice and pastries) but the owner is super nice and I'd happily stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of The Peach Tree Inn & Suites. We take pride in the value that our accomodations provide and we are happy you took notice. We do apologize that you missed our daily muffins/pastries and coffee in the office but upon your next visit, we welcome you to join us at our soon-to-be remodeled and expanded breakfast bar!

Been to Peach Tree Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!