“LOVELY TIME! BIRDS SERENADED US IN THE MORNINGS!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Inn on the Creek

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Inn on the Creek
You added Inn on the Creek to your Saves list
107 N. Washington, Fredericksburg, TX 78624   |
Affiliate website
Ranked #23 of 81 Fredericksburg B&B and Inns
Fort Worth
“LOVELY TIME! BIRDS SERENADED US IN THE MORNINGS!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

My husband, being the absolute incredible guy that he is, gave me a home-made gift certificate for Christmas to come stay at the Treehouse suite during April bluebonnet season.

I told him all weekend during our stay that he chose well.

The Treehouse suite was secluded from the rest of the rooms, but I was concerned that because it was at the top of the stairs adjacent to the kitchen, that clanging of pans and the cooks talking in the morning would be a rude awakening. Wrong. The cooks were making every effort to be quiet, and we got the added bonus of birds serenading us in the two large trees outside our windows. What a pleasant way to wake up!

The breakfast we had on the 2nd day was absolutely scrumptious ... sausage and egg in a fresh, soft tortilla, with delish salsa. Community breakfast at the large dining table was delightful, and we met some interesting people. It didn't bother me that the owners didn't come to breakfast. We were there to spend time as a married couple, so we didn't need a whole lot of social interaction with others. The one thing I would improve on breakfast, if it were up to me, is that the town is so well-known for all its peach preserves and jams/jellies.....it would have been a lovely touch to have had some Das Peach Haus peach jam for the biscuits rather than a plastic packet of Smucker's grape jelly (which is more like a discount hotel's continental breakfast, as opposed to the charm of a B&B).

The room appointments were perfect, details down to the two bottles of water in the mini fridge, the bejeweled ribbons on the lampshades, bejeweled window shades, and luxurious robes hanging in the closet. The place is older, but does not smell musty at all (I'm sensitive to old, weird smells!).

It was a perfect location, walking distance to most anything. There was only one downside--Perhaps the weekend we were there was some music festival, because somewhere nearby was a band playing loudly (so loud that I could sing along to songs I recognized) til past midnight on Saturday. Otherwise, we appreciated that it was tucked away on a side street, yet at the same time so convenient.

It was a lovely, lovely weekend for this married couple of 31 years to spend together!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
TexasTammy, Owner at Inn on the Creek, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Your husband sounds like a fabulous guy!!! We are delighted you had a great experience. Thanks for sharing it with others! Come back and see us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
The Woodlands, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

My son gave us a gift card from bedandbreakfast,com and we chose Fredericksburg and "Inn on the Creek" for a weekend getaway. Our room, "Suite Bliss", was beautiful! It had a hot tub in the room, a lovely king bed, a large walk-in shower and was comfortable and romantic. The building itself is charming and quaint. There is a front porch with swings to sip your coffee or wine, or you can choose to sit in the courtyard and look at the flowers and birds. I will say, though, my favorite memory of this place is the yummy breakfast served by the talented ladies. Oh, and the location could not be more perfect!

Room Tip: Suite Bliss is definitely the room to reserve!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
TexasTammy, Owner at Inn on the Creek, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and by your review you seemed to have enjoyed every part of it!!! Thank you for taking the time to help others find us on TripAdvisor! Hope to see you back soon!!
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

We had a great stay! This b&b was just around the corner from down town Main Street and plenty to do. Our room was one of several it seemed, but it was very quiet and the staff that seemed to pop in and out was attentive. Breakfast was served in a common area every morning. Clean towels daily, great service, and solitude when we wanted it!
We will defiantly be going back!!

• Stayed March 2014
TexasTammy, Owner at Inn on the Creek, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
We are so glad you had a great time at Inn on the Creek!! Thanks for helping others find us!!! Hope to see you again soon!!
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

The Inn was charming, breakfast was delicious and our room was very pretty, but the bed in the Tuscan Suite was THE MOST UNCOMFORTABLE BED I HAVE EVER SLEPT IN!!! And that includes camp beds, cots and sleeping in the desert on a towel. I would probably have considered rebooking, but I'm afraid that the beds in the other rooms would be just as bad. Not to mention, reviews all over the Inn's website and others, talked about how peaceful and quiet the Inn was, but there was a construction site on the creek next to the Inn and they started up with noise at 6:45-7:00 a.m. both mornings we were there. While we understand that the Inn had no control over the construction crew, we feel that they could have at least warned us at check in and provided ear plugs, or, since they weren't full, they could have offered another room on the opposite side of the Inn.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Penzance, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

There is something about this hotel that I can't put my finger on but it was so relaxing. There was a friendly receptionist, but other than that I didn't see or hear anyone else. The rooms were very nice and the hotel was spotless. Breakfast was good. I have never stayed in a hotel like this but would recommend you try it. The location was also good and only a short walk to the main high street which again was a nice experience.
I look forward to my return to Fredericksburg !!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Houston, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel on 2 separate occasions in 2 different rooms. Both rooms were romantic and the bedding was quite luxurious, and each of the rooms has it's own unique style and feel. The breakfast was delicious each morning and offered plenty of food. This hotel is located just off of Main Street and is the perfect location for walking around town or heading out to the wineries.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hill Country, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

The Inn on the Creek is a very nice B&B. Our room, The Treehouse, was large and beautiful with a huge bed. The bathroom is absolutely nothing special, though. There are other rooms at the Inn on the Creek that have big tubs and showers, but be aware that The Treehouse is not one of them. It was fine, though. There is a very clean, well-maintained hot tub on the property. There is also a nice seating area. It is very close to one of the rooms which is also something to be aware of because if anyone is sitting and talking at the table, I imagine the people in that room will hear it.

Breakfast was good. I enjoyed the communal dining. The Inn was full while we were there so there were other couples sitting at the table with us. It was nice conversation and a nice, filling breakfast. The ladies there actually cook breakfast and serve it. It's not just a basket of bagels and fruit. The Treehouse room is right up the stairs from the kitchen so we could hear some cooking going on, but it wasn't loud at all and the ladies spoke very quietly. It didn't bother us at all. After our first morning, they asked if we needed towels. I said we didn't because we had plenty of towels, but I guess the question actually meant "do you want housekeeping?" because our room was untouched- bed not made, trash not emptied. It wasn't a big deal, but I felt a little manipulated.

The location was great! We had a dinner reservation at the Cabernet Grill (excellent!) and that was the only time we drove all weekend. I live close to Fredericksburg and I go there quite often, so it was fun to just be a tourist and look through the shops and try new places to eat.

Overall, it was a nice stay. I'm not sure I would spend the money that often because I'm not sure the value is there, but it was a good experience.

Room Tip: Make sure you check location of the rooms before choosing.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Inn on the Creek? Share your experiences!