“Great Food, Poor Service” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #42 of 113 Restaurants in Fredericksburg
Cuisines: Italian
Forney, Texas
“Great Food, Poor Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2008

We went to Troisis Italian Ristorante for our 17th Anniversary on the recommendation of a friend. When we arrived, we couldn't find the restaurant. After walking around all of these buildings without any signs, we finally found someone who pointed us in the right direction.

When we walked in, there wasn't anyone around to seat us or help us. We finally found someone and he basically said we could sit anywhere. After another 5 minutes someone finally brought us a menu and wine list. After another 10 minutes they came by to ask if we decided on a wine. I told them the wine I wanted and after another 5 minutes they came back and said they were out of that one, but they would go look and see if there was one in another area. After 5 more minutes they came back and said they had a bottle but it wasn't chilled. I asked that they bring out what they had so I could select the one I wanted.

The waiter took our order, which there was just two of us, then he went to the next table where there was a table of 7 and took their order. Guess whose order came out first? We waited nearly 25 minutes for our food.

I ordered shrimp scampy which was wonderful and my wife had a filet. The food itself was above average, but the service was horrible. We asked for our check and they did not include the wine on the check. I called the waiter back over and told him. He corrected the error, but did not thank us for being honest.

We believe we discovered a portion of the problem with the service. The last name of the waiter was Trois, which is the owner's name. It appeared he was his grandson.

Overall, if you want good food, it is a good place to go. If you want great service and great food, pick another place to go.