“Confusing place, but great food” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #37 of 113 Restaurants in Fredericksburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
“Confusing place, but great food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Fourth of July weekend in Fredericksburg, TX was a little crazy this weekend so I assumed every eating establishment would be packed. I have been to Mahaleys before and loved it, but this visit was different! Wasn't the same old place that I remember.. You now have to go to a whole other establishment just to eat inside and it's a bit confusing. The food is worth it, but the food took FOREVER. Almost 30 minutes for a couple of tacos! I'll come back again, but they definitely need to step it up!

Also, they were out if cinnamon rolls, which was the main reason I went. :(

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Bogart, Georgia
“Right in town, good sandwiches, outdoor seating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Right across from the Nimitz Museum in the heart of Fredericksburg. All seating is outdoor, menu is mostly for quick sandwich type lunches. I had a chicken salad and my buddy had a Philly cheese steak...both very good. It's perfect for a good, fairly light meal in the midst of walking the block of shops and tourist delights.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco, California
“Great Place to Eat in Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

When I was assigned on a project in town this was our favorite place to get our breakfast Tacos. Also the lunch specials that they have during the week were perfect my favorite being the Lasagna. It is a must try. As for dinner I would recommend the wonderful rib eye. It has just the right amount of garlic added to it I never needed any steak sauce with my steaks here. We also enjoyed the calamari. If you are in Fredericksburg this is a wonderful place to eat. Sharon and her husband always made us feel like we were locals when we were in. If my husband and I get back that way, we will be stopping again!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent breakfast.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

We had breakfast twice here during our weekend stay. Even though the location wasn't included in our B&B stay, the location and quality made it worth the cost.

The pastries were excellent, but the breakfast tacos were the best. Great taste, appropriate size.

The staff were very friendly and accommodating.

Highly recommended!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Popular Breakfast Joint”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I ordered an omelet which was pretty good but was sorta pricey. The service was friendly but a bit slow. I tried a pastry/desert item (not sure what it was called) that was crumbly and sweet but dry as the dessert. I did not try the breakfast tacos but they looked pretty good and were fairly large.

Visited June 2013