“Fun place!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch
Fredericksburg, Texas
“Fun place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

Yummy food - it's all good! Delicious sandwiches and great ice cream and ices. This is a favorite meeting place for many - especially the young at heart. Baked goods are delicious!

Austin, Texas
“Overpriced Ice Cream with SURLY service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

Went here today, 1/2/12. Ice cream was good, but $6.50 for two small scoops? It's not that good.

But the reason I definitely won't be back is the terrible service. Girl at the counter was apparently in a race we didn't know about and was extremely put out that we took 30 seconds to choose a flavor.

Why give your money to people who are so rude in the taking? Pass...

• Visited January 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Get the crocodile bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011 via mobile

This place was great for ice cream and baked goods. The sandwiches were ok, but it's fairly cheap compared to other main street eateries. The soups were very tasty though.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Clovis, NM
“Great place for a break on Main St.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

Stopped for a cup of coffee and sandwich one day, coffee and pastry the next. Staff is friendly and helpful, good selection of coffees (self serve).

Visited December 2011
Austin
“Not as good as it use to be”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

Well I live in Austin with my family, I wanted to take my little four year old to Fredericksburg to enjoy a little bit of what me and my wife had enjoyed in 2003-2006, when we walked in nothing really had changed packed with people and expensive as usual this was expected. I ordered an Ice Cream cone with only one scoop then I saw it, the chinzy of chinzy, they weighed my Ice cream cone to make sure they took inventory of how much they were filling it, or charging me by the ounce, I dont know I didnt ask, but if some can tell me it will put my mind at ease. I also bought a cherry turnover but either I've gotten bigger or the turnovers have gotten smaller either way the price stayed the same and the turnovers are way smaller. I think they have turnedover to a new owner who takes proportionalizing to the extreme. I hope you all change this, stop the measuring, and the small portions even the cheesecake slice was smaller than back in the early 2000's has this place turnedover to a new owner or management? Im not sure I will be back, I want the portions to increase to meet the price, or lower the price to meet the small portions. Very disappointed you have lost a very loyal family.

• Visited October 2011