“Good food & good service this wkend” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Waco, Texas
“Good food & good service this wkend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

We flew in for a Sat & Sun visit. Ate late lunch Sat then breakfast Sun. Both times were busy but service was attentive & food was fine.

Austin, Texas
“No food, no service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Wait staff too busy visiting with one table (friends?). After 35-minutes waiting for food we left. No update or attempt by wait staff to keep us posted. Highly disappointed.

Visited December 2013
Fredericksburg, Texas
“Sadly, not what I was hoping for”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I'm a local and wanted to try the breakfast based on a friend's recommendation. I'll start by saying the place is nicely decorated, 50's diner style but not at all garish, very tasteful. The place was packed, but we got a booth quickly. Service was good, not overly attentive, but we didn't lack for anything. So far, so good. Sadly the food was lacking. I ordered the basic breakfast; 2 eggs, grits, toast and bacon. The entire meal arrived luke warm, the eggs were over cooked and the 'cheesy' grits had zero cheese. Also, I ordered hot tea and they have exactly one option, black tea. The server nicely offered to bring honey and lemon which was a little above and beyond and I appreciated that. But the meal was nothing that would entice me back. My boyfriend said his migas were "not my favorite, but decent". I will give their salsa a thumb's up, it was spicy and delicious. The ambiance is good and it's fun to watch the planes arriving and departing, but you can also do that in the evenings from the Hangar's bar.

Shylo A, Manager at Airport Diner, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
We appreciate you choosing the Airport Diner and apologize that your experience did not live up to the recommendation from a friend. We take pride in our restaurant and food and seek to provide the best service possible.

All of our servers and kitchen staff members work hard to provide superb service and food. If guests ever have a concern we ask that they speak with a manager on duty so that the problem can be addressed immediately. As you can see from other reviews, bad experiences are not typical occurrences and we have many locals that visit us regularly.
Georgetown, Texas
“Fly in for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Six of us flew down for lunch on a beautiful day. This is a hopping diner on the weekend and we were lucky to get a table together. The salad I had was full of chicken, bacon, avocado- perfect. Two had Rubens and seemed to enjoy them. Two had breakfast and the plates were licked clean. Well worth the visit- don't forget to get a malt too.

Tyler, Texas
“so close...yet so far”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I can't review, as I never got to actually eat there. We went at lunch time on a Sunday based on others' recommendations. Big mistake. It's tiny, there were six of us and it's on a "first-come" basis. So they seated the couple who was in line before us at the only six-topper. It would have been an hour wait for that one table and otherwise we would have been scattered about as other tables became available. So we gave up and went elsewhere. Let this be a warning to others - go early, particularly if there are more than two of you!

Visited September 2013