“Nice Atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fredericksburg Brewing Co.

Fredericksburg Brewing Co.
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Houston, Texas
“Nice Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Been here several times. The food and wait staff are always consistent. Great place to take anyone who hasn't been to Fredericksburg. The copper beer brewing kettles (?) are absolutely gorgeous. The artichoke pizza is some of the best pizza I have ever had.

A must see in Fredericksburg.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Austin, Texas
“Good beer--service, not so much”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Visited the brewery just to have a German beer, and found it to be so delicious that I bought some to take home. The beer was cold and smooth, and hit the spot on a warm summer day. It was difficult, however, to get seated upon arrival to the restaurant. For whatever reason, the host wanted to send me to the bar, when I wanted a table to sit, enjoy my beer and talk. After being taken to a table (finally), it took quite a few minutes for a waitperson to appear. As I said, the beer was well worth it, but I wasn't impressed with the service at all.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
North Kansas City, Missouri
“great food, beer, and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was a great place to eat with the family. The food And beer were great, but the service was excellent. Even during a holiday weekend the food arrived quick and hot.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Austin, Texas
“YUM! & Great Place to Stay, too!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Excellent beer & love the artichoke dip, too! Highly recommend as a stop in town while you're in Fredericksburg. & staying upstairs makes it that much more convenient to getting a great glass of brew, too

Visited June 2012
Spring, Texas
“Very average food and beer”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

My fiancé and I went on a Monday night. The service was ok, but a definite disappointment after the great service the night before at Auslander. The restaurant was not crowded at all, but the food was slow. We were quite disappointed that we could not order food in the biergarten as it was a beautiful night. We ordered a pretzel with queso as an appetizer. The pretzel was nothing special and had too much salt. I could have gotten this pretzel from the freezer section at the grocery store. The queso was only melted Velveeta, definitely not what I expect as queso in Texas. There was no flavoring or seasoning to it at all. I had the Not So Dumb Blonde beer, and it was ok, again, nothing special. My fiancé had the Enchanted Red Rock Ale - nothing special. For dinner, I had the Cheddar Ale Soup - it tasted like Velveeta with some seasoning. It was not hot when it came out. I should have sent it back. I got sick later that night, and wonder if it was the soup. My fiancé had a burger and fries. He's a big fry guy, and didn't eat them all. Again, could have found them in the freezer section at the store. The burger, however, was the saving grace - it was pretty good. The best part about it was the bun and the pickle.

Overall, it's a restaurant that has a theme, but no identity, especially when it comes to the menu. It's a little all over the place. Also, there is more than one mention about rolls being special enough you might want more for 35 cents each - no mention or details on it either on the menu or from the waiter - they're not that special. Wouldn't even pay 5 cents for an extra one, especially when most restaurants give you free rolls. The menu never mentioned the special bun for the burger, which as I said, is one of it's best features. The wait staff spent most of the time talking to each other, eating behind the bar, and hanging out with their friends.

My fiancé was especially disappointed as this was the main place he wanted to go for dinner. We won't be back. Even for just a beer, I'd go to Auslander.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere