“I made it half way to the top!” 5 of 5 stars

(830) 685-3636
Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Activities: Hiking, Birdwatching, Rock climbing, Backpacking, Camping, Picnicking
More attraction details
Owner description: Enormous pink rock dome that rises 325 feet above a small stream.
Crawford, Texas
“I made it half way to the top!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

The 66, 41, and 11, year old family members were so excited about the scheduled trip to Enchanted Rock that they sent me links to web sites about climbing the rock. I was too busy to watch. WHAT A SUPRISE! What a fantastic surprise, I've never seen the likes of it before. That is one awesome rock. Half way up I had plenty of steam to go, but when I turned around and looked downnnnnnn, well, I decided that my ankles need to be in better shape before I tackle the trip down from the top. Half-way was the best way for me for this first visit. Exciting experience, recommended to all.

Spring Branch, Texas, United States
26 attraction reviews
“Awesome for families and small ones”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

We packed our 4 year old and 8 year old and went about going to Enchanted Rock with hopes they would be able to last the trek up the rock and have fun. Boy did they, I had trouble telling them to slow down and wait for mom and dad. The walk up was steep but easy for the kids and they had a blast. We were a bit unprepared and didnt pack sandwiches and only had some snacks for kids and waters but were saved with the small trailer at the base of the rock that sold sandwiches and ICE CREAM!

We only did the summit trail but will be sure to return to do the others.

Take Farm Road 1323 and you'll be sure to get a snap of loose livestock (be careful), sheep and maybe even a gaggle of turkeys crossing the road!

Dallas
5 attraction reviews
“easy hike up”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Great views from the top. Did not do the cave, though.My nephews/nieces did though & they liked it....You should be prepared to be skinny for the cave exploring....

Visited December 2013
Bellaire
4 attraction reviews
“Windy Windy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Like the park was clean, trails were well marked and good parking. Glad we arrived early in the day as the traffic to even enter the park after noon was horrendous.

4 attraction reviews
“Awe inspiring but get there EARLY!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Enchanted Rock is a naked dome of granite that erupts out of the edge of the hill country in Texas. The hike to the top of the Enchanted Rock is steep and moderately difficult (.6 miles but over a 600 foot raise) however I saw people of every age group scrambling to the top. The climb is not wheelchair accessible. The views from the top are awe inspiring. After reaching the top consider taking rim trail around the rock to see varied landscape that includes creeks, scrub trees and lots and lots of rocks.

The park rangers regulate the number of visitors to the number of parking spots therefore there can be a long long wait. Get there early and do not let the wait ruin your day.