“Must Stay at the Renaissance” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Renaissance Worthington Hotel Fort Worth

You added Renaissance Worthington Hotel Fort Worth to your Saves list
Renaissance Worthington Hotel Fort Worth
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   200 Main St, Fort Worth, TX 76102 (Downtown Fort Worth)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #30 of 101 Hotels in Fort Worth
So. California
“Must Stay at the Renaissance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2007

Highly recommended for travelers of all ages! Excellent hotel in every way. This hotel property is well maintained (better than the Four Seasons Resort in Dallas with a more reasonable price tag), spacious rooms, hotel amenities galore, duvet beds to die for, excellent concierge and hotel staff service, excellent food from on-site restaurant and room service, personal safes in each room, walking distance from numerous Ft. Worth Downtown venues, and guests may arrange for on-site or in room massages.

The hotel deficiencies are that the high speed and wireless internet service are not complimentary to hotel guests; toll charges for each local call; the 'so-call' business center is a desk in the lounge area of the mezzanine level which offers no privacy and the hotel charges a fee for usage of computer and printer. This is definitely not a business traveler friendly hotel.

• Liked — Customer Service
  • Disliked — No complimentary high speed internet and dedicated business center
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Kansas City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2006

I was in Dallas on business and went to Ft Worth to visit friends on Friday night. I was planning on driving back to Dallas after dinner but ran into a group of people who I had not seen in a long while. So as we were changing locations and walked by the Worthington (That what I still call it!) I decided to see if they had any rooms. They did and the price was not that bad considering it was 8pm at night the day I wanted the hotel. The front desk staff was quick and friendly. The room was large with a very comfortable bed. Almost as good as the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper or Westin Heavenly Bed. Almost. Room and bathroom where spotless! I am going back to Ft. Worth Next week and will be staying there again! Its worth the few extra $$$!

• Liked — Comfy beds
  • Disliked — No free bottle of water in the room.
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2006

Our family stayed for four nights in connecting rooms at the Worthington and overall we were happy with the hotel and would choose to stay here again.

The hotel was very clean and decorted in a tasteful western decor. Our beds were just about the most comfortable beds I've ever slept on! The rooms were just average size, but had a nice big desk, a comfortable chair and ottoman, an cushioned bench, and plenty of light. I appreciated that my request for connecting rooms was honored so that we could put our kids in one room while my husband and I stayed in the other. We slept well each night and our room was always cleaned and immaculate when we returned from sight seeing.

The fitness center was well equipped and the indoor pool was clean and refreshing.

Our experience with the service was inconsistent: some of the staff was top notch and helpful, others were rude. The valet car service was prompt and curtious - the employees outside and at the door could not have been nicer. Our waitress at the restaurant made a pleasant experience (good, fresh, breakfast buffet) turn sour when she never returned with more coffee and I had to get up and ask for my check and then she still made me wait five minutes before she brought it to me.

I think it's a rip-off when hotels charge $10 a day for internet access. How come many hotels where rates are less than $100 per night offer free internet, but when you stay at a hotel and pay over $200 per night they nickle and dime you?

Best of all, was the location. Downtown Ft. Worth felt very safe and charming--not too much hustle and bustle--but lots to do. From the hotel we could walk to a dozen great restaurants. We drove to the Cultural District and visited the art museums. (The Modern is such an incredible building!! Do not miss the Modern!)
The Stockyards are a short drive away, too. My kids enjoyed seeing their first rodeo and buying cowboy boots!

I am sure that the Worthington is one of the finest hotels in Ft. Worth.

• Liked — The bed was so comfortable!
  • Disliked — The $10 charge for internet access.
  • Tips/Secrets — Try the restaurant Le Madeline located across the street.
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2006

I treated my husband to one-night in a suite at the Worthington for his 36th birthday and I have to say that we were very pleased with our stay.
I stayed in standard room back in 2002 and I remember being impressed with the hotel but disappointed in the room, I guess I expected more for the $180 pricetag back then. This time I paid twice as much but got more than twice the space. If I had to guess the Terrace Suite is around 900 square feet, not including the large private terrace that provides exceptional views of the courthouse and downtown.
The decor is tasteful with subtle "Cowtown" accents, perhaps a little boring but well-maintained with almost no signs of wear. I am not particularly fond of western decor but I felt comfortable in the room which includes a lot of dark wood furniture and leather accents. The bed and linens were very comfortable and the windows span the length of the walls, providing excellant views. My biggest complaint with the room would be that the bathroom is a little behind the times as far as luxory hotels go- no marble tub, no separate shower. But when you include the separate dressing area, the bathroom provides more than enough space for two people to get ready for a night out.
The room was immaculate and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I noted that it was my husband's birthday on the reservation and when we arrived there were balloons and candy waiting for him in the room.
I got the Romance Escape package which cost an extra $30 and included valet parking (normally $16,) room service breakfast for 2 ($28,) champagne, chocolate- covered strawberries, and a 2:00 check-out. It was well worth the money.
The hotel itself is architechually interesting. I really liked the layout of our suite. The hotel's location is great with Sundance Square located right out the front doors. The only meal we had at the hotel was our room-service breakfast which was an adequate egg-bacon-toast meal.
Overall we had no complaints with the hotel, check-in and check-out were both quick and smooth with no problems. The hotel is not as luxorious as a Four Seasons or as interesting as any of the great hotels in Las Vegas, but it's as good as it gets in Fort Worth and well worth the money.

• Liked — The Terrace
  • Disliked — The small bathroom
  • Tips/Secrets — Get the Romance package
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2006

We have stayed numerous time in Sundance Square, but this was our first stay at the Worthington. We expected a lot more from a 4 Star at the price of $199. Rooms were smaller than expected with no "extras" I usually look for in hotels of this calibur. The air conditioning was not working in the hallways and it tok hours for our room to cool down.

The location is great but for the price, there are other downtown hotels I would recommend.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — poor pool area, slow check in, quality for the price
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay somewhere else downtown
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Sacramento, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2006

I stay at the Worthington several times each year, as it is located close to the corporate office of the company I work for. I am always satisfied with my stay.

As a frequent guest, I am often placed on the club level floor, which serves a very tasty breakfast and evening hors d'oevres.

The rooms are spotlessly clean, beds are comfy, and the hotel staff is friendly. Room service is above par - the caesar salad is wonderful.

A very comfortable hotel - no complaints from me.

Plano, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2006

We stayed at the Worthington hotel July 21st and 22nd and we couldn't have been happier with our stay. We were supposed to go to California that weekend but we were not able to go due at a serious illness in my family. We decided just to go to Fort Worth instead (close to home) for the weekend. We decided to splurge and stay at the Worthington. Upon making the reservations I mentioned the reason why we were coming to town to the nice lady taking reservations in passing conversation. When we arrived at the hotel she had placed us in a complimentary upgrade to the private floor.
This floor could only be accessed by using your room key in the elevator. Very nice to not have to worry about kids running up and down the hall. Everyone was extremely nice and Valet parking was very easy. You have to pay to park anyways so I would recommend using the valet for just a few bucks more.
You wont need your car, anyways. The Worthington is located in downtown Ft. Worth and walking distance from just about everything. You can eat, drink, shop, go to comedy clubs and the movies all within a few blocks from the hotel.
Thanks for the upgrade and keep up the good work.

Been to Renaissance Worthington Hotel Fort Worth? Share your experiences!