“Very Comfortable Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Renaissance Worthington Hotel Fort Worth

You added Renaissance Worthington Hotel Fort Worth to your Saves list
Renaissance Worthington Hotel Fort Worth
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   200 Main St, Fort Worth, TX 76102 (Downtown Fort Worth)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #30 of 101 Hotels in Fort Worth
Boise ID
“Very Comfortable Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

Just returned from a 4 night stay for a conference.

PROS : The room was large, the linen package was plush and the beds comfortable. The toiletries were Aveda Rosemary and mint. Plenty of outlets and well lighted! The catering was excellent with a emphasis on Mexican specialties. The room and common areas were fresh, with a subtle luxury "cowboy" theme. A nice property that felt like a cut above.

CONS: On our first night there was a small fire on the 6th floor. The fire alarm got me out of bed about 2:45, and we spent about 30 minutes until we could go back to our rooms. I never saw a staff person while we were out side (this is fine if they were busy) but there was ZERO attempt at service recover. No letter from the manager under the door, no automated call, no message that they were crediting points to my Marriott account..........the funny thing was the conference was on "the patient experience", and we were all a little surprised that there was no thanks for our cooperation and apology for the inconvenience. It also would have been a chance to talk up all of the good things their staff did to keep us safe.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

Spent 3 nights here.

Pros:
Great location
Staff are generally very nice
Clean and safe property

Cons:
$$ for internet
$$ for parking
Property is old and needs some updating. Walls are too thin for a Renaissance brand.

Overall, there were no glitches with my stay here.

Conn.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012 via mobile

Renaissance Fort Worth

Located in a wonderful section of town, I really liked the neighborhood. There are a lot of local restaurants and for those who must, several chains.

Check in was quick and efficient. My room was on the ninth floor and all of the rooms are non-rectangular, which may cause issues in the middle of the night for those midnight bio- breaks. The room contained the normal bed, easy chair with ottoman, HDTV, desk with plenty of outlets for all of your gadgets.

The bathroom was clean with all the basics plus Aveeda toiletries. The pressure in the shower was good and the water temperature finally got hot enough for the shower. This is a three towel bath. Overall the bathroom was very good.

The bed was very comfortable, four feather pillows and it led to a great night sleep. There is a coffee maker in the room as well, but it was not my favorite model, but there is a Starbucks ($2.50 for a large, nice).

The fitness Center is outstanding. Four ellipticals six, treadmills, bikes and an arc trainer. Separate room for Cybex equipment and a separate area for free weights. One of the better centers in the country.

Staff did a great job during the stay.

Great job to all

Stayed April 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

We spent a weekend at the Renaissance Worthington. It's in the heart of downtown Fort Worth and within walking distance of all the restaurants and attractions. The rooms, lobby, and hotel overall are very nice. Everything is clean and fresh with a sophisticated Texas flare. The work out area looks more like a small private gym and the pool, although somewhat small, is very nice and clean. There is even a small outdoor courtyard if you want to lay out in the sun. Parking is around $20 valet and $15 self park in the garage. Internet is also not included, but they have a computer area and we found free wi-fi near the Starbucks. The breakfast buffed, although a little pricey, was very good and I highly recommend it. Overall, we really enjoyed our stay and highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

I have stayed her a couple of times whil traveling for business. Great sized rooms. Location is very convenient and withing walking distance of several restaurants and businesses in downtown Ft. Worth. The restaurant has a nice breakfast. Staff very friendly and courteous. Wish the wi-fi was free.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

We stayed here for a wedding on the weekend of 3/16. We have no complaints! Coming from New York, the room seemed particularly spacious. They also had St. Patty's day themed treats and infused water in the lobby, which was a nice touch. We didn't get to experience other parts of the city, but there were restaurants and bars nearby. Overall, a very pleasant stay!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Destin, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

The Renaissance Worthington has been a part of my life since I was 18 years old, so it pains me to say this, but the hotel is just not up to snuff anymore. I think because I'm so attached to the hotel (having attended countless weddings and official functions there, as well always staying there anytime I return for a visit) I've been unwilling to write this review. But I can't take it anymore...this hotel has lost its hold on me. My husband and I are loyal Marriott (Platinum) members and of all the Marriott brands, Renaissance is our favorite. But this hotel is in desperate need of an update. The past three times we stayed there all of the beds have been old and creaky. Its hit or miss whether or not we get bathrobes and the valet service is aggravatingly slow. So slow we don't even tip...and we ALWAYS tip...but it became a principal thing after the first fifteen minutes of waiting. I still love the apple pie for room service, but that's it. We finally caved and stayed somewhere else this past visit (the Omni Hotel) and I realized just what I'd been missing (hospitality, amenities and a great night's sleep). I'm sad for the Renaissance. They have the clout to compete with the Omni, but without more comfortable beds, more attentive staff and better amenities, I'm afraid they are on track to lose their place as Fort Worth's finest property. Fingers crossed they start trying to be better than average...soon.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Renaissance Worthington Hotel Fort Worth? Share your experiences!