“Perfect place to stay in downtown Ft. Worth” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Fort Worth

You added Hilton Fort Worth to your Saves list
Hilton Fort Worth
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   815 Main St, Fort Worth, TX 76102 (Downtown Fort Worth)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Kiss Me Goodnight
Ranked #16 of 104 Hotels in Fort Worth
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dallas, United States
“Perfect place to stay in downtown Ft. Worth”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a wedding. The entire event was very well done. The wedding was well-run by hotel staff. My room was large, with a good view of downtown Fort Worth. In-room breakfast was especially good and delivered hot and on-time. Great location, easy to walk to many of Ft. Worth's best downtown attractions--Cliburn competition was across the street. Only complaint was that the overnight parking was $22, which I thought was pricey. Staff was very friendly--just what I expected in Ft. Worth. Good historic info about the Kennedy's stay. Beautiful barbed wire sculpture in lobby was fascinating--more Ft. Worth ambience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dave F, General Manager at Hilton Fort Worth, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for staying with while attending a wedding at the hotel and for taking time to review your stay. We have weddings almost every weekend and our staff really enjoys making great memories for so many guests. As you mentioned we are walking distance to so many restaurants, entertainment venues, cultural venues- including Bass Hall where the Cliburn competition took place most recently. I appreciate your kind words regarding our team members as well. I am pleased you noticed the Horse Sculpture in the lobby- it is two miles of barbed wire- all done by hand!! It is amazing. I am hopeful the valet experience fast and friendly . We again appreciate your comments and are hopeful on your next visit to Fort Worth that you will stay with us again. Dave Fulton VP and General Manager. dave.fulton@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Lewisville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Very short stay, but plan to revisit. If you are a history buff from the Northeast or anywhere for that matter you will be pleasantly surprised that JFK spent his last night here before going on the infamous Dallas motorcade the next day.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dave F, General Manager at Hilton Fort Worth, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you for staying with us recently and for taking time to review your experience. The hotel has a great deal of history...from being an Historic Landmark as well as being the hotel that JFK and Jackie stayed the night before they traveled to Dallas. The city of Fort Worth has recently completed the JFK Tribute Park right in front of the hotel with a bronze stature, large pictures of the day in Fort Worth and some great quotes on the granite walls. I am hopeful you had a chance to see the park. We often say about the hotel "A moment in time and place in history" We are hopeful you will visit Fort Worth again soon and stay with us. Thank you Dave Fulton VP and General Manager. dave.fulton@hilton.com
Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

I spent 7 nights at the Fort Worth Hilton in May during the Van Cliburn Piano Competition and was extremely pleased. My room (408) was large and clean with a comfortable bed, full-size couch, and work area. I exerienced none of the issues that others have written about in terms of rooms looking tired and in need of a redo, and had no problems with the bathroom or a/c. Staff members across-the-board were friendly and made me feel welcome. Hotel is in an excellent location for Bass Hall and the Convention Center. Numerous restaurants were within easy walking distance. There's an excellent casual restaurant off the lobby but it is open for breakfast and lunch only. Gym equipment was in good shape. I will definitely consider staying here again next time I am in Fort Worth.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dave F, General Manager at Hilton Fort Worth, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
We are pleased that you enjoyed your 7 day stay with us while attending the Van Cliburn Piano Competition at near by Bass Hall. We had other guest stay with us as well that were attending the event. I appreciate your kind words regarding the team members, your accommodations, our Cafe Texas and as you mentioned within walking distance to so many other restaurants, entertainment, convention center, our fitness center and cultural venues. We are also hopeful you had to chance to visit the new JFK Tribute directly in front of the hotel. We are hopeful on your next visit to Fort Worth that will stay with us again. Thank you. Dave Fulton VP and General Manager. dave.fulton@hilton.com
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

As HHonors Diamond Members and HGVC Owners, my husband and I have stayed in many different Hilton hotels and resorts all over the States. We love the brand. This particular property however, is a HUGE exception.

I was so uncomfortable the entire time we were here, starting with pulling up to the door. We arrived very late after a long day on the road. There was no one outside, and since parking is valet only ($22), my husband went inside to check us in and let someone know we were there. As he was walking in, a homeless man approached him and asked for what he could spare. My husband politely explained that he doesn't carry cash when traveling (honestly, he doesn't) and went inside. I sat in the locked car with the man standing against the hotel entrance staring at me until my husband came back out. Not the hotel's issue exactly, but something to consider about the location.

The creepiness contined as we got to our room. We heard voices coming from inside as we were opening the door. It turned out to only be that someone had left the tv on, but at 2am that's a very scary way to be introduced to your room--especially after the experience downstairs.

We had a corner room on the sixth floor, which would have been great if everything hadn't been so damp and musty. It smelled of cigarrette smoke, and I don't know if it was the air conditioning or just the age of the building but the carpet and bedding felt damp. It felt so gross to be in bed that I couldn't get comfortable, let alone sleep. My husband took the extra fleece blanket from the closet and made a "taco" for me to sleep in so that I wasn't actually touching any of the damp bedding. That worked, but the damage was done. I couldn't wait to get out of there this morning! I actually sat outside while he checked out and got the car from valet, because I didn't want to be in that building one more minute.

Now, all that being said, the staff was very friendly. The lobby and common areas of the hotel are beautiful in an "historical" sense. If you like creepy, damp, musty old places, this might the spot for you--but it certainly wasn't for me!

• Stayed May 2013
Dave F, General Manager at Hilton Fort Worth, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
I appreciate that you have taken time to review your stay with us. I totally apologize for the lack of an appropiate hospitality experience. I appreciate your honest and direct comments and feedback. I that you for your kind words regarding the staff members and the lobby and common areas. If you could provide your room number it woud be very helpful to review the room comfort. Thank you again. Dave Fulton VP and General Manager. dave.fulton@hilton.com
Missouri City, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

The staff at this Hilton could not be better. The Embassy Suites Fort Worth overbooked and gave the room away that we booked months in advanced. When the Embassy Suites sent us over to the Hilton they told us they would get us a rate of 138. When we got to the Hilton they told us that it would be 189, but when we told them what the Embassy Suites told us they quickly and graciously honored the rate. This is an older hotel and the rooms do show their age some, but the hotel is very clean and very nice. I cannot say enough about the kind staff. They really saved us. My family of 4 was going to have to share a King Bed at the Embassy Suites instead of the 2 queens that we books. My children are 7 and 12. My mom was staying with us at the Embassy Suites in the separate room on the sofa bed. We did not have a separate room now, so the Hilton gave her a room for the 138 rate also.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dave F, General Manager at Hilton Fort Worth, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you for staying with us recently and for taking time to review your stay. I am pleased that we were able to accommodate you all. I also appreciate your kind words regarding our team members. We are hopeful on your next visit to Fort Worth that you will stay with us again. Thank you. Dave Fulton VP and General Manager-- dave.fulton@hilton.com
Tulsa OK USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We stayed here last weekend. We were upgraded to an executive room. Very large, quiet even though right by the elevator, comfortable bed. Bathroom was ok except for poor water pressure in the shower, and the shower head seemed loose when I tried to adjust it.
The lobby is large, and it would be nice if there were more seating down there. We were waiting on friends to pick us up, and no place to sit unless we wanted to sit outside on a bench.
We didn't get to use the exec lounge as we dined with friends and stayed out so late that we slept in the next morning. So missed both the evening and breakfast there.
They did give us two free drink coupons which could be used in any of the bars or at starbucks which is in the lobby. We got our starbucks the next morning.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us recently and for taking time to review your stay. I appreciate your kind words regarding the your accommodations. I am sorry you did not get to enjoy the evening and morning services in the Executive Lounge, but am pleased you took advantage of the complimentary beverage offerings. We are hopeful on your next visit to downtown Fort Worth that you will stay with us again. Thank you. Dave Fulton VP and General Manager- dave.fulton@hilton.com
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed here while attending the Van Cliburn Piano Competition preliminary round. It's a tired old hotel that I believe Hilton has done a good job restoring. Only problem was the toilet tank had a slow leak into the bowl which meant it had to "refill" every few hours. We didn't notice it during the night. The A/C only kept the room at about 72-73 degrees which for us was acceptable but would have been unbearable for some. Reported both of these when we left. Ruth's Chis Steak House is on property and was incredibly good. Short walking distance to Bass Performance Hall and other downtown businesses. I would stay here again.
P.S. I didn't know this was the hotel that JFK spent his last night on earth. Our room was not far down the hall from his.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dave F, General Manager at Hilton Fort Worth, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
We are pleased that you stayed with us while attending the Van Cluburn Piano Competition at Bass Hall which is in walking distance from our hotel. We are an historic landmark and we continue to keep the hotel fresh. I am pleased you enjoyed Ruth Chris which is inside the hotel. I apologize for the a/c issue and toilet issue- we will address immediately. Thank you the information. We hopeful that you will stay with again when visiting Downtown Fort Worth. Thank you again. Dave Fulton VP and General Manager. dave.fulton@hilton.com

Been to Hilton Fort Worth? Share your experiences!