“Location, Price and "Papa Mike"” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Fort Worth

You added Hilton Fort Worth to your Saves list
Hilton Fort Worth
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   815 Main St, Fort Worth, TX 76102 (Downtown Fort Worth)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Parade of Lights Package
Ranked #19 of 101 Hotels in Fort Worth
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
“Location, Price and "Papa Mike"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We are regulars here and always book online for a good price. As is customary with all online bookings, never get "THE" good room but we do get an acceptable room that is old and in need of repair but the bed is clean and the bathroom is well taken care of. The location is far enough off the downtown that you can sleep but you can walk to everything in 5 minutes or less.
What endears us to this hotel is "Papa Mike" who will do or arrange just about anything for you. He is the heart and soul of this Hotel and although there are nicer properties, I will return to the Hilton until he retires.

Room Tip: Have never really gotten a "good" room...not sure how you get the top floor or one without...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dave F, General Manager at Hilton Fort Worth, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you for staying with us so often- it is very much appreciated and thank you for taking time to review your recent hotel stay. A BIG thanks for your comments regarding our Journey Ambassador "Papa Mike"- he is the best and I appreciate you recognizing him in your comments. As mentioned the location of the hotel is ideal for visiting so many sites, restaurants, cultural locations and the new JFK Tribute. Your comments regarding the guest rooms are well taken as we are in the process of the design stage of our upcoming guest room "refresh". Next time you are coming to Fort Worth- please feel free to let me know. Thank you again. Dave Fulton VP and General Manager dave.fulton@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Midland, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

This is my second stay at the Hilton, which was also horrible due to the fact the Skylight Bar doubles as a restaurant / playground for children. During my most recent stay, a few friends and I stayed here on March 22 & March 23. I guess there was a dance competition at the hotel, there were children everywhere dancing, prancing, playing and running around. There were about 20 children in the bar dancing or just standing in the way while we tried(the kids were blocking the steps) to make our way down to the bar counter. I honestly felt sorry for the bartenders(trish & nicole) between the two of them, (multiple times) they asked and we're trying to tell the parents that the children couldn't be in the bottom area of the bar but most of the parent just ignored them and laughed. Then about 15 guests placed multiple orders for food... There wasn't even enough room for everyone, which I'm sure is a FIRE HAZARD if the Fire Marshal knew. Why have I been to your hotel twice and couldn't enjoy an adult beverage in peace. Why is the restaurant below the bar not open for evening food service??? I'm pretty sure you lose more bar patrons and money than you would if it was open in the evening... Enough of that.. Papa Mike is the BEST concierge I've ever met, also the evening manager Nicholas was delightful.. The morning breakfast buffet is not as good as it should be... Well they say the third time is a charm, so I'll be giving the hotel one more try in a few months... Honestly, Management needs to figure out something with the bar / fake restaurant area, YOUR BAR PATRONS SHOULD NOT BE RAN OFF BY CHILDREN....

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying with us this past weekend and for taking time to review your stay with us.
I appreciate your comments and feedback. The weekend was honestly very challenging- The Dance competition takes place once a year in the city with activities in hotels as well as at the Convention Center. The chilly weather kept many of those in the competition inside vs. outside as well. I apologize for the challenges in the Skylight Court Bar. We also have Ruth Chris in our hotel which serves Dinner as well as having a great Happy Hour. I appreciate your great comments regarding "Papa Mike" and "Nicholas"- they are great team members! I appeciate your comments again. Thank you. Dave Fulton VP and General Manager dave.fulton@hilton.com
Carlisle, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

My wife and I recently spent five nights at the Fort Worth Hilton while she was at a conference. We considered several hotels then picked the Hilton mostly to add to our Honors points and the proximity to the convention center. First hint - get an executive level room! We were placed in the top floor around the corner from the Executive level suite. Other friends of my wife's who visited our room commented on the size of our room compared to theirs (both in the Hilton and the Omni). The breakfast in the suite had eggs/bacon/sausage each morning - along with pastries, bread, etc. Plus there was bottled water and juices available anytime of the day. The room is also used for hors d'oeveres in the evening with a cash bar for wine and beer ($5-6). That more than compensated for the additional cost of the room. The room itself was well cared for and spotless. Everyone of the staff - particularly those in the Exec. Hospitality room - were unfailing polite and helpful. Our flight in was canceled due to weather, and I had contacted the concierge before we left about suggestions for transportation from the airport. Her recommendation was waiting for us at the baggage claim at 11:30 pm and then whisked us into Fort Worth for $65. Of course the connections to President Kennedy spending his last night at the property before leaving for Dallas meant a little extra to someone who was in his junior American History class when I got word the assassination. One other attraction was that the exercise room was very adequate and totally empty in the morning when I went there (although a little hard to find at first). Nice room, good service and convenience for a conference. It was worth every penny.

Room Tip: Get an Executive level room, and ask for the 15th floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dave F, General Manager at Hilton Fort Worth, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you for staying with us recently and for taking time to review your stay. Your comments are very much appreciated! You stayed with us 5 nights- so you really had to a chance to experience our hospitality- from our team members, the Executive Lounge, the accommodations and the ideal location across the street from the Convention Center and to so many restaurants, night life and cultural venues- all steps from the hotel. We are all as you felt the interesting and historic nature of the hotel in particular the last place JFK stayed. We are pleased the transportation from the airport worked out so well. We areh hopeful if you have chance to visit Fort Worth again that you will stay with us and recommend others to stay with us. Thank you again- Dave Fulton VP and General Manager dave.fulton@hilton.com
Seattle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

The Omni was sold out so I stayed here, which was an overflow hotel. I did go into the Omni for a conference session and a meal; it was beautiful, but a zoo in terms of the driveway and lobby traffic, so I was glad that I stayed elsewhere.

The Hilton Forth Worth was also very close to the convention center and much calmer than the Omni. My room was VERY large and quiet, however it was in the in the back of the hotel so it was dark and slightly depressing. The rooms could definitely use a refresh in terms of color and paint.

The bathroom was TINY and the sink was located outside of the bathroom. This could be a drawback if you're traveling with others and trying to be quiet while another person sleeps. With remodeling, the final result could be a larger bathroom with the sink inside of it and maybe even a combined dressing area due to the room layout.

There was one exception to the staff's good service. When I walked through the lobby around 1 a.m., I twice passed bellmen speaking loudly too each other using rough language and seemingly entirely unaware that a few guests were in the lobby. Otherwise, the staff were nice and helpful at the bell desk, front desk, restaurant and with valet and room service.

Room Tip: If you want quiet, ask for a room in the back of the hotel. But know that the room will likely be a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dave F, General Manager at Hilton Fort Worth, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for staying with us recently during a conference and for taking time to review your hotel stay. I appreciate your comments and suggestions. We are in the process of the design stage of our upcoming "refresh" in 2014 and your comments are welcomed. I appreciate your comments as well regarding the staff and also apologize for the lack of appropiate hospitality by several of the bell persons. Thank you again . Dave Fulton VP and General Manager. dave.fulton@hilton.com
Allentown, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Just returned from 4 nights at the worst Hilton ever! As a Gold member with 300,000+ HH points, I feel qualified to rate them. There was a coachroach in my bath tub, hair in the bathroom sink, the bed was not made when I returned to my room at 8 PM after a long day at work, and a colleague found a box cutter knife on her bathroom floor when she first checked in. All this horrible service and upon return I checked my HH statement and learned that this hotel does not participate in the "Double Points" promotion. So I called Hiltons Honors to see why the math was wrong and there were so few points from this stay... only to learn that this hotel "opts out of the national promotions". UGH!! But one delightful plus--the bell captain was wonderful and walked our bags to the Omni hotel on his cart instead of letting us call a cab!

Room Tip: Stay at the Omni down the street! IT is clean and modern and much better!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us while attending a conference in Fort Worth and for taking time to review your stay. I appreciate your honest and direct comments. I apologize for the issues with your guest room. The hotel "opts" in to most Hilton promotions but we did not on the first quarter promotions.. I am so sorry you were unaware. I appreciate your comment regarding our bell person...he is the best. If possible can you provide the room number you stayed in so I can address the concerns/issues. Thank you again for your comments. Dave Fulton VP and General Manager. dave.fulton@hilton.com
Perth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

This hotel has a good vibe but it's very, very tired in appearance. It's not cheap and although all of the staff I had dealings with were great the whole place needs an overhaul. All of the windows were very dirty which is not a good look. The position is excellent and near to many good places to eat.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for staying with us recently and for taking time to review your stay with us. I appreciate your comments regarding the staff. We are in the planning process of our "refresh" in 2014- and your comments are welcomed. We just recently cleaned all the windows- so I am concerned that your room window was not cleaned correctly. If you could provide your room number - so I can review it would be very much appreciated. As mentioned the hotel is in a great location in the heart of downtown Fort Worth- close to so many restaurants, night life, attractions, Fort Worth Convention and cultural venues. Thank you again. Dave Fulton VP and General Manager dave.fulton@hilton.com
Flagstaff, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

The hotel is a Fort Worth landmark having been the last place where JFK stayed before he was assassinated in Dallas the next day. In a nearby plaza is a memorial. That aside, the hotel has plenty of charm and the service is quite good. The two concierges are welcoming and helpful.

The location of the hotel is close to just about anything you need or want to do in downtown. The cultural district is about three miles away.

On the downside, the hotel could use a little TLC. We stayed on the executive floor. The carpet in our room needed replacing (dirty and worn). The sofa was also a bit worn. One night we had a heavy rain storm and the bathroom window leaked to the point that we had to place a towel on the ledge.

On the upside, the bed and linens were comfy. The room was spacious (corner overlooking the train station).

We were quite disappointed in the executive lounge area in comparison to other Hiltons where we have stayed. Twice we stopped by to find that there was no coffee and the self-serve fridge was without bottled water. Breakfast was meager (bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, a few tasteless pastries). Snacks in the afternoon amounted to nuts or dried fruit mixes.

All in all, the hotel is especially good for those who are attending events at the conference center across the street.

Room Tip: We were in a corner room on the executive floor. The room had a little street noise, but not bad.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dave F, General Manager at Hilton Fort Worth, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you for staying with us recently and taking time to review your visit. I appreciate our kind words regarding our Journey Ambassadors/Concierges and other team members. I also thank you for your comments regarding the Executive Lounge and the items you mentioned with be addressed. I had to look up the comment "Little Long on tooth" and now understand your comment- well taken. As you mentioned we are right across the street from the Convention Center, walking distance to many restaurants, night life and cultural venues. We are in the process of planning our next redo- and you comments/suggestions are so noted. The JFK Tribute just opened in November as well. Thank you again and we hopeful on your next visit to Fort Worth that you will stay with us again. Dave Fulton VP and General Manager. dave.fulton@hilton.com

Been to Hilton Fort Worth? Share your experiences!