“Great place to stay downtown FW” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Fort Worth

You added Hilton Fort Worth to your Saves list
Hilton Fort Worth
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   815 Main St, Fort Worth, TX 76102 (Downtown Fort Worth)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Kiss Me Goodnight
Ranked #19 of 101 Hotels in Fort Worth
Childersburg, Alabama
“Great place to stay downtown FW”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Staff and in particular one Bellman went over and above his responsibilities. I was recently there in Ft. Worth for a Convention and had reserved the Hilton Ft. Worth as my place of rest. I had several boxes that I had shipped there prior to my arrival. The boxes needed to be located at the near by FW Convention Center for my next days business. I flew into DFW so I did not have a way of travel means. A bellman there at the Hotel on his on volunteered his services to transport these boxes for me on a bell hop trolly by foot which was about a mile walk. Been a long time since I have been treated with that kind of service. Overall as well the Hotel was very clean and had two exceptional Resturants located inside the vacility. Another plus is the Hotel is located within walking distances to many other resturants and entertainment.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dave F, General Manager at Hilton Fort Worth, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Thank you for staying with us while attending a Convention at the Fort Worth Convention Center and for taking time tor review your hotel experience. I sincerely appreciate your kind words regarding our Bellman "Terry"- he has been with for sometime and truly is an incredible team member. As you indicated the hotel has several restaurant options, plus Starbucks and within a few steps numerous restaurant choices and entertainment options. Just recently the JFK Tribute opened right in front of the hotel as well. I will pass on to Terry your wonderful comments..it will make his day! Thank you again and we hope on your next visit to Fort Worth that you will stay with us again. Thank you. Dave Fulton VP and General Manager dave.fulton@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Rose Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

The service was AMAZING. I experienced an illness of the stomach variety one night, and the hotel easily and politely accommodated me by moving me to a new room. I apologized to the cleaning staff the next day, and again polite, no big deal. Needless to say, they were tipped WELL. Everything from the front desk, to the concierge, and everyone in between were this polite and accommodating. Again, I have stayed in "nicer" Hiltons, but most of them were newer. The interesting thing about this hotel is that it is the old Hotel Texas, where Kennedy stayed before he was assassinated. Very interesting. A great property, and reasonable close to restaurants and the entertainment district.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying recently with us and for taking time to review your experience. I do appreciate your kind words regarding our team members. Our culture very focused on the guest experience. Your comments validate we are doing so many "right things" I will be passing onto the team your very nice comments. The hotel is an Historic Landmark and is the last place JFK stayed...as we say "a moment in time-a place in history". The hotel is within one block of the Fort Worth Convention Center, numerous restaurant, entertainment and culture. We are hopeful on your next visit to Fort Worth that you will stay with us again. Thank you. Dave Fulton VP and General Manager. dave.fulton@hilton.com
Topeka, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Facilities were tops. Convention Center across the street; Water Gardens within 1 block; trolley made frequent stops and was free; lots of eating & sports bar establishments within walking distance. Ruth's Chris Steakhouse accessible from inside the hotel. We were there for a wedding and all guests stayed at the HIlton - everything was close by.

Room Tip: Upper floors have a great view of the skyline and activities outside below. Rooms at end of hall...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dave F, General Manager at Hilton Fort Worth, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you for staying with us recently while attending a wedding and for taking time to review your stay with us. I appreciate your comments and feedback. As you mentioned the location of the hotel is ideal- close to so many restaurants, attractions, (The Water Gardens) JFK Tribute, entertainment venues and on the "Molloy the Trolley" route that takes you all over downtown Fort Worth. We real pleased to also have in hotel Ruth Chris- great restaurant for so many guests. We are fortunate to have many wedding guests almost every weekend stay with us whether attending wedding close by, attending a wedding reception at the hotel or a location in the downtown area. We also appreciate your kind words recording your accommodations. We are hopeful when you visit Fort Worth again that you will stay us. Thank you. Dave Fulton VP and General Manager. dave.fulton@hilton.com
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I am highly allergic to down/feathers in pillows and bedding. Upon making our on-line hotel reservations, I put in a request to not have down/feathers in the room due to my allergies. Approximately one week before our trip, I called and confirmed our reservation and again made the request for no down/feathers. The person I talked to confirmed that the request was in the system.

We checked in to the Hilton on Friday, March 1, and the front desk attendant told my husband that the request for no down or feathers had been taken care of. We dropped our bags off in the room and immediately left for a wedding rehearsal dinner.

Upon returning to the room around 10:30 that evening, guess what we found as we got ready for bed? All the pillows on the bed were feather, and the comforter was also down. We pulled them all off the bed and put in the hallway as my throat was beginning to close due to my severe allergies. We called housekeeping and within 15 minutes, they brought us two foam pillows.

The next morning, my husband went to the front desk to discuss the inconvenience we had the previous night. The front desk attendant said the request was "in the system" and she remembers being the one who entered it. He expressed that it might be "in the system", but the system doesn't work if no one reads what is "in the system". There was no apology, no offer to compensate, and no real ownership of this situation. Communication and customer service are lacking at this Hilton!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking time to review your stay with us. I apologize for the lack of appropriate hospitality. Your comments were reviewed with our team members and they also apologize. We have reviewed our procedures in light of the lack of follow through and have implemented enhanced procedures. I really do appreciate that you took the time to provide us your experience. Thank you again. Dave Fulton VPand General Manager. dave.fulton@hilton.com
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

My room was clean and comfortable with friendly and accommodating staff. The hotel is conveniently located within walking distance to the conference center. There is a Starbucks in the lobby and a Del Friscos steakhouse across the street. The hotel has a nice historic flair that included classic western art--cowboy style. My room included the breakfast in the concierge level which served a nice continental selection. This historic hotel has all of the makings for a nice stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dave F, General Manager at Hilton Fort Worth, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for staying with us recently and for taking time to review your visit. The historic nature of the hotel was recently enhanced with the opening of the JFK Tribute directly in front of the hotel- as we often say "At moment in time-a place in history" ..it will be 50 years in November when JFK and Jackie stayed with us and visited Fort Worth. The location of the hotel is ideal- steps away from the Convention Center, so many restuarants, cultural venues and Sundance Square. We are pleased that you enjoyed our Starbucks located in the hotel as well. We are also hopeful on your next visit to Fort Worth that you will stay with us again. Thank you. Dave Fulton VP and General Manager. dave.fulton@hilton.com
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

Service:
Upon check-in the manager greeted us and provided a key, but did not disclose the features (Internet access, breakfast...etc.). When we put our clothes in our room and came back down, another service representative was explaining all the details to another guest. We were by far disappointed. One of the valuable details the manager conveniently excluded when checking us in was that if we signed up for Hilton Rewards, we would get Internet for free.

Rooms:
The furniture was dated and dusty. The vents had not been clean. The shower was pulling away from the wall. Pee stains were around the toilet. Mildew or discoloration/stains were on the ceiling. I was scared to touch anything in the room. A spider crawled across my hudband's foot while he was in the bathroom.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for staying with us recently and for taking time to review your stay. I apologize for the our team not informing you about all our services including complimentary Wi-Fi for all Hilton HHonor members and when you enroll at our hotel for Hilton HHonors the Wi-Fi becomes complimentary. I also apologize for the lack of appropriate accommodations. Not what anyone should expect of our hotel. If possible would you be able to provide the guest room number so we can address. I thank you again for providing your honest and direct review. I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you. Dave Fulton VP and General Manager. dave.fulton@hilton.com
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The decor of this hotel I would describe as "updated traditional", which I much prefer over post-modern. It's a historic hotel but it feels new and fresh.

There's no standard "dinner" restaurant in the hotel, but a Ruth's Chris is on the first floor (very pricey) and other restaurants are within walking distance. On the other hand, there is a 24-hour room service menu available if you do want dinner in your room (or lunch or breakfast)--it's not an expansive menu but it's decent and I found that an appetizer or salad was easily big enough to make a meal by itself.

Twice while I was sitting in the lobby I happened to observe the hotel staff (the concierge and a couple of other staff) engaging the guests in a positive, friendly and helpful way, beyond just the usual "hello". Room service and the valet were also friendly. Seems like they're doing things right here, from what I can tell.

Room Tip: I had a corner king on the 11th floor; it was spacious and quiet. The bed was very comfortable and I...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dave F, General Manager at Hilton Fort Worth, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for staying with us recently and for taking time to review your stay with us. I really like your description of the hotel "updated traditional" I will share with our team! Our dinner restaurant is Ruth Chris and we also provide a Bar Menu in our Skylight Court Bar and also In Room Dining. The restaurants as mentioned in right across the street but there are numerous others within walking distance from casual to upscale. The hotel staff is very much engaged with assisting guests..we were actually in the Top 10% of all Hiltons in the Americans for Helpfulness of Staff. I really do appreciate that you noticed. We are hopeful on your next visit to Downtown Fort Worth that you will stay with us again. Thank you.. Dave Fulton VP and General Manager. dave.fulton@hilton.com

Been to Hilton Fort Worth? Share your experiences!