“Retro in a bad way” 2 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Park Central Hotel to your Saves list
Park Central Hotel
Park Central Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1010 Houston Street, Fort Worth, TX 76102 (Downtown Fort Worth)   |
Ranked #91 of 99 Hotels in Fort Worth
Washington, DC
“Retro in a bad way”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

This hotel is in a good location, and is cheap, but that is the end of the list of positive things. First, the physical plant is uncomfortably similar to the Memphis motel in which MLK, Jr., was shot. Second, the rooms are exceptionally noisy. Third, other patrons (even allowing for the fact that we were there during the holidays) were loud and obnoxious at all hours, with no concern for other patrons, and no intervention from staff. Fourth, the rooms were dirty and shabby. Avoid.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

After reading the reviews, I wasn't quite sure what to expect. But I was very pleasantly surprised with what I found. I stayed here four nights while attending a conference at the Hilton (rooms there were sold out). The staff at Park Central were great, and the rooms were very clean and nice. The room had a good shower and a very comfortable king sized bed. I was worried that the live music from the restaurant downstairs was going to be loud so I asked for a quiet room. I was given a room on the top floor, it was very quiet, even when there was live music playing. I'd never been to Fort Worth before, so I didn't know what to expect from the neighborhood, but the whole downtown town area feels very safe. I felt comfortable walking the few blocks back to the PC Hotel from my conference alone, even after dark. This is not a fancy hotel, but it's definitely a step up from your average motel. With its convenient location and reasonable price, I think it's a great find!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
north east
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

Stayed there end of August in a heatwave.Staff very helpful on arrival and throughout the stay.Room was OK.Air con worked and we needed it! Shower was fine.Bed linen and towels had seen better days but were clean.Pool and pool area very nice and location was great,short walk to Sundance Square,Moly the Trolley stop right outside and train station nearby.Budget hotel at budget prices would stay again if ever returning to Fort Worth.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011 via mobile

I was down during the superbowl and my stay was horrible.The first night it was so hot we had to sleep with the door opens because the a/c unit only blew hot air. The shower was dirty and you never knew if the water was going to be freezing cold or burning hot. The third night we were there my roomate broke out with rashes all over his body and had to go the emergency room and get shots and medication for bug bites . We had to change rooms and the second room was not any better ! If you have any type of allergies or do not like dirty , dusty places do not stay here !!!!!

• Stayed February 2011
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

The Staff and front desk people were awesome! They treated us very well. And the pool was wonderful too, very refreshing when it is so hot out!
The Hotel itself I was very disappointed in. When we checked in we were put in a room that the air condition did not work, when the temp is 102 degrees outside you need air condition. They moved us, which was perfect. The room we were moved to was so much better. Like moving from a cheap hotel to a fancy hotel. Wasn't sure why the rooms were not all the same. But at least we got moved. Then our shower quit working on us and they couldn't fix it so they gave us a key to another room, which ironically was the room we were moved out of, and we had to go to another room to take our showers. On the second to last day of our stay my son woke up and when he sat up there was a dead cockroach underneath him. Ewwwww! I hate roaches and I grossed out. The ice machine was out of order only one that worked and we had to go to that floor to get ice. The coke machine on our floor charged $1.00 for drinks, but we could go to the second floor and they were only 75 cents.
I can't stress enough though how wonderful the staff was! They were very helpful and very friendly. Maybe needs better management??? Not sure. We come every year, but won't be staying here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
North Richland Hills, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

So, for my bachelorette party, a group of us girls decided to get a hotel room to be on the safe side. We found this place online, and the website looked okay so we booked it. Upon arriving, we noticed that there were blood stains all over the curtains in our room, that we had an escape window above our door, and after sleeping (tossing and turning all night in the horribly uncomfortable bed) that our entire mattress was covered in blood stains. I hope that you do not get room 500. They lock you into the hotel, and you have to ask to leave. They told us this is to prevent the prostitutes from coming in. Also in our room, were bars of soap advertising for the Human Trafficking Hotline!!!! This place was AWFUL! DO NOT STAY HERE. THE ONLY POSITIVE WAS THE LOCATION BEING IN THE HEART OF DOWNTOWN.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
mcalester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2011

Hotel is in the perfect location; walking distance to Sundance Square. We are sure this hotel has recently been renovated. Our room was excellent! New carpet and new tile in bathroom and dressing area. Bed linens were "clean and crisp"; towels appeared to be new and all very clean. Pillows and mattress were above average for hotel room. We commented "slept better than at home". The staff was more than helpful to us. We had fahitas from the restaurant and we highly recommend you try these. We heard no loud noise at night. No complaints whatsoever!!!! Will definitely stay at Park Central Hotel when we are in Fort Worth.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Park Central Hotel? Share your experiences!