“"Love the food; stimied by the hours of operation"” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #654 of 1,347 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Fort Worth, Texas
“"Love the food; stimied by the hours of operation"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

Love the food. Love it, love it, love it. Big fat gyros with plenty of meat, and delicious salads, too. My only beef with this place is that even though the hours are posted doesn't necessarily mean that's when the place will be open. I understand the need for a vacation or a day off, but I've driven over there plenty of times, only to find the place locked up tigher than a drum with no explanation. Lately, I've taken to calling ahead to make sure someone will be there. I've also taken matters into my own hands and purchased the full box of gyro meat and packages of bread so that I can make these at home in my convection oven. Whether they make it or you make it, the food is excellent. My husband, who denied liking lamb, is now a believer in the gyro.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Cleburne, Texas
“Love that Greek!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

Still the best gyros around. George and wife Helen retired and son Nick reopened the store/restaurant to the delight of patrons who have eaten there for years. Their specialty is a Greek turkey sandwich -- sliced turkey on pita bread stuffed with Greek salad. A great sandwich but I'm still partial to the gyro. You can't go wrong if you like Greek.

• Visited March 2012