“great food, great service, great time!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Silver Fox is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #314 of 1,269 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: I-30 and University
Brooklyn, New York
“great food, great service, great time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

enjoyed the dinner for two. great value and wonderful steaks. the service was outstanding. a great night out!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Bedford, Texas
“Scrumptious & enjoyable treat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We received a gift card from our kids so used it to celebrate my birthday. The steaks (filets) were very tender & flavorful. The service was very attentive. The creamed corn is a must have. And we received a complimentary dessert for my special day - a yummy yet light chocolate cake. I highly recommend for a special night out. It is pricey but hey you're worth it!

Visited June 2013
“Enjoyable, but pricey!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

I had the Chilean sea bass & it was good but I thought my husbands salmon was better. We shared a nice bottle of Chardonnay on Mothers Day. Service was great but they forgot to bring the signature tomatoes/onions that they serve with all meals. We did try a tomato before we left, Very good! The steaks that were served to others looked fantastic!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Arlington, Texas
“Splurging at the Fox”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

On November 3, 2012, my sweetie and I chose Silver Fox in Fort Worth to celebrate my "milestone" birthday. From salad to dessert, we,relished every morsel and left with a token of my special day: a picture signed by the staff and Proprietor, Colin Kelly.

Excellent!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fort Worth, Texas
“Not the fine dining experience we anticipated.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

When dining at upscale eateries, where the food tab alone can easily be $30 plus per person, the expectations for a memorable culinary experience are always high. Service and atmosphere are also important, but the cuisine MUST shine above all else.

Sadly, it did not! In fact, service is the only area where Silver Fox met our five-star expectations. We even rated the atmosphere higher than the food. OUCH!

The Seafood Medley appetizer was a plate with two cocktail shrimp, one with a red sauce, one with a mayo based sauce, one sauteed diver scallop with a butter sauce, and a small crab cake with remoulade sauce. The star of the plate was the crab cake. Scallop was average. Prawns were large but sans the sauces, tasteless.

For the entree, we opted for the dinner for two. Two USDA Prime beef filets cooked to order, we asked for medium well, with whipped potatoes, sauteed sugar snap peas and one side of our choice. We chose the Makers Mark bourbon mushrooms as the side.

Both steaks were overcooked. I opted to send mine back. Second try was still not cooked to order, but it was acceptable. While waiting for the steak redo, manager brought me a gratis cup of the lobster bisque. YUCK!

The whipped spuds were average. The sugar snap peas, which I will never be a fan of, had to be good because the wife ate all of hers and half of mine. The stars of the main course for both of us? The snap peas and MM mushrooms side. OUCH!

Back to the five-star service. Realizing we were not having an overall top knotch dining experience, we were comped with the dessert of our choice. We picked the Creme Brulee. Wish I could tell you it was above average, but cannot.

James

P.S. The only thing that equaled the five-star service was the wine I selected to accompany our meal. CapRock's Sweet Tempranillo. We like it so much that we just ordered a case online.

• Visited March 2013