“Very Good Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Omni Fort Worth Hotel

You added Omni Fort Worth Hotel to your Saves list
Omni Fort Worth Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1300 Houston Street, Fort Worth, TX 76102 (Downtown Fort Worth)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #6 of 101 Hotels in Fort Worth
yorkshire
“Very Good Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2010

We flew in from the International airport and hired a car from Avis which was extremely well organised - all car hire is via a coutesy bus from the airport which was 5 mins away. It took 45 mins to get to the hotel (Valet parking aprox $20 a night) and stayed for two nights and the hotel was very good. Very clean, quite contemporary and very friendly staff. Concierge were excellent at organising us - from restaurants to organising the courtesy bus to take us to Billy Bobs (which was also great fun expect to queue on Sat night). Bobs Chop House in the hotel was excellent - would highly recommend. Breakfast was ok - service and food was not as good as the Chop House. Not many places to have breakfast (apart from an in house starbucks) as the hotel was directly opposite the convention centre and nearest bars were 5-10 minutes walk away.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
OmniTexasMgr, E-Commerce Manager at Omni Fort Worth Hotel, responded to this review, October 28, 2010
Thank you for choosing the Omni Fort Worth Hotel. We hope that your experience here in Fort Worth has you ready to come back for another visit to our city. Thank you and safe travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Rochester, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

This was a beautiful hotel with a fantastic staff! The hotel is new (just over a year old I believe) and it is very clean and beautifully decorated. My room had a very large LCD flat screen tv, luxurious beds and a beautifull decorated, roomy bathroom. I was there on business and all of the hotel meals were very good as well.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for coming back to the Omni Fort Worth hotel and for another great review. We hope that you can come visit us every time you come to town.
Ottawa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

Welcoming staff. Rooms are not small, and bathroom is great. Lots of towels. I was in meetings all day, so nice to get back to comfy room. Location in centre of Ft Worth made it easy to walk around and find a place for dinner. Only complaint was very expensive breakfast in lobby restaurant...Has Starbucks in -house.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location easy for getting to Sundance Square. Come back soon!
Dallas, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010

Sorry this review is long but I am worried my last review of 5 stars for this hotel is no longer timely.

We have stayed at this hotel before and returned because we loved it the last time. I booked my stay with an Omni gift certificate that I bought at a silent auction. After a few unreturned phone calls to various staff, I was told I could not pay to upgrade to one of their breakfast packages (those are a better deal). OK-no big deal-Just thought I would ask since we enjoyed the restaurant last time for breakfast each morning. (We are gold Starwood members and are accustomed to free breakfast in their club lounges. Hilton always gives us coupons for free breakfast too. Omni does free room service juice/coffee for its members but with kids it is hard to beat free continental breakfast in a club lounge.)

We arrived on Saturday night and checked in without incident. Our room was as lovely as last time. The big windows are very cool and the staff put us on the top floor where the view is great and the street noise is lessened-very nice.

Sunday am found us at the pool. We enjoy their pool on the roof of the 3rd floor. It is such a nice place in the middle of downtown. We did notice all the kids had backpacks filled with toys. My kids kept asking why we didn’t get one. I don’t know? When we left the hotel for the day, we stopped by and asked at the front desk. OH, you didn’t receive one? They gave us some and a coupon for free kids meal (but only from 5:30 to 6:30) at the pool grill. We went out for the day, but promised the kids we would be back for hot dogs by the pool. We enjoyed the new Fort Woth Science Museum and IMAX (always 5 star) and had lunch at Fred’s (cute diner near downtown but not worth the Sunday brunch wait this time). We left the museum at 5:15 and rushed back to the hotel for hot dogs. Wow, what a chore. My husband spent 30-40 minutes standing by the bar at the pool (and it is still hot in Sept in TX and there were no chairs) waiting on this one poor boy to make the kids meals. Then they ran out of chips and you had to stand in another line to get a drink he said. Not worth the effort at all. Plus it was so windy, we quickly lost one drink to the wind. I tried to get a refill but gave up after waiting for 10 minutes at the bar. Why were they not prepared for all these kids? If you are going to pass out coupons for something easy like hot dogs for a 1 hour window, then grill up some hot dogs and buy some chips and pre-pour several Sprites. ANY mom who has organized a birthday party for 20 kids knows how to do that. Don’t expect this one poor boy to do all of that himself. He looked like he was about to pull his hair out. The idea was good but the execution was poor and frustrating to everyone waiting. (We experienced a similar long wait the last time we ate at the pool grill but we were told it was just the Memorial Day crowd. This time, it was a holiday but there wasn’t really a crowd at all-several empty tables at 6:15 pm.)
Our kids enjoyed the kids club next. They convert a large meeting room into a play area on the weekends during summer. They had a movie playing and a bounce house was new this time. The kids loved that. But hardly any kids were in there? I don’t think anyone knows about it.

The next morning I was awakened by my husband asking me what I wanted to do about my shoes. What are you talking about???? It turned out that before 8 am someone called our room (on Labor Day which is a US holiday and I was hoping to sleep in) to tell me that my shoes that I put out for a shoe shine at 8 pm on Sat (36 hours earlier) couldn’t be done unless they put white polish on my bone colored shoes. They wanted to know if I wanted them to use the wrong color? (Of course not.) I told them just to return the shoes. Great. Now I am wide awake and one of the kids is awake. Who calls a hotel room to wake up people regarding shoes by 8 am on a holiday? Crazy. Then they didn’t return my shoes as I asked. When I was in the kids club 2.5 hours later, I mentioned to the kids that we had to leave to go find my shoes that had been missing. A nice female employee offered to go find them for me. A bellman type man returned later with my shoes. (Why didn’t they timely put the shoe bag on my door with a nice note explaining they are out of polish—no big deal.)

When we checked out I mentioned to the front staff I did not appreciate the pre- 8am phone call. A management-looking man stepped up and took full credit for calling me. (He seemed very proud of it for some crazy reason.) I appreciated the honesty (his Mom would be very proud) but explained I was trying to sleep in (which is priceless for working moms and which is part of why people check into hotels to not wake up at the normal time for school/work). He never apologized; he still though calling before 8 am was great customer service. I thought by politely telling him I disapproved he might not wake up any other poor mom on a holiday? I hope so. I do know I was looking at a sheet of paper with some notes on it when I was talking to him. He asked me for the paper. I told him it was just notes but I gave it to him thinking maybe someone would contact us later? It has been over a month now and no one has ever called. So now I am starting to wonder if maybe he wanted to keep the paper so no one else saw it? Who knows. Perhaps he doesn't have kids or a wife so he is clueless about my concern?

We had another issue regarding room service being an hour late (we called them to ask if they were coming at all and they didn’t seem to know about our order we hung on our door the night before) but they resolved the issue by taking $7.50 off the bill after the I explained the waiter told me the tip was not included (so I tipped him) and it was actually included. I would tell you not to order the $2 croissants off the room service menu. I actually took a picture of one of them since it was barely larger than a sugar packet. It was almost a joke to my hungry kids. But it really didn’t matter since they were so stale/chewy that the kids would not even eat them.

We really like this hotel for several reasons (new, great pool and centrally located to all the activities in Fort Worth) and we will probably will go back but I was just disappointed by the service this time. Over 50% of the time we asked them to do something (other than provide a room), staff did not execute well. They have a great free kids club but they don’t advertise it. Other hotels give you a schedule of events when you check in so you can plan accordingly. (I mentioned this when we checked out and was told there was a schedule in the backpack. We looked (thinking we must have missed it) but neither backpack included a schedule.) This hotel is just so so close to being really great. We hope on our next visit they will have these kinks worked out. We enjoy Omni’s a lot and the price at this one is very reasonable for a weekend getaway. We are hoping it was just an off weekend for them. Lots of North Texas area families would love this hotel for a staycation if they can work out the kinks. It takes first rate service to make guests want to come back. A pretty new hotel is not enough.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
OmniTexasMgr, E-Commerce Manager at Omni Fort Worth Hotel, responded to this review, November 1, 2010
Thank you for your review of the hotel. I apologize for this experience not being up to the standards of your last stay. I have passed your experience along to our management team on property and hope that you will return to show us that your first stay is the true Omni Fort Worth Hotel.
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2010

Went for business. Great hotel. Updated rooms, HD TV, quiet, clean. The swimming pool is gorgeous and has a hot tub. There are no liquor stores or grocery stores in the area if you are watching pennies but the food costs at the hotel are very reasonable. The staff were very helpful. Rooms were good size. The price was fair for a business trip. The place is in really good shape. A very good experience.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
OmniTexasMgr, E-Commerce Manager at Omni Fort Worth Hotel, responded to this review, October 4, 2010
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and hope that whenever your business brings you back to Fort Worth that you are able to stay with us.
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2010

We booked this hotel at a very good rate through Priceline and it is difficult to find fault with it.

The design is fabulous and it is within easy walking distance of lots of restaurants in Fort Worth. The rooms are great and the pool area, although small, is built in such a way that it is nice enough to spend an afternoon lazing around.

Another great thing is that the hotel bars have very reasonable prices, unlike so many hotels that try to gouge their customers.

On arrival we were told that the only parking was valet and that this was $20 a day. I think that as an alternative you could park in a public lot for $15, so not much difference.

This was our first stay in an Omni but we will definitely look for them in the future.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of the hotel! Whiskey and Rye has a all-day happy hour special for a $3 draft or a $4 house wine or frozen margarita! As we are in the downtown area parking is limited, however we are always checking parking rates to make sure we are competitive to the other hotels downtown. We hope you come visit us again at the Omni in Fort Worth or wherever your travels take you.
Lincoln, NE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2010

On a weekend trip to Ft Worth, we stayed 2 nights at the Omni. This hotel is very clean and has great cowboy/western decor which really made us feel like we were in Texas. The hotel is on the trolley shuttle which will take you downtown Ft Worth to Sundance Square. Very unique area with shops, restaurants, etc.

The hotel is within walking distance to the TRE (train that takes you to Dallas). And, although we weren't there for a conference, it seemed like the place to stay if attending a conference since the Convention Center was right across the street.

We told them it was our anniversary so they upgraded us to a corner room with a king size bed, walk in shower. Very nice! They also sent up a complimentary bottle of red wine. If ever in Ft Worth again, we'll be back to the Omni!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for letting us make your anniversary weekend special. We hope that you can make a stay with us part of your celebration for many years to come!

Been to Omni Fort Worth Hotel? Share your experiences!