“Meeting planners, you get the total package with this property!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Omni Fort Worth Hotel

Save Saved
You added Omni Fort Worth Hotel to your Saves list
Omni Fort Worth Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1300 Houston Street, Fort Worth, TX 76102 (Downtown Fort Worth)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #7 of 100 hotels in Fort Worth
Columbus, Ohio
“Meeting planners, you get the total package with this property!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I stayed at the Omni Fort Worth in early June 2013 when running a meeting across the street in the Fort Worth Convention Center. It has very convenient access to the convention center, and is also as delightfully appointed as I expect an Omni Hotel to be: comfortable luxury that provides all the amenities and comforts you want without being over-the-top. The rooms are comfortable with good amenities, the restaurants provide great food at reasonable prices (I was surprised!), and the staff is amazing. While I didn't actually hold any meetings at the hotel, I still had contact with a Conference Sales Manager, and the experience I had in the few requests I needed to make gave me the impression that I would have been extremely satisfied with the service that the hotel provided. Speaking of service, I want to call out two individuals: Leslie, my CSM and Jonathan, one of the bell staff. Leslie was incredibly attentive even though I didn't hold the guest room contract with the property and was an amazing partner...she's Wonder Woman! Jonathan is to be commended for his quick thinking when one of my guests fell ill in the lobby and we needed immediate assistance to make her comfortable. I was grateful he was there to help us! In the future, if I have a need to place a meeting in Fort Worth, I will certainly check with the Omni first!

Room Tip: No tips on the rooms, but be sure to sign up for the Omni Guest Rewards program. It takes less than...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

1,149 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Dallas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Excellent hotel with great outdoor patios. Take time to play billiards outdoors in shade by the 3rd floor pool. Superb staff that bring a friendly Texas attitude. Fantastic bed where I wish I could have stayed longer. Great location in downtown Ft. Worth across the street from the convention center.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

DanielDelk, Manager at Omni Fort Worth Hotel, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for your review. We're delighted to hear your experience at the Omni Fort Worth Hotel was so memorable and that our staff provided such warm Texas hospitality. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Came up for a weekend to race some cars at Tx Motor Speedway. Nice staff, nice room and very clean. Kinda expensive but well worth it. It's not close to all things downtown, but there are several restaurants and bars at hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks for taking a moment to provide some feedback of your recent stay at the Omni Fort Worth Hotel. We are very glad you enjoyed your experience overall and hope to see you again soon!
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Every Memorial Weekend is the time I bring my son to visit my brother and my nephew in Fort Worth, who is only 15 minutes away from Omni Fort Worth Hotel. After my brother moved closer to downtown, it was an easy decision to just stay in Omni as it's only about 15 minutes away from his house. This is our 4th time stay in this Omni, and every time we are here, we always feel very welcome! You can't find one staff not smiling at you everywhere you go in the hotel, and they are always very helpful. The room is bigger than most of the hotel, and the bathroom is always very clean with lots of towls. We never run out of soap, shampoo, or lotion...etc. The ice bucket is always filled with fresh ice. Absolutely love the valet parking, it's easy and quick - I know it will cost you some money - but you're paying what you get, and their service is worth of every penny you spend. Since this time we needed to leave early in the morning, so I thought about to return my rental car the night before and just ride the taxi back to the hotel. When we were ready to check out, I found that I was charged for extra night of valet parking (the night that I returned the rental car). So, on my way to check out that morning, I brought this error to the front desk attention and explain why that charge shouldn't be on the bill. It only took them a few minutes to make the correction, and they apologized and handed me the corrected statement. From this trip, I've learned that they have taxi waiting across the street 24/7, and you don't need to call the front desk ahead of time to ask them to get the taxi ready for you. After we checked out, we walked out, then we were in taxi on our way to the airport! ~ that easy! While we were there, this time I used their Spa - it was AWESOME!!! I do wish they have some "walk-in" appointments available for some customers that needed some relaxation in the last minute. I learned to make the appoinment from my previous stay. If you're going to Fort Worth often and regularly, I'll strongly recommend you to stay here and become their "Select Member" as you will get some additional nice perks such as free water, cookie and milk, the fresh cleaned & plush robe for the evening or free night stay to just name a few. The price is reasonable and the location is great for family or a couple. The water garden near by is excellent place to take a walk in the morning/evening, the pool on the roof top is the perfect place to relax with the view! I became the Omni Select Member since last year, and I plan to visit other Omni hotels & resorts for our family vacation in the future as their service is so much better than some of the major hotel chain because I really feel the money we spent was worth of all the service we received from Omni.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking a moment to review your most recent stay at the Omni Fort Worth Hotel and for continuing to choose us as your preferred hotel in the city. We are very pleased to hear that each stay has provided such a memorable experience and that you found our staff well-trained and friendly. We hope you do choose to explore other Omni Hotels and Resorts and we definitely look forward to welcoming you back to Fort Worth very soon!
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

My husband and spent on night here on Memorial Day weekend to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. We had considered staying at the Hilton (where we stayed on our wedding night) but after reading the TripAdvisor reviews decided to go with the Omni - I'm glad we did. We. We were treated very special from the moment we checked in. I had written on our reservation that we were celebrating our anniversary and the hotel sent champagne and chocolates covered strawberries to our room. Even though the hotel was very busy with the holiday weekend and the Colonial Golf Tournament in town, we enjoyed a quiet and relaxing stay. We will return for our next celebration.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review and for choosing the Omni Fort Worth Hotel to celebrate your 30th anniversary. We are delighted to hear that the staff provided such thoughtful and warm service throughout your stay and we look forward to celebrating many more special occasions with you!
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We recently stayed for one night while visiting Fort Worth for a graduation at the convention center. The Omni is perfectly located (across the street) for any type of activities hosted at the convention center.

The hotel is in excellent condition - from the guest room to the interior areas (lobby, halls, restaurant).

The guest room was reasonably sized. The bathroom had a modern look and feel and was very clean. The beds were very comfortable. The rooms were very quiet, with no noise from the hallways or adjacent rooms, during a high-attendance weekend.

During our stay, we took advantage of the restaurant for breakfast. The buffet was good, with a wide selection of traditional breakfast items. Service was attentive.

The area around the hotel was generally clean and well-lit at night.

The only negative consideration is the hotel parking. Self-parking is handled through an independent, detached parking garage located across the street from the hotel. Although the distance is certainly not far, it is not as convenient as an attached garage that you can access through the hotel elevator.

Overall, the experience was quite good and we would definitely consider staying again at the Omni when visiting Fort Worth.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback and we are glad you had an enjoyable stay. We hope you join us again when your travels bring you back to Fort Worth!
San Antonio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

The hotel was very nice. The lobby, rooms, furnishings, etc., were all top notch. May family of 5 stayed in a suite with an adjoining room. The suite itself was huge and it provided more than enough room, highly recommend for families with multiple children. The master bath was great, including a large separate shower with multiple shower heads. The main restaurant had a very nice breakfast selection, we ate there twice and enjoyed it both times. There are also two bars in the main lobby, a standard bar with pool tables, etc., and a quieter wine bar. Since we had kids we didn't get to try either one but they looked nice and look forward to trying on my next trip. The pool area was generally nice but can feel a little cramped on the weekend. The hotel is also conveniently located right across from the water gardens which was a great place for the kids, we went twice just to give them somewhere to run around. It's also easy walking distance to other downtown restaurants and shops. We really only have two complaints. First, I had read on the hotel website about their special kids activities, etc. Unfortunately nothing was mentioned or offered for the kids at check-in. On the elevator ride up to the room I asked the bellman about kids activities and he said there was a kids club on the third floor that had activities and a movie in the evening. The kids heard him say this and got excited. Shortly after we walked down to the third floor but could not find anything for the kids. I later called the concierge who said yes they have something but she would have to call me back with details. Fifteen minutes later I get a call back telling me that because of the conferences going on they did not have any special kids club or movies the two nights we were there. Since that was one of the draws initially for going to the Omni and the bellman got the kids excited about it on the elevator it became a big let down for everyone. They should clarify their webpage about that and make sure the staff is more aware up front. Second complaint, for some reason the air freshener in the room was very strong to the point of making some of us sneeze quite a bit. After the first day we asked housekeeping to refrain from using any and that helped on day two. One extra tip - if you join the rewards club you receive free beverage service in the morning and free wifi.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
We are very pleased to hear that overall you had a very enjoyable experience at the Omni Fort Worth. However, we do regret the disappointment you and your children experienced regarding the Omni Sensational Kid's Program. We do have a large business clientele but we certainly take pride in our kid-friendly aspects that cater to our youngest guests as well and we apologize this was not the experience you received during your stay. Thank you for taking a moment to provide us with this review and we hope to see you again soon!

Been to Omni Fort Worth Hotel? Share your experiences!