“Never again..” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Omni Fort Worth Hotel

Save Saved
You added Omni Fort Worth Hotel to your Saves list
Omni Fort Worth Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1300 Houston Street, Fort Worth, TX 76102 (Downtown Fort Worth)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #7 of 100 hotels in Fort Worth
Keller, Texas
“Never again..”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

The fact that I spent almost $200/night for this stay and NOT be able to sleep WITH my husband is review enough. But what led to this debacle must be noted. We, as seasoned travelers, completely understand a full booking and can even get passed no king rooms available at times, there were a million nutty art teachers in for a convention this particular weekend, watch out for them, they'll knock you over right in your tracks going from point A to point B! However, the 20 minute wait on the phone to actually speak to someone about receiving a double room vs a king was annoying, but it only got worse, when finally answered, being rudely interrupted not only by the operator, but also the front desk attendant before we could get our concerns voiced was just disrespectful. I had HEARD of such unsavory customer service acts before and often, but had never been on the receiving end of them. NOW I have. That was enough for me; I didn't want to stick around for anything further to ruin my weekend's plans. Therefore; it would be dinner at Oliver’s Fine Food (YUM!) and breakfast at that infamous hotel that provided a night’s rest the night before our 35th president’s assassination (the homemade granola is really not to be believed!), and for the future, back to my trusted and beloved 4.5-5 star accommodations for me! At the same star level, you should take a few pointers from them, ESPECIALLY IN CUSTOMER SERVICE! Cancel that rewards Gold account for us Omni, we won't be back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
DanielDelk, Manager at Omni Fort Worth Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review and provide us with feedback. We value your opinion and thank you for choosing to stay at the Omni Fort Worth Hotel. We regret that your recent stay at our property was fraught with so much disappointment and your comments have been passed along to our management team. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if there is anything else that I may be of assistance with at ddelk@omnihotels.com and thank you again for your feedback.

1,147 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Baytown, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Did not stay here but did spend two full days in meetings. Beautiful hotel with excellent service and the best "Convention Food" I have ever had in 30 years of hotel meetings. Plenty of room for a massive amount of people.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking a moment to review your time spent in our property attending meetings. We hope to see you again soon for another meeting or overnight stay.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Stayed at the Omni for a family event. From the moment we checked in had an amazing experience! We were a little apprehensive as a dance competition filled the hotel, but service was great despite a full hotel. Omni rooms are always large and comfortable and this one was quite nice. Hospitality suite was amazing with a large area for food and a large corner balcony. Rooms were very quiet. Breakfast buffet in Cast Iron restaurant had everything--cook to order eggs, fresh fruits, waffles, breads, cereals, tea, coffee, fresh squeezed orange juice, etc.

The event in the ballroom was amazing. Service was fantastic from the passed appetizers, to the kids and adult buffets, to the passed hot chocolate and milk and cookies at the end of the evening. No dancers made it into the party as the Omni staff made sure to deter them from our family event.

Make sure to sign up for Omni Rewards loyalty program. The program allows free beverage service in the morning, pressed items and a weekday paper. It is nice to wake up to a carafe of hot coffee, tea or cocoa and a morning paper before starting the day.

Valet is very convenient at this hotel. Make sure to call ahead for your car and it will be waiting for you when you are ready to leave.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Omni Fort Worth Hotel and thank you for choosing our property to host your family event. We are glad the location worked so well and that our staff was so attentive to your needs. We hope to see you again soon!
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Overall we had a fantastic stay at the Omni in Fort Worth. Service was outstanding, food was good, self parking was close and there were plenty of spaces with in and out privileges. Convenient to the convention center. Sundance Square wouldn't be a bad walk on a nice day but way too far when it's chilly out and I wouldn't make that walk at night unless there were lots of people with you.

My only real complaint is that you have to pay extra to use the fridge that's in the room and that you have to pay to watch television. They don't even have local channels. But that seems to be the way hotels are going these days.

It's a little difficult to get past the valet stand to get to the convention center. And every time I went to the self park garage I felt like I had to dodge cars that were coming into the valet to get to the lobby doors. I get they're working with the design of the hotel, but it does create a bit of a bottleneck that can be a problem for a convention hotel with many people entering and exiting at once.

Be sure to listen to the way the elevator announces the lobby. Cracked me and my daughter up every single time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking a moment to provide us with feedback of your recent stay at the Omni Fort Worth Hotel. We are delighted to hear that overall you had such a wonderful experience. We do wish to address the comment in your review regarding the lack of local TV channels. Our property does offer all of the local DFW television affiliates as well as many other channels at no cost so we are unsure as to what may have occurred during your stay. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at ddelk@omnihotels.com to help clarify this if needed. Once again, thank you for your feedback and we certainly look forward to seeing you again soon!
portland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

This was my 12th night at the hotel since August 2012. Every visit exceeds my expectations. Be sure and sign up for their loyalty program. You will be offered online check-in. You'll be able to skip the front desk line and pick up your room key without waiting. You will also have water in your room along with the offer of having 2 items pressed and shoes shined. In addition, they will bring coffee, juice and the paper to your door in the morning. Fill in the time requested hang the request on your door and it will appear in the morning. Best part...if indicated they will knock and leave the items outside your door. Love that! All the staff are very friendly and helpful. Valets are excellent and work their buns off. If there is an event at the hotel valet area is often jammed. Tip...if you need your car call ahead and ask them to get your car. Then if you exit the hotel and walk to the left and wait at the corner you can intercept the valets before you are bottlenecked in the reception area. Food at Bob's steakhouse is fabulous. Great food and cocktails. The workout room is spacious and clean, overlooking the pool area. Oh, the pool area is fabulous. Comfortable lounge chairs, plenty of room and a bar that is open in the late spring, summer and early fall. It is the only hotel in downtown that i know of that has such a wonderful outside pool. I have also enjoyed the spa and had excellent service and treatment.
The only downfall of this great place is the food at Whiskey and Rye and the Cast Iron Restaurants. Whiskey serves typical greasy bar food. The atmosphere is fun but the food is really not good. Same goes for Cast iron. If having breakfast I highly recommend getting room service. Better choices, service and food.
Overall this is our favorite home away from home when visiting our daughter at TCU. It will be one of the many things we will miss when she graduates. Great job Fort Worth Omni.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review and your loyalty to the Omni Fort Worth Hotel! We love hearing positive feedback about our staff and are glad to hear this is one of the primary reasons you continue to choose our property. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

My wife and i spent last Friday night in the hotel. It was a brief, one-night stay but we loved it and will certainly go back when next in Fort Worth! The valet staff was prompt and attentive despite a lot of activity given the Cowtown Marathon events going on over the weekend. The check in process was quick and efficient. Our room was spacious, bed was very comfortable and my favorite "little thing" is having several accessible outlets with for charging electronics.

In the morning, we dashed out with a coffee in hand from the lobby Starbucks. We have been to the excellent hotel restaurant on a prior visit for its breakfast buffet but didnt get a chance this time around. The pinnacle of my experience was the assistance i received after checking out and returning home to Dallas. Turns out that upon getting back home to Dallas, i realied that i had left a very nice overcoat in the room closet. When i called to see if someone could locate the coat, it had already been brought to the attention of lost and found and was immediately set aside for me to pick up. I was asked if i wanted it sent to me but that was not necessary. While my weekend plans didnt incude a second trip to Fort Worth, retrieving my coat did allow me to say thanks again for a great experience.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking a moment to submit a review of your recent stay at the Omni Fort Worth Hotel. We are very pleased you rated your experience as "5 Star" and that you enjoyed your stay overall. We appreciate your feedback and do hope to see you again soon!
Denton, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Sometimes when you stay at a 4 star hotel these days I don't think you get all four stars but the Omni in Fort Worth is providing 4 star service and accommodations. The room was nicely appointed, clean, and the bathroom was large. The personal service and attention of the staff made me feel like I was staying at a small boutique hotel rather than a "take a number" megahotel. They really did a great job all around.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We are very pleased to hear you had such a wonderful stay and that our service and accommodations left such a lasting impression. We look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Been to Omni Fort Worth Hotel? Share your experiences!