“Really loved this property” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Omni Fort Worth Hotel

Save Saved
You added Omni Fort Worth Hotel to your Saves list
Omni Fort Worth Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1300 Houston Street, Fort Worth, TX 76102 (Downtown Fort Worth)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #7 of 100 hotels in Fort Worth
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Really loved this property”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This property had it all. A great gym, a few different restaurants, pool tables in the bar, a wine tasting room, Starbucks in the lobby, shuttle service to the little shopping district and more. The rooms were spacious and clean. Their rewards program offered a free gift daily and I chose free coffee delivered to my room at my time of choice. Free internet in the rooms but possibly that was only for rewards members. Breakfast buffet affordable for the kids ($9?) but normal (around $18) for adults but it was great - definitely above the normal fare. Directly across the street from the convention center and walking distance to many other restaurants. This was a treat !

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

1,169 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
dallas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Ratings tell the story

Called three times preparing for wife's birthday weekend get away. The pre planned items were not executed.

The spa was booked 10 days before our stay so we couldn't get a massage

Bar is nice - wine bar is nice - lobby is nice

Service and phone service especially was either rushed or amateur

Bummed - so far Onni "service" is just not great - maybe great for business or conventions.

Probably the last time

• Stayed February 2013
Haworth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

If you look hard enough you will always find some fault with any hotel but I defy anyone to find anything wrong with this one. We stayed here for three nights as my husband was attending a convention. From the moment we arrived we were looked after by such helpful staff, always with smiles on their faces. The room was superb, spacious, spotlessly clean (very important to me!). The bed was the most comfortable one I have ever slept in, including my own, with good, soft plump pillows - a must after a very long flight. A nice roomy bathroom with granite tops, lots of room for your bits and bobs and great mirrors for putting makeup on, doing hair, etc. Plenty of wardrobe space and drawers.
Only had the buffet breakfasts whilst we were there. Such a great choice - lots of cereals (English and American), great choice of fresh fruit, strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, freshly made waffles and maple syrup. Chef there to cook your eggs as you want - omelettes with a vast array of fillings, fried, etc. Great coffee, which I don't normally drink but had been told tea in America is awful so I never tried it. No lunch required after partaking of breakfast!!!
Used the hotel shuttle service, for which we gave the driver a tip, and went down to the Stockyard to see the long horn cattle which were well worth a visit.
The hotel isn't within walking distance of the main shopping area so you would need to use the shuttle service for this as well.
Overall I would recommend this hotel to anyone attending the conventions in this area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
DanielDelk, Manager at Omni Fort Worth Hotel, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you so much for taking a moment to share your feedback! We are delighted to hear you had such a wonderful stay at the Omni Fort Worth and found it to be such a flawless experience. We will ensure your kind words make it back to the entire staff and we definitely look forward welcoming you back very soon!
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Stayed here for 6 nights during a conference which was held at the hotel. Overall it was a great hotel, the rooms were clean, the restaurants and bar served good food and offered great service. It has a well equipped gymnasium which is open 24hrs. I made use of the shuttle service a couple of times and the driver always obliged. However, on the last night of my stay, all my belongings had been moved by housekeeping when the room was made up. Suitcase (lifted onto the bed and left open!), clothes, toiletries (even my toothbrush!) had been touched. I had left 2 spare room keys in the room which were no longer in the room after it was cleaned, which did concern me. I did report this matter to housekeeping, but they never followed up with me. It really left a sour taste, after what was in general great stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
We are very pleased to hear that overall you had a very enjoyable experience at the Omni Fort Worth. We are disappointed to hear of the housekeeping concerns that occurred during your last day and have passed this feedback along to our Director of Housekeeping for review but please feel free to reach out to me directly at ddelk@omnihotels.com if I can be of further assistance in this matter. Thank you for taking a moment to provide us with this review and we hope to see you again soon!
dljr60
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I have stayed at most of the hotels near the Ft. Worth Convention Center. The Omni has it all. Very clean and modern rooms, great service, and good eateries. Internet is very good and no charge (unlike the Hilton). There is a nice fire place in the lobby that is cozy during cold weather months. The Omni has 2 eateries - both are good. On Christmas day the Rye still served a limited menu but the food was good. Try the fish tacos! Very good hotel.

Room Tip: get a room away from elevator
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your feedback! We are delighted to hear your experience was so wonderful on so many levels and we definitely look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you back to Fort Worth.
Munich, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Nice hotel in Ft Worth right opposite to the convention center. Close to the highway which was important for me as I had to travel to the DFW airport as well as southbound to the company I was visiting. Lots of restaurants in walking distance and the hotel itself has a quite nice bar which also serves nice food. Rooms very clean and quite large.
Secure parking is $25 per night and no trouble with added miles but maybe the rental cars (Mustang and a GMC the second time) where not that exclusive.
Breakfast very nice, but I would recommend to wait for the buffet which I think starts at 8 am, before its served - prices are rather the same but the buffet offers more choices.
There is a spa and fitness room which I did not use as I did not have the time...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of the Omni Fort Worth Hotel. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay so much and your time in our city. We are glad you were able to sample so many of the dining options that we offer and found the rooms so clean and comfortable. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel when your travels bring you back to Fort Worth!
South of England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Located just across the road from the convention center this was ideal for me on this trip. Equally would be a good choice for those looking for lodgings when needing to stay in the Fort Worth downtown area. Colleagues who had booked at the Sheraton just over the way were disappointed.

I always find Omni a strange hotel brand. Nothing seems standardized. Some are old and tired and in need of a face lift but thankfully this Omni in Fort Worth was new and fresh.

Plenty of restaurant, bar choices within the hotel - plus a nice lobby Starbucks.

The hotel was busy throughout my stay with delegates from either meetings within the hotel or who were attending conventions or shows at the main convention center. Despite this, each and every member of hotel staff that I came into contact with always had a cheerful smile, a nice greeting and really seemed to deliver what was asked. Well done to the management and team for placing a personal mark on my stay.

Happy to recommend and would return to stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking a moment to submit a review of your recent stay at our property. We are very pleased you found the location to be so ideal and that the friendliness of our staff and food & beverage options were so impressive. We do take pride at Omni Hotels & Resorts not to fall into a "standardized" category of uniformity with our properties and hope the uniqueness of each hotel adds to the travel experience for our guests. However, we do work to ensure the level of service meets the same high standards at each and every property so we are certainly pleased to hear this was your experience at the Omni Fort Worth. Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Been to Omni Fort Worth Hotel? Share your experiences!