“Let down by housekeeping” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Omni Fort Worth Hotel

You added Omni Fort Worth Hotel to your Saves list
Omni Fort Worth Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1300 Houston Street, Fort Worth, TX 76102 (Downtown Fort Worth)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #6 of 101 Hotels in Fort Worth
Perth, Australia
“Let down by housekeeping”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Stayed here for 6 nights during a conference which was held at the hotel. Overall it was a great hotel, the rooms were clean, the restaurants and bar served good food and offered great service. It has a well equipped gymnasium which is open 24hrs. I made use of the shuttle service a couple of times and the driver always obliged. However, on the last night of my stay, all my belongings had been moved by housekeeping when the room was made up. Suitcase (lifted onto the bed and left open!), clothes, toiletries (even my toothbrush!) had been touched. I had left 2 spare room keys in the room which were no longer in the room after it was cleaned, which did concern me. I did report this matter to housekeeping, but they never followed up with me. It really left a sour taste, after what was in general great stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
DanielDelk, Manager at Omni Fort Worth Hotel, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
We are very pleased to hear that overall you had a very enjoyable experience at the Omni Fort Worth. We are disappointed to hear of the housekeeping concerns that occurred during your last day and have passed this feedback along to our Director of Housekeeping for review but please feel free to reach out to me directly at ddelk@omnihotels.com if I can be of further assistance in this matter. Thank you for taking a moment to provide us with this review and we hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
dljr60
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I have stayed at most of the hotels near the Ft. Worth Convention Center. The Omni has it all. Very clean and modern rooms, great service, and good eateries. Internet is very good and no charge (unlike the Hilton). There is a nice fire place in the lobby that is cozy during cold weather months. The Omni has 2 eateries - both are good. On Christmas day the Rye still served a limited menu but the food was good. Try the fish tacos! Very good hotel.

Room Tip: get a room away from elevator
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your feedback! We are delighted to hear your experience was so wonderful on so many levels and we definitely look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you back to Fort Worth.
Munich, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Nice hotel in Ft Worth right opposite to the convention center. Close to the highway which was important for me as I had to travel to the DFW airport as well as southbound to the company I was visiting. Lots of restaurants in walking distance and the hotel itself has a quite nice bar which also serves nice food. Rooms very clean and quite large.
Secure parking is $25 per night and no trouble with added miles but maybe the rental cars (Mustang and a GMC the second time) where not that exclusive.
Breakfast very nice, but I would recommend to wait for the buffet which I think starts at 8 am, before its served - prices are rather the same but the buffet offers more choices.
There is a spa and fitness room which I did not use as I did not have the time...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of the Omni Fort Worth Hotel. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay so much and your time in our city. We are glad you were able to sample so many of the dining options that we offer and found the rooms so clean and comfortable. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel when your travels bring you back to Fort Worth!
South of England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Located just across the road from the convention center this was ideal for me on this trip. Equally would be a good choice for those looking for lodgings when needing to stay in the Fort Worth downtown area. Colleagues who had booked at the Sheraton just over the way were disappointed.

I always find Omni a strange hotel brand. Nothing seems standardized. Some are old and tired and in need of a face lift but thankfully this Omni in Fort Worth was new and fresh.

Plenty of restaurant, bar choices within the hotel - plus a nice lobby Starbucks.

The hotel was busy throughout my stay with delegates from either meetings within the hotel or who were attending conventions or shows at the main convention center. Despite this, each and every member of hotel staff that I came into contact with always had a cheerful smile, a nice greeting and really seemed to deliver what was asked. Well done to the management and team for placing a personal mark on my stay.

Happy to recommend and would return to stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking a moment to submit a review of your recent stay at our property. We are very pleased you found the location to be so ideal and that the friendliness of our staff and food & beverage options were so impressive. We do take pride at Omni Hotels & Resorts not to fall into a "standardized" category of uniformity with our properties and hope the uniqueness of each hotel adds to the travel experience for our guests. However, we do work to ensure the level of service meets the same high standards at each and every property so we are certainly pleased to hear this was your experience at the Omni Fort Worth. Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Would definitely stay again! I stay in downtown Ft. Worth quite often, and I have tried out many hotels. My top two definitely come down to the Historic Hilton and the Omni. Both are situated right next to the convention center. I wish the Omni had been closer to Sundance Square; however, the in-house dining options were great. I will definitely consider this hotel in the future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking a moment to review your recent stay at the Omni Fort Worth Hotel and we are very happy to hear it was such a wonderful experience. And although our property is not located within Sundance Square we are certainly close at less than half a mile away. We hope to see you again very soon and once again, thank you for your feedback!
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

A long-standing fan of the Omni Hotels (25+ years), I must say ‘proceed with caution’ - at this location. As a business owner, it is common practice to log travel mileage, which was done upon arriving at the valet station (also verified by the car's internal travel log). When the S550 was retrieved the following morning, the car had gained mileage - six (6) miles to be exact. If parking was in a separate location which required driving a distance to/from the hotel, this would not be an issue. The valet manager mentioned the primary valet parking is located underneath the hotel, with the additional parking situated across the street...certainly not six miles to/from the valet station. Although seemingly one of the better hotel choices available in this area, proceed with caution. On a positive note, if you find yourself in the Ft. Worth area, and enjoy authentic Italian food, spoil yourself and head to Taverna....the highlight of our brief visit.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
DanielDelk, Manager at Omni Fort Worth Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for your review and for your loyalty to Omni Hotels & Resorts. We appreciate your concern and this type of issue is something we certainly take very seriously as well. We do have every movement of the vehicle tracked and accounted for and our Valet Manager has made attempts to contact you regarding this. Please feel free to reach out to him at the hotel to discuss this matter further. We do hope you had an enjoyable stay overall and hope to see you at our property again soon!
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

This hotel is so big and as my room was at the far end away from the lifts, I had to plan to leave about 10 minutes before I had to be downstairs...but then this is Texas!

The room was huge and nicely decorated. The bed was huge and comfortable and the shower was average sized and good.

Having a work station in the room was great and the chaise was good for watching tv. There is also a fridge and coffee maker.

Molly the Trolley stops out the front of the hotel and is a good way to see Fort Worth.

I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking time to post your positive feedback from your recent visit to our hotel. We're pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope that when your plans bring you back to Fort Worth, you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back!

Been to Omni Fort Worth Hotel? Share your experiences!