“Great stay in a lovely hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Omni Fort Worth Hotel

Save Saved
You added Omni Fort Worth Hotel to your Saves list
Omni Fort Worth Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1300 Houston Street, Fort Worth, TX 76102 (Downtown Fort Worth)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #6 of 99 Hotels in Fort Worth
London
“Great stay in a lovely hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Stayed for three nights during my recent trip to watch some football. No complaints at all. New hotel so all the facilities you would expect are their from room furniture to the variety of food in the restaurants. The difference is the welcome you will receive from all the staff - from chambermaids to bar staff to receptionists and bell hops. All are excellent. Would definately stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
DanielDelk, Manager at Omni Fort Worth Hotel, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review and leave a few positive remarks about the service of our staff. We look forward to your return trip!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We stayed at the Omni Fort Worth during the Thanksgiving holiday. While the Hotel was busy, it never felt too crowded and the service was never lacking.
We enjoyed a lovely Thanksgiving brunch which exceeded our expectations. From the waffle bar, omelet station, carving station, to the awesome seafood station the food was delicious. We also enjoyed a brunch on Sunday, the day of our departure, and it was also wonderful. You know it is good when the locals come around - and they were everywhere!
Accommodations were nice too. Standard room offered plenty of space for my husband and I for the 5 days we were there. Bed was comfy and the room was sparkling clean...what more could you ask for?
Location was excellent - Houston street has plenty to offer and all within walking distance.
I highly recomment this hotel when staying in Fort Worth!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review. We are glad you had the chance to experience our Thanksgiving brunch and that your stay overall exceeded your expectations. Hope to see you again very soon!
Richardson, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

This is a great property. The sleeping rooms are good size and have all the amenities. The restaurants are all very good (food and customer service). My phone would work in the lobby and in the meeting space but when I would go up to my sleeping room, I could not get a signal.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
We're so glad you enjoyed the room and amenities and decided to submit a review. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Fort Worth.
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stay here every year in December...on the evening of our company Christmas party. Room is lovely and very comfortable. Whiskey & Rye hosted our pre-party festivities. Drinks were fantastic and service was superb.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Glad you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay at the Omni Fort Worth...we hope to see you again soon.
wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

No complaints this was a good choice, walking distance from bars and restaurants, we ate breakfast else where but we were told that breakfast was good. Clean and lovely large rooms
, huge bed and very comfortable, walk in shower.

Room Tip: Ask for a bath if you want one as most come with showers, also get a high floor as the views are tre...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
We appreciate your review and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Carmarthen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Went to Texas to see the DALLAS COWBOYS play, we chose this hotel as it is in Fort Worth and is a city located hotel which enables you to walk into the city for breakfast or Dinner and to the local bars. Lovely, clean large rooms with nice big bathrooms (ask if you require a bath) large walk in showers, very friendly. No complaints at all. Did not take breakfast at the hotel as it was quite expensive 17 dollas per person (we were told it was excellent) so we ate out such lovely little places such as Olivers and The home Baking Co all within a 5 minute walk, you wont be dissapointed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review...we're glad you had no complaints at all and hope you choose us again on your next trip to Fort Worth.
Berkeley Springs, West Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Well, I read up before I went and was ready for a "WOW!"
I didn't get it.

Yes, it's largest and apparently? newest hotel in Fort Worth. Yes, if you've never stayed in nice hotels, it'll easily seem like something much better than a Holiday Inn Express. Yes, the morning beverage service at the door is nice if you're a Select Guest member(join online before you go for extra perks). And yes, I do have to give credit to the valets out front, room service staff and MOST of the Front Desk Staff, especially Joshua, who was extremely pleasant, courteous and helpful. That's about it.

The guy who checked me in asked for a form of credit(thought it was weird since my charges were going to the group) and didn't get my roomtype correct. I was put in a very small room with two double beds rather than a king. I called to the Front Desk immediately upon arriving to the room and was told there was nothing they could do but I could wait to see if there were any cancellations that would open up another room. I was dreaming of the king room with a separate tub and shower as the reviews had mentioned. Boy was I shocked(SHOCK #1).

The day went on and into night and nothing. No call to let me know yes or no. All while my bags were still packed waiting to switch to a king-bedded room. Finally, I went down to check and the Concierge assisted me. She could see a note on my room saying there was nothing available. So I went up and unpacked for the night.

The next morning, I was up on my laptop and happened to going into online banking where I was shocked yet again(SHOCK #2)! The desk clerk the night before had put a $1100 hold on my debit card. I know better than to give my debit card but I was tired from traveling when I arrived and since my charges were going to the group, I thought it was nothing big other than just something to ESTABLISH credit which is normally the case in hotels.

I went down to have breakfast with another person in my party and then stopped by the Front Desk to get the charge reversed, setup correct payment to the group I was with and to check on a king room. All of this took 20 minutes, but in the end did get accomplished as long as I called MY bank and had them fax over a form so the hotel could reverse the charge on my debit card(SHOCK #3). The manager said otherwise it could take up to 5 business days. I said I would do it but I wasn't happy about being inconvenienced for something that was the hotel's doing. I didn't do this right away, but MAGICALLY the charge was reversed later that day by the hotel with no further action on my part.

Over the course of the week I was there, I ate room service several times. It was typcially OK, nothing special until I had the green chili mac & cheese from the Whiskey & Rye menu. It was FABULOUS!

I also ate at Cast Iron several times for breakfast and once for dinner. I always did the breakfast buffet which was plentiful and a great variety. There's also an omelette station for omelettes or fried eggs. The berries and fruit were outstanding. The coffee was too dark of a roast so I ended up having tea. Bacon good, sausage links not so good(should have been good but were always overcooked on one end to the point of being dry).
Dinner ... I should have gone elsewhere or done without at Cast Iron and just got something off of room service again. How do you run out of 1000 Island dressing????? Isn't there a Chef? ketchup, mayonnaise, pickle relish ...

So back to that king room I was all crazy about getting. The one I ended up in was spacious, had a walk-in shower, but had no tub. I almost never take a bath in a hotel, mainly because I didn't want to bathe where thousands have stood. But hearing of the nice separate tub in the reviews before going, I had planned on it and was looking forward to it. Boo hiss ... no tub in my room.

One complaint I have about both rooms is that the "desk" and chairs are not the correct height or setup to actually do work. The "desk" was more of a table and always seemed a few inches too high. The chair was not ergonomic and didn't have wheels and couldn't be adjusted for height ... it was just a somewhat bulky chair that was annoying to have to move to get in and out. All of the electronic charging bits and bobs were there but the table and chair were pretty unworkable and actually painful. Lighting throughout the room and bathroom was terrible.

I didn't get replenished shampoo, soap, etc and had to get it from the maid every other day. I guess that's not such a big deal except that for the money being paid for the room ......... oh well.

The beds were extremely comfortable! Slept SOUNDLY once I was in a king bedded room. Great sheets, soft furnishings, plenty of pillows, etc.

The floors in the room were absolutely FILTHY! I walked around one day in bare feet and by the end of the day, my feet were black(SHOCK #4)! I wish I had taken a picture! Luckily, it all washed off in the shower. No vacuuming or deep clean had been done in this room for quite awhile(the 2 double bedded room was the same).

The business center requires you pay with a credit card to use the computer ... something like $6.95 for 15 minutes(SHOCK #5). I needed something printed and scanned to a PDF. I ended using the copier for scan to email for $1 per page but it came as a TIFF so I had to call customer service for the company providing the scan to get them to convert it for me.

One other note, the lobby has a strong scent in it that almost smells like men's cologne. It's WAY TOO STRONG and gave me a headache every time I was down there.

I should have arrived, had my room being billed to the group, got a king bedded room that had a tub and CLEAN floors and all would have been well. This would have been a very different review.

I left the Omni Fort Worth feeling the hotel was riding the coat tails of having BEEN a premier hotel at the top of the game in Fort Worth. I could see where it had the bones to be one again, but it needs some real attention to cleaning and there were too many missteps during my stay.

Room Tip: get a king room with separate tub and shower and make sure to join the Select Guest program online...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
OmniHotelsManager, Manager at Omni Fort Worth Hotel, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. Our goal is to 'wow' every guest and we're very sorry we seemed to miss the mark in a few areas during your stay. Your feedback regarding the shocks you encountered at various points has been forwarded to all the appropriate departments and we'll use them for any potential training opportunities. We are glad to hear that there were some highlights achieved during your stay, specifically the Whiskey & Rye dining experience. We do hope to have the opportunity to wow you on your next trip to Fort Worth.

Been to Omni Fort Worth Hotel? Share your experiences!