“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Omni Fort Worth Hotel

You added Omni Fort Worth Hotel to your Saves list
Omni Fort Worth Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1300 Houston Street, Fort Worth, TX 76102 (Downtown Fort Worth)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #6 of 101 Hotels in Fort Worth
wales
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

No complaints this was a good choice, walking distance from bars and restaurants, we ate breakfast else where but we were told that breakfast was good. Clean and lovely large rooms
, huge bed and very comfortable, walk in shower.

Room Tip: Ask for a bath if you want one as most come with showers, also get a high floor as the views are tre...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
DanielDelk, Manager at Omni Fort Worth Hotel, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
We appreciate your review and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Carmarthen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Went to Texas to see the DALLAS COWBOYS play, we chose this hotel as it is in Fort Worth and is a city located hotel which enables you to walk into the city for breakfast or Dinner and to the local bars. Lovely, clean large rooms with nice big bathrooms (ask if you require a bath) large walk in showers, very friendly. No complaints at all. Did not take breakfast at the hotel as it was quite expensive 17 dollas per person (we were told it was excellent) so we ate out such lovely little places such as Olivers and The home Baking Co all within a 5 minute walk, you wont be dissapointed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review...we're glad you had no complaints at all and hope you choose us again on your next trip to Fort Worth.
Berkeley Springs, West Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Well, I read up before I went and was ready for a "WOW!"
I didn't get it.

Yes, it's largest and apparently? newest hotel in Fort Worth. Yes, if you've never stayed in nice hotels, it'll easily seem like something much better than a Holiday Inn Express. Yes, the morning beverage service at the door is nice if you're a Select Guest member(join online before you go for extra perks). And yes, I do have to give credit to the valets out front, room service staff and MOST of the Front Desk Staff, especially Joshua, who was extremely pleasant, courteous and helpful. That's about it.

The guy who checked me in asked for a form of credit(thought it was weird since my charges were going to the group) and didn't get my roomtype correct. I was put in a very small room with two double beds rather than a king. I called to the Front Desk immediately upon arriving to the room and was told there was nothing they could do but I could wait to see if there were any cancellations that would open up another room. I was dreaming of the king room with a separate tub and shower as the reviews had mentioned. Boy was I shocked(SHOCK #1).

The day went on and into night and nothing. No call to let me know yes or no. All while my bags were still packed waiting to switch to a king-bedded room. Finally, I went down to check and the Concierge assisted me. She could see a note on my room saying there was nothing available. So I went up and unpacked for the night.

The next morning, I was up on my laptop and happened to going into online banking where I was shocked yet again(SHOCK #2)! The desk clerk the night before had put a $1100 hold on my debit card. I know better than to give my debit card but I was tired from traveling when I arrived and since my charges were going to the group, I thought it was nothing big other than just something to ESTABLISH credit which is normally the case in hotels.

I went down to have breakfast with another person in my party and then stopped by the Front Desk to get the charge reversed, setup correct payment to the group I was with and to check on a king room. All of this took 20 minutes, but in the end did get accomplished as long as I called MY bank and had them fax over a form so the hotel could reverse the charge on my debit card(SHOCK #3). The manager said otherwise it could take up to 5 business days. I said I would do it but I wasn't happy about being inconvenienced for something that was the hotel's doing. I didn't do this right away, but MAGICALLY the charge was reversed later that day by the hotel with no further action on my part.

Over the course of the week I was there, I ate room service several times. It was typcially OK, nothing special until I had the green chili mac & cheese from the Whiskey & Rye menu. It was FABULOUS!

I also ate at Cast Iron several times for breakfast and once for dinner. I always did the breakfast buffet which was plentiful and a great variety. There's also an omelette station for omelettes or fried eggs. The berries and fruit were outstanding. The coffee was too dark of a roast so I ended up having tea. Bacon good, sausage links not so good(should have been good but were always overcooked on one end to the point of being dry).
Dinner ... I should have gone elsewhere or done without at Cast Iron and just got something off of room service again. How do you run out of 1000 Island dressing????? Isn't there a Chef? ketchup, mayonnaise, pickle relish ...

So back to that king room I was all crazy about getting. The one I ended up in was spacious, had a walk-in shower, but had no tub. I almost never take a bath in a hotel, mainly because I didn't want to bathe where thousands have stood. But hearing of the nice separate tub in the reviews before going, I had planned on it and was looking forward to it. Boo hiss ... no tub in my room.

One complaint I have about both rooms is that the "desk" and chairs are not the correct height or setup to actually do work. The "desk" was more of a table and always seemed a few inches too high. The chair was not ergonomic and didn't have wheels and couldn't be adjusted for height ... it was just a somewhat bulky chair that was annoying to have to move to get in and out. All of the electronic charging bits and bobs were there but the table and chair were pretty unworkable and actually painful. Lighting throughout the room and bathroom was terrible.

I didn't get replenished shampoo, soap, etc and had to get it from the maid every other day. I guess that's not such a big deal except that for the money being paid for the room ......... oh well.

The beds were extremely comfortable! Slept SOUNDLY once I was in a king bedded room. Great sheets, soft furnishings, plenty of pillows, etc.

The floors in the room were absolutely FILTHY! I walked around one day in bare feet and by the end of the day, my feet were black(SHOCK #4)! I wish I had taken a picture! Luckily, it all washed off in the shower. No vacuuming or deep clean had been done in this room for quite awhile(the 2 double bedded room was the same).

The business center requires you pay with a credit card to use the computer ... something like $6.95 for 15 minutes(SHOCK #5). I needed something printed and scanned to a PDF. I ended using the copier for scan to email for $1 per page but it came as a TIFF so I had to call customer service for the company providing the scan to get them to convert it for me.

One other note, the lobby has a strong scent in it that almost smells like men's cologne. It's WAY TOO STRONG and gave me a headache every time I was down there.

I should have arrived, had my room being billed to the group, got a king bedded room that had a tub and CLEAN floors and all would have been well. This would have been a very different review.

I left the Omni Fort Worth feeling the hotel was riding the coat tails of having BEEN a premier hotel at the top of the game in Fort Worth. I could see where it had the bones to be one again, but it needs some real attention to cleaning and there were too many missteps during my stay.

Room Tip: get a king room with separate tub and shower and make sure to join the Select Guest program online...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
OmniHotelsManager, Manager at Omni Fort Worth Hotel, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. Our goal is to 'wow' every guest and we're very sorry we seemed to miss the mark in a few areas during your stay. Your feedback regarding the shocks you encountered at various points has been forwarded to all the appropriate departments and we'll use them for any potential training opportunities. We are glad to hear that there were some highlights achieved during your stay, specifically the Whiskey & Rye dining experience. We do hope to have the opportunity to wow you on your next trip to Fort Worth.
dallas, tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I was incredibly impressed with this hotel. Although it was quite busy, I never felt like I had to wait for anything- from service at the front desk to the valet. The room was wonderful, well appointed and clean. I could not think of a single thing to complain about.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We strive to impress all of our guests and are very glad we were able to do so during your stay. We hope to see you again very soon!
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Our first time ever to stay at an Omni Hotel. Was extremely disappointed. Way over priced, and simply not worth it....TINY, TINY room, hard bed, bad water pressure in the shower, poor iron..could hear traffic below, train horns blowing, people in the next room coughing..doors slamming, people talking in the hallway early on a Saturday morning.. Only reason I'm giving it 2 stars and not 1 star is, the folks that work there, were nice...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Fort Worth, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

My husband and I stayed overnight here for his late birthday and our friends met us for drinks in the bar. The Whiskey and Rye used to serve my friend's fave rum, Flor di Cana, but no longer. Our server, Kelsey, tracked down the ONLY bottle in the entire hotel and arranged for a manager to get it so we could enjoy it with our friends.

From check-in to check-out, service was top notch. Bellmen were attentive, front desk staff well-spoken and efficient and the bar service was timely - even though the place was packed.

Would definitely consider this hotel again - comfy beds, huge bathroom and a wine fridge in our room. Bathrobes and fluffy towels - nice bathroom amenities too.

Valet parking is about $25/night which is just the going rate. We parked in the adjacent garage, for $15. Not a bad walk, even with one rolling suitcase.

Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed at the Omni for 2 weeks on business having previously only used the Worthington. Overall, I was pleasantly surprised. Very clean facilities. Fabulous Spa. Good food. Location better than I thought. Easy walking access everywhere and Molly the Trolley right outside. Only improvement I would suggest is to give some lessons to the front desk staff on how to be charming! They barely crack a smile when approached which isn't in keeping with staff in other areas of the hotel.

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Omni Fort Worth Hotel? Share your experiences!