“Classy place with a great bar!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Omni Fort Worth Hotel

You added Omni Fort Worth Hotel to your Saves list
Omni Fort Worth Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1300 Houston Street, Fort Worth, TX 76102 (Downtown Fort Worth)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #5 of 104 Hotels in Fort Worth
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Fort Worth, TX
“Classy place with a great bar!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

My husband and I stayed overnight here for his late birthday and our friends met us for drinks in the bar. The Whiskey and Rye used to serve my friend's fave rum, Flor di Cana, but no longer. Our server, Kelsey, tracked down the ONLY bottle in the entire hotel and arranged for a manager to get it so we could enjoy it with our friends.

From check-in to check-out, service was top notch. Bellmen were attentive, front desk staff well-spoken and efficient and the bar service was timely - even though the place was packed.

Would definitely consider this hotel again - comfy beds, huge bathroom and a wine fridge in our room. Bathrobes and fluffy towels - nice bathroom amenities too.

Valet parking is about $25/night which is just the going rate. We parked in the adjacent garage, for $15. Not a bad walk, even with one rolling suitcase.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the Omni for 2 weeks on business having previously only used the Worthington. Overall, I was pleasantly surprised. Very clean facilities. Fabulous Spa. Good food. Location better than I thought. Easy walking access everywhere and Molly the Trolley right outside. Only improvement I would suggest is to give some lessons to the front desk staff on how to be charming! They barely crack a smile when approached which isn't in keeping with staff in other areas of the hotel.

• Stayed November 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This was our third stay at the Omni. Although our first stay had a few problems, subsequent stays were great. The hotel and guest rooms are upscale, beautifully decorated and well maintained. In general the hotel staff was very courteous and helpful especially reception. A few issues though. While we enjoyed the food and service at the Cast Iron Restaurant, the hostess seemed bewildered. Also, I had asked to have my shoes shined and delivered to my room the next morning. Instead of leaving them oustide, the valet woke us up by attempting to open our door while we were asleep! Crazy and annoying!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hayden Lake, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This Omni is right across the street from the Convention Center, so it is great for meetings. It is also just a few block from great restaurants and activities in downtown Ft. Worth which has a very charming city center. Right across the street is the Water Garden, which allows you to feel like you have totally escaped the city.
Staff are very helpful even when stressed out with what seemed like 1000 older, confused convention attendees. Valet parking is $25 but you can choose the city garage a few blocks away for $15 instead.
The AC/Heating system at this hotel was the best I've encountered in a long time. The fan was almost inaudible so it didn't disturb your sleep.

Room Tip: Request a room that doesn't look out at the parking lot.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

It is a large convention hotel. The weekend we were there it was busy.
Staff very nice and helpful.
Regular room is a bit small.
Everything was very clean and well taken care of.
Room service burger was very good.
Bob's Steakhouse in the lobby was very good.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

When I arrived at the hotel I went to the online check-in board to obtain my keys. The keys were not on the board. I proceeded to the front desk where I was assisted by a "STACIE". Stacie seemed very confused; I asked her if you were able to accommodate my room selection to where I received no response. She said she was trying to correct a problem in the system where they only showed breakfast for one rather than two. She finally gave up trying to fix that.
I proceeded to tell her that I had flowers being delivered around 2:30 pm for my fiancée because it was her birthday. I would not be around so I requested that when they arrived if she could have them delivered to the room. She said she could not. I asked why that was and she said because the flowers were not here. I looked at her in disbelief for a moment and then repeated to her that I was aware the flowers were not here but that I would like them placed in the room when they arrive at 2:30pm. She then told me she would have the concierge take them to the room. She then handed me my keys. I asked her for the second time if they were able to accommodate my room request. This time I did receive the answer that yes they were able to accommodate. At this point in time I have little to no faith in "STACIE" and I make it a point to remind her that she still needs to correct the breakfast issue and once again about the flowers. She assures me that both items would be taken care of.
Despite "STACIE'S" assurances, I felt it necessary to call the concierge later that day to make sure the flowers were indeed taken to the room. They were. The next morning my fiancée and I proceeded to breakfast in the Cast Iron Restaurant per our room arrangement. Breakfast was wonderful and I signed it to the room per the Omni's instruction. When I received my bill on Sunday I saw where I had been charged for 1 breakfast buffet because "STACIE" had failed to fix the breakfast issue like she had promised and therefore I was going to have the same problem with Sunday's breakfast. I called down to the front desk and spoke with a "Mindy" who happened to be there the day I checked in and observed my problem with Stacie. Mindy informed me that she did remember the incident with Stacie upon my arrival and that she was very sorry that Stacie had failed to rectify the situation. Mindy asked me to come to the front desk and retrieve two breakfast vouchers. I told her we had planned on having breakfast delivered to the room because we didn't want to leave the room, so therefore, could she have the vouchers brought up to the room. Mindy delivered the vouchers herself where she once again apologized for the inconvenience. I told Mindy that it was quite apparent to me that Stacie needed further training or perhaps have her employment reviewed if appropriate training had already been received. Mindy agreed. It is quite obvious that Stacie is not up to the standards of the OMNI that I would expect to find.
So my stay started and ended on a bad note but everything in the middle was exceptional. If I had not experienced the "Stacie" effect our stay would have been perfect. Unfortunately the billing issue which I'm still not sure has been resolved, left a sour taste in my mouth that affected my overall feeling of our stay.

Room Tip: Request a corner room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This was a lovely hotel! On-site restaurants were very good and service was lovely. We brought our 4-year old, whose favorite part was exploring the enormous 2nd floor (mainly ballrooms) and eating a Starbucks breakfast in front of the awesome fire place. My husband and I look forward to returning on our own and enjoying the ambiance in the beautiful bar area with a glass of wine! Only complaint was the loud hallway noise late at night, as folks returned from restaurants, bars, etc.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Omni Fort Worth Hotel? Share your experiences!