“Great Service in off hours” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #30 of 100 hotels in Fort Worth
Austin, Texas
“Great Service in off hours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I had an enjoyable stay at the hotel, arriving late on April 17th to catch an early flight from DFW the following morning at 5:45am. The onsite manager at 4am, Todd, went out of his way to save us the hassle of parking at the airport, which we were planning to do. Todd gave us more than enough information and provided service that many onsite in early or late hours at other hotels could easily have done. But not Todd. I don't often leave feedback or write reviews, but feel it is warranted in this instance. While the facilities are typical of an airport hotel, the service shines.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

86 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

This is my second review after a second stay. With the first stay 15 months earlier, I was quite pleased and gave four stars. I am reviewing again and revising to three stars for two reasons:

1) The accommodations have declined in quality. I think I had originally stayed after a renovation when everything was new. It appears the rooms have declined with use. I would say it is still clean, reasonably well maintained, but it certainly looks like a mid-tier well worn facility now.

2) The airport shuttle is terrible. I called upon landing and was told it would be a 10 minute wait. It took 45 minutes for the shuttle to come. We then drove around for another 15 minutes picking up more passengers. An hour and twenty minutes after the original call was placed we arrived at the hotel with a van full of people leading to a long check in line. Yes it was free, but it wasn't worth it.

Overall it is now an average facility, was an average stay, and I am unlikely to stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites DFW South, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Dear jb1234567,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectation. Our goal is to provide clean and comfortable stay to all of our valued guest and make their stay a memorable one. Rest assured that the issues you have raised about the airport shuttle and the room accommodations have been documented and appropriate actions will be taken. Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Janice A
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Since this is an airport hotel, which suggests overnight stays, it's really not intended to wow you. But as an airport hotel, it's fine, not great, but good enough.

It does have a reliable shuttle, a decent fitness room open until 10pm, a small patio with tables if you want some fresh air, and fast food (Wendy's, McDonalds, Jack in the Box, Jersey Mike's, an Asian place, and a hamburger joint within walking distance.) Just about three miles down highway 360, driving distance, is Six Flags amusement park, plenty of sports bars and restaurants.

This hotel is typically booked with pilots in town for flight training, hence the frequent shuttle which does make a couple extra stops.

In the lobby you'll find free wifi, two computers, clean bathrooms, couches and chairs, a small cubbard with some snacks and necessities.

Room Tip: Some rooms have windows that open.
Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites DFW South, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Jamie-SoloTraveler,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. My apologies we did not exceed your expectations with the service and facilities you received. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We all hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Once again many thanks for your feedback and have a wonderful day!

Karen C
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

This was my second visit to a Candlewood Suites in Dallas.
I was impressed by the entrance and the check in was effortless.
The room was a good size and had great facilities too.
Unfortunately I found the room to be quite dirty - there were hairs on the bathroom floor, and the carpet in the bedroom looked filthy and had what looked like chewing gum stuck to it in places.
The room also had an unpleasant aroma.
In terms of nearby places to eat, there are a couple of restaurant within walking distance, a 7Eleven and Shell store.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites DFW South, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Dear James B,

However, We’re sorry you received poor service from housekeeping. We will address this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Riverdale, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Early Check in was facilitated after a short wait. The staff was great about it too.

The room was all I needed. Full Kitchen, comfy bed an free internet. The Wifi was a bit spotty on my wireless devices, I guess it was just me. I figure the Ethernet would have worked fine.

Needed some essentials in the AM, the cupboard (small store in the lobby) solved those needs, at a marked-up cost of course! :)

A bit of a pointer, I needed to call the shuttle when I got curbside at the airport, as it didn't circle like I'd usually find at MIA. took about 10 minutes, and another 5-10 minutes to get to the hotel.

Its also near to food, so that helped. I would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel with our 3 dogs. They were wonderful!!!!! They are not only people friendly but they are pet friendly too! The staff and service were amazing! Everyone was so very accommodating and they even allow us to pick out which room and floor we wanted to stay in. The rooms are large and spacious. They even have a wonderful area for the dogs to use the bathroom. There are a number of excellent restaurants and entertainment all at an extremely reasonable price. I would recommend this hotel to all friends and family!

Room Tip: Corner 1st floor suites are the largest and most accessable if traveling with pets.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

The whole staff here is extremely friendly, especially Pricilla and Aisha. I fly in and out of here all the time making the Candlewood suites my regular hotel to stay in for business because of the low rates and clean rooms. The rooms are always in tip top shape without any mold around the shower seals. The maintenance team and housecleaning do a very thorough job on the rooms, especially for being a extended stay hotel. My only gripe is this night worker named Todd who always has to be some jerk. I understand that you are over 40 years old and most likely single, but you don't have to make other people's lives' miserable, if you hate your own! I hate flying in here late night if I have to deal with him, but I love flying in during the day or evening if I can deal with the other staff. All the other workers go out of their way to make my stay feel as welcoming as possible. While Todd thinks he is doing me a favor checking me into my room and arranging a shuttle. Guess what buddy, I'm the one paying for your paycheck so show some gratitude.....not some baditude! Amazing that it only takes one bad apple to leave a sour taste in your mouth. I would be leaving a 5 star rating if it wasn't for such negative experiences(yes plural) with Todd.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites DFW South, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear AliceFrancis,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. I am deeply sorry for the unacceptable service you have received from our staff. I assure you that this is not the norm you should expect from our hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Janice A
IHGCare

Been to Candlewood Suites DFW South? Share your experiences!