“Nice, Clean hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 100 hotels in Fort Worth
Atlanta, Georgia
“Nice, Clean hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We took the courtesy van to and from the airport. The hotel staff was very nice. The price was excellent. Our room was very clean. The shower head was out of control and got most of the bathroom wet. That is the only reason why I didn't give the hotel an "Excellent". We did inform the staff and hopefully they fixed the problem. We won a free breakfast buffet coupon on the spin to win (Priority Club members). The buffet was next door at the Holiday Inn. It was good. For the price, we would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

93 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Everyone from the counter staff to the courtesy van shuttle drivers were helpful and kind. It was a very nice stay in a clean and well priced hotel. We were there for a couple's retreat and not disappointed by the privacy.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

Checked into this hotel for one night while traveling cross country, it did the job but I wasn't really impressed by anything. We switched rooms from a one bed to two which still really was only one bed and a pullout. The location was fairly easy to get to but that's about the only good thing about the hotel, average bed, average service, average everything. I didn't like the airplanes flying overhead all night but I knew that was going to happen beforehand

• Stayed August 2012
Euless, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

I was only scheduled to stay at this hotel for about a month as a job transfer and waiting for my apartment to be ready. It ended up 66 days! This property is decent for the price. I have read the reviews and find most of the negative to be unwarranted. The employees all were nothing but nice to me during my entire stay and Destinee (not sure if I spelled it correct) always remembered my name and assisted me and others with my company with incredible service.
The rooms are complete....comfortable bed, full fridge, stove, microwave oven....ok, so you don’t get maid service every day, but this is the concept of extended stay hotels. When I would run out of towels, I would just trade them in at front desk...it is not a hard task.
Around the hotel you have many amenities, including bars, restaurants and some shopping. If you want to drink, try Trinity Tavern, plus it is smoke free.
HINT: Always ask for the 4th floor, because the construction company who built this hotel needs to be put out of business. You can hear everything upstairs. The building workmanship does not appear to be very "strong". The walls are thin, I was on phone one night around 11pm and the person in other room did not appreciate it.....I got the wall bang! Another con is the internet. Wireless sucks and I have heard rumblings from staff it is due to too many pilots who stay there down "movies" etc. and clog up system.. I used Ethernet cable and it was ok, but mainly I used my own.
This hotel has several minor issues, but overall for the price and excellent service, it was a nice experience and it was my home for two months.

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Littleton, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I am in the Catastrophe Insurance field and spend an average of 9 months a year in extended stay hotels, I've seen all kinds. My initial expectaions were not set high as I have been let down many a time, I arrived and the check in process was so relaxing and pleasant I immediately felt as though I belonged. I owe this exceptional experience to an absolute asset to this company, Destiny. I walked up to the check in desk and was immediately greeted by one of the largest and most sincere smiles I've ever seen. She gave me an instant feeling that this industry is her calling, with the weeks to come each interaction left me feeling appreciated and welcomed. I soon found myself entering the hotel through the lobby just for that quick pick-me-up of recognition. Each member of the staff I have interacted with has exuded a service level which rivals most resorts. Tiffany certainally deserved special acknowledgement for warmth and care. I feel safe, I don't give a second thought about my truck and tools as there is a crack security guard who is very dedicated, I regretfully do not know his name, but I would like to thank him for the safekeeping. Lots of eateries within walking distance, close to the airport and great highway access.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
South Dakota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

We went on a three day trip and opted to park our vehicle at Candlewood and take the shuttle that they send from Holiday Inn (their sister property) to the airport. Everything was fine on our trip to the airport. When we returned, the issues started. The number for both Candlewood and Holiday Inn were not working. We spent 45 minutes calling Holiday Inn and Candlewood 1-800 numbers to try to get in touch with either hotel so the shuttle could pick us up. Neither place had any other numbers listed.

We ended up taking a taxi to the hotel to get our vehicle ($26). The money we saved parking there, we spent in cab fare. Not what you want to do after a long flight. NEVER, EVER AGAIN!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites DFW South, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Dear milspo,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at Candlewood Suites DFW South. Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience the unusual situation regarding our shuttle services caused you. Your feedback will be taken into consideration in our efforts to provide the best service experience possible.

Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope that you will consider us again on your next travel.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

I've been staying here during the week for the past year and a half. It's comfortable and clean, and the full fridge, stove, microwave, and dishwasher are very appreciated conveniences when I'm tired of restaurant and fast food. Beds are comfortable, and the rooms have the other amenities you would expect (irons/ironing boards, etc.).

The staff are friendly, and Todd in particular has gone above and beyond to resolve the occasional issue that has come up.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Candlewood Suites DFW South? Share your experiences!