“66 days” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 99 Hotels in Fort Worth
Euless, Texas
“66 days”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

I was only scheduled to stay at this hotel for about a month as a job transfer and waiting for my apartment to be ready. It ended up 66 days! This property is decent for the price. I have read the reviews and find most of the negative to be unwarranted. The employees all were nothing but nice to me during my entire stay and Destinee (not sure if I spelled it correct) always remembered my name and assisted me and others with my company with incredible service.
The rooms are complete....comfortable bed, full fridge, stove, microwave oven....ok, so you don’t get maid service every day, but this is the concept of extended stay hotels. When I would run out of towels, I would just trade them in at front desk...it is not a hard task.
Around the hotel you have many amenities, including bars, restaurants and some shopping. If you want to drink, try Trinity Tavern, plus it is smoke free.
HINT: Always ask for the 4th floor, because the construction company who built this hotel needs to be put out of business. You can hear everything upstairs. The building workmanship does not appear to be very "strong". The walls are thin, I was on phone one night around 11pm and the person in other room did not appreciate it.....I got the wall bang! Another con is the internet. Wireless sucks and I have heard rumblings from staff it is due to too many pilots who stay there down "movies" etc. and clog up system.. I used Ethernet cable and it was ok, but mainly I used my own.
This hotel has several minor issues, but overall for the price and excellent service, it was a nice experience and it was my home for two months.

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Littleton, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

I am in the Catastrophe Insurance field and spend an average of 9 months a year in extended stay hotels, I've seen all kinds. My initial expectaions were not set high as I have been let down many a time, I arrived and the check in process was so relaxing and pleasant I immediately felt as though I belonged. I owe this exceptional experience to an absolute asset to this company, Destiny. I walked up to the check in desk and was immediately greeted by one of the largest and most sincere smiles I've ever seen. She gave me an instant feeling that this industry is her calling, with the weeks to come each interaction left me feeling appreciated and welcomed. I soon found myself entering the hotel through the lobby just for that quick pick-me-up of recognition. Each member of the staff I have interacted with has exuded a service level which rivals most resorts. Tiffany certainally deserved special acknowledgement for warmth and care. I feel safe, I don't give a second thought about my truck and tools as there is a crack security guard who is very dedicated, I regretfully do not know his name, but I would like to thank him for the safekeeping. Lots of eateries within walking distance, close to the airport and great highway access.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

We went on a three day trip and opted to park our vehicle at Candlewood and take the shuttle that they send from Holiday Inn (their sister property) to the airport. Everything was fine on our trip to the airport. When we returned, the issues started. The number for both Candlewood and Holiday Inn were not working. We spent 45 minutes calling Holiday Inn and Candlewood 1-800 numbers to try to get in touch with either hotel so the shuttle could pick us up. Neither place had any other numbers listed.

We ended up taking a taxi to the hotel to get our vehicle ($26). The money we saved parking there, we spent in cab fare. Not what you want to do after a long flight. NEVER, EVER AGAIN!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites DFW South, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Dear milspo,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at Candlewood Suites DFW South. Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience the unusual situation regarding our shuttle services caused you. Your feedback will be taken into consideration in our efforts to provide the best service experience possible.

Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope that you will consider us again on your next travel.

Joel B
Case Manager
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

I've been staying here during the week for the past year and a half. It's comfortable and clean, and the full fridge, stove, microwave, and dishwasher are very appreciated conveniences when I'm tired of restaurant and fast food. Beds are comfortable, and the rooms have the other amenities you would expect (irons/ironing boards, etc.).

The staff are friendly, and Todd in particular has gone above and beyond to resolve the occasional issue that has come up.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Seymour, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

I am currently spending a week on business travel at this hotel, and I don't like it much. The good things first: the hotel new, my queen suite is a good size, everything works and is clean, I have a nice kitchenette and the bed is comfortable.

However, the concept of Candlewood seems to be that they have ZERO service. You don't get your room cleaned daily, only once a week. If you need new towels, you have to go get them yourself. You have to take your own trash out, if you don't want to smell your sandwich wrappers for a week. And your bed wont be made either. You can go bring our dirty sheets down to reception and get fresh ones, but would you? And there is no breakfast either.

The no frills concept might work with airlines, but I am not so sure about hotels. Especially since its not that much cheaper. For only 20 bucks more a night, I could have gotten a room at the Holiday Inn thats across the street, and there I would have had all those little perks that I kinda like to have, especially when my company is paying. Fresh sheets every day. A nice breakfast buffet. Someone to refill the amenities in the room.

I won't be back.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites DFW South, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Dear topaz75,

Thanks for your review and staying with us. I am sorry to hear you were not happy with our hotel.
We are an extended stay hotel, and we do only offer housekeeping weekly. However if you need it daily, that can be arranged for a nominal fee.

While we do not offer a free breakfast we do have the Candlewood cupboard where you can purchase something to cook up in your kitchenette.

I understand that this concept might not work so well for some. However most of our guests are long term and it works out quite well for others.

Thank you again.

Katie J
Case Manager
Hurst, Tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

We used the Candlewood's shuttle service through Global Airport Parking. $30 for the week and shuttle service to and from DFW. The driver Bear, is the best!! He took my family of 4 and our relatives 5 others to DFW at 6:30am - with a smile and some smooth jazz. What a cheerful guy!! He gave us his card and said to call him on return. When we got back at 1am Monday morning 8 days later, Bear was there within 15 mins of the call to pick up 15 of us and ALL our luggage! Prompt, polite and just an all around great experience!! This is the place to park, if you are needing a ride to the airport!! THANKS BEAR!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

The rooms were nice - nicely decorated and very quiet (you couldn't hear others down the hall or in other rooms or traffic, etc). There were a few disappointments though: the tub was dangerously slippery and sloped up extremely at the sides, the coffee for the coffee pot is only free for the 1st one (then it's 50 cents a bag), the air conditioning vent is in the living room section of a suite, and the bed is not very comfortable. The room is also only cleaned once a week, so if you're there for a short trip, it won't be cleaned while you are there.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, ihgcare at Candlewood Suites DFW South, responded to this review, April 1, 2012
Dear Texastravels4

I was disappointed to read your review following your recent stay with us. While you noted the nicely decorated and very quiet rooms of our hotel as being positives, I was sorry to hear some aspects did not meet your expectations.

We are an extended stay hotel and rooms get serviced once a week to ensure guest privacy. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Thank you again for your comments. Your business is valued and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG properties.

Brenda J.
IHGCare

Been to Candlewood Suites DFW South? Share your experiences!