“Best little restaurant in town!!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Eclectic
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Fort Worth, Texas
“Best little restaurant in town!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

We've found ourselves becoming regulars at this little gem in middle fort worth. If you know anything about wine you'll find that it has one of the best bistro style list in town hands down. The wine list changes every time we go in, which is a good sign that they are keeping up with the seasons and making sure their list is up to date and top notch. The food is always amazing, the specials list changes as often as the wine list, with the seasons, and everything I've tried on it has been nothing short of amazing, My favorite are the French mussels, best mussels I've ever had hands down (even in Europe). They seem to be busier each time we go which is great for them and the service is always fantastic, probably some of the best wine knowledge in town from just the overall staff. Love to just hang out and talk wine with the staff they are awesome!! Most of the customers seem to live in the neighborhood which makes for a very warm and true bistro feel. As a huge food and wine lover, I've been to pretty much every restaurant in Fort Worth and most in Dallas, Sapristi is truly something special, I almost don't want anyone else to know about it so it will be my little secret!!

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

DFW
“We're becoming regulars”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

I like the neighborhood feel and pleasantly low background music and lighting. Everything we've eaten here has been wonderful. I particularly like the slow cooked chicken dishes that vary in recipe from visit to visit, but which always feature a succulent and tender half chicken. I've always found the service to be fine.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Austin, TX
“Creative, fresh and elegant dining in a friendly neighborhood environment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

This neighborhood bistro features delectable steamed mussels (we had the French style) and pommes frites. I ordered the tapas plate for my entree and it was plenty. The owner explained that the chef creates the tapas plate selections daily depending on inspiration and what fresh ingredients are available. Sapristi has an excellent wine list, with many wines offered by the glass. We took the owner's suggestions and enjoyed wines that perfectly complemented our food. Yum.
There was a $2 charge added to our bill, apparently for ordering appetizers as our main course. I did not recall seeing that disclosure on the menu, but we did not question the charge and it was not enough to spoil a lovely dining experience.

• Visited January 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fort Worth, Texas
“Consistently outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011

Sapristi is one of our favorite places to eat. The food is outstanding. My favorite is the lamb chops with fries, and my wife often opts for the tapas plate. Service is unhurried, but attentive. Having been to France I can attest that the service at Sapristi has a relaxed European feel.

I honestly don't understand the complaints I've seen posted here. If you are looking for hurried in-and-out service with an emphasis on portion size rather than on quality you might be happier going to the Chili's at University Park. If you want to share an outstanding meal in an upscale, but relaxed environment, Sapristi is for you.

The selection of wines is amazing, and they have selections to suit every budget.

Finally, the chocolate mousse is literally the best chocolate mousse I have had anywhere, period.

Sapristi is one of those rare gems where it's evident that the owners are passionate about their food and wine.

• Visited July 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“80s decor and overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

The food was okay. We had mussels, which is why we went out of our way to eat there. Few of them were gritty, but flavorful. The tapas were substituted out at random without telling us it didn't adhere to the menu. The clientele were mostly older, and the decor matched the clientele. My real concern was paying $9 for a soda and a refill, when I saw it come out of the same 50cent can. I would not go back.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere