“Decent place - good location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #47 of 100 hotels in Fort Worth
kansas
“Decent place - good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

Easy in and out location. Good access to things to do around the town. Plenty places to eat in the area and easy to get to anything else you may want.

A small warning about Fort Worth in General (not exclusive to the hotel) Their water is horrible, smells and taste like a fish bowl everywhere you go.... bring/buy bottled water.

Room Tip: Go for an upper room. I think they would be quieter
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

52 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012 via mobile

We came into town to celebrate my fiance's daughters 14th birthday who lives in Fort Worth. We wanted to find a hotel where we could have an ajoining room, an indoor pool and a place that accepted pets. We got lucky and found this holiday inn express and it just happen to be less then 3 miles from their house. The ajoining room was a king suite and the other room had 2 queens. It was perfect for her and her friends. The pool was open 24 hours. The staff helped us by giving us forks and plates so the girls could have pizza and cake. The rooms were very clean and spacious. We were on the side facing I-35 and I did not notice any highway noise. The breakfast in the morning was good. There was ham, omlets, pancakes, biscuits and gravy and cinnamon rolls. There are plenty of places to eat around the hotel and the hotel was very convenient to get to. I will stay here again. Thank you!

• Stayed February 2012
Lake Ozark, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

We've stayed here several times before while traveling through Ft. Worth. It's very convenient on and off the freeway. There are lots of places to eat in the area, from fast food to fine dining; whatever your wallet can stand.
The rooms are very big, clean & comfortable. Yes, it can be a bit noisy outside, but the property is right next to I-35W, so what can you expect?
Breakfast is very much HIE food, but if you can't find something to eat, then go to Denny's. It's fresh and the breakfast area is always clean and well stocked.
We'll stay here again and again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as far to the West as possible, but remember you are still less than a block from I-3...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

I stayed here with my family for a few days while attending a wedding and thought the place was OK but nothing special. Check-in was performed efficiently but the staff person seemed a bit disinterested. The room was nicely decorated and clean and the beds were comfortable. However, the room faced I-35 and was very noisy - you could constantly hear roadway noise. The room rate included a decent continental breakfast with several hot items as well as the usual fare. There is a decent business center and a nice indoor pool with a hot tub. Access to the hotel was fairly straight-forward but getting back to Western Center Blvd and/or the highway was a bit difficult and confusing. You have to go west to a cross street then north to an intersection (with a light) on Western Center then east to the highway. There are lots of good restaurants and other businesses in the immediate area. The rate was competitive with other hotels in the area. Overall, a decent place to stay but nothing special. I will probably try somewhere else when on my next trip to the area.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Danny S, Revenue Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fort Worth I-35 Western Center, responded to this review, December 29, 2011
Hello,

We wanted to thank you for the constructive feedback! We value your opinion and would love to have you back sometime.

We offer many different types of room, most of which are very quiet. I apologize that the guest service agent appeared a little disinterested.

Again, we would love to have you back sometime so please give us a call if you are in the area. The General Manager is Kay Jernigan so please ask for her upon your next visit. She would love to meet you and ensure you have a 100% satisfaction during your next stay!

Danny Simpson
Odessa, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

Very clean facilities. Comfortable bed. Had a queen bed in the room. Lots of space. Bathroom beautiful with granite countertops. Loved the indoor pool and hot tub. Easy access through I35W. Very helpful staff. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
PDXtraveler281
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

Stayed here for one night. It is a new hotel, and the room was very large, quiet and tastefully decorated. It had a pool but I didn't use it. The wireless connection was good, there was a desk and easy chair in the room. Small fridge and microwave on their own counter. Nice, upscale bathroom. I arrived rather late from the airport, but there were several restaurants nearby open till midnite, so all worked out well. The free express breakfast was fine--typical Holiday Inn Express fare, including hot items.

Room Tip: I prefer an upper floor, and got it when I requested it.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Aurora, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

Typical, extensive "hot" breakfast frequently enjoyed in contemporary HI's & Suites. Automated pancake maker fascinated kids (& me). Host very cordial. Staff typically expressed "if there is anything you need, please call".

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Fort Worth I-35 Western Center? Share your experiences!