“Great spot in FTW” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 1,327 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Cuisines: Bistro
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
Description: Unpretentious Global Cuisine! Fast paced lunch featuring an array of salads, grilled sandwiches, almost famous burgers and several grilled specialties to chose from. The pace slows a bit at dinner and the environment elevates focusing on our wine bar, separate dinner menu, nightly specials and live music every evening...And don't forget to order Lili's house made Doughnuts and Coffee!
Fort Worth, Texas
“Great spot in FTW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

Vance's chicken salad or the lamb pitas, hard to say which is better. The food is always good, not too expensive and quick. I prefer the tzatziki medley to start and wish they would refill the tzatziki when you run out. Also, nice selection of different wines in the bar area make this another good choice in the evening.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Vance M, Owner at Lili's Bistro on Magnolia, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thanks so much...again!
If you want more tzatziki next time, just ask. They'll be glad to top it off!!

86% Recommend
Fort Worth, Texas
“I Was Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Stopped in for lunch with my mom and sister. I had wanted to try Lili's for sometime. The first thing that happened was the hostess was on the phone with what was obviously a personal call. She told the person on the other end of the line that she had to go, but then answered the phone twice more before she seated us. The service was fine, but my chicken salad was nothing special at all. LOTS of celery, but nothing else. My wedge salad was just blah. I love the wedge salad at Carinos with the little Julienned apples and pecans. This one was a chunk of lettuce with a little dressing and bacon on top. Just nothing special at all. Before the waitress brought our change I noticed the hostess looking back to see if we were leaving yet, repeatedly! And when we were leaving we went out the back door and I noticed the top of the half-wall by the steps out was dusty. My elderly mother put her hand out to steady herself and left finger prints in the dust. Maybe dinner is better, but I could have gotten that lunch anywhere.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
We're very sorry that you were disappointed. We certainly wish we had known then, while we had a chance to remedy things, rather than now and finding out in this manner. We do our best to please and accommodate everyone but that is not always possible. I would however like to say this; the employee you are referring to (on the phone) is my manager. She has been with me over 4 years. In my 35 years of restaurant experience and 24 years of ownership, she may be the best all around employee I’ve had the pleasure to employ. Her "personal" phone call was with me (the owner)discussing business matters as well as reservations which is why she continued to answer the phone as you were waiting for a table.. Caution to those that recklessly post. Things aren’t always they appear. Less than accurate information can have effect on people, their livelihoods and their families.
“Best restaurant in Ft. Worth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Elegant but unpretentious. Perfect for a date. The food here is worth singing about. You've never had food this good. The House Burger with jalapeno bun is rich and rapturous. The Coconut Macaroon Crusted Flounder is the most delightful seafood dish I've ever had. The appetizer nachos were a knockout- they're made with soft, hot triangles of toasted pita bread, gorgonzola cheese & amazing guacamole. For dessert, the Apple Pie with Brandy Butter sauce pushed me over the cliff. All I can say is Bravo.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Alvarado, Texas
“The house burger is life changing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I have never had a burger so delicious as the house burger at Lili's. I would recommend reservations as the wait times can often be lengthy. Definitely worth the wait, though!

Visited December 2012
Vance M, Owner at Lili's Bistro on Magnolia, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Too Funny! Thanks so much and see you soon.
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
“Good food, Nice place, Very bad management”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I think the food is fine. I like the wait staff generally. The place is small but they have live music and a decent wine list. But they also have a grade A jerk for a manager/head chef. After making a reservation, then waiting 25 minutes to be seated, I asked the waitress if the house would be willing to offer our party of 5 a bottle of wine as a gesture of thanks for our patience. I told the waitress, "I'd appreciate it if you could do this for our group." She went off to ask her manager and what I got was the manager at my table... He came up to our group and ask "Who asked for the bottle of wine? I'm not going to do that. You made a late reservation and there is nothing I can do about your wait." I extended my hand and thanked him for considering, but said that I did not appreciate the manner in which he spoke to us...his tone was very negative; accusatory if not demeaning. To paraphrase, he told me that I should leave. I said that I'd still take the bottle of wine; and we had a decent dinner. Our waitress even apologized to us. We left for the last time after dropping more than $200. As a small business owner, I know that sometimes, the cost of business is the happiness of a customer who you know will return. I guess this is a lesson Lili's still needs to learn. I say, if on Magnolia in Fort Worth, try Ellerbe's instead. Its a little more expensive, but probably the best food in Fort Worth.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Vance M, Owner at Lili's Bistro on Magnolia, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
I truly regret that I didn’t follow through with seeing that you left Lili's Saturday December 29th. If it weren’t for the embarrassed and shocked look of the other 4 guests, I would have. I cannot address your comments because they are too farfetched. You really should try to pull the same stunts at Ellerbe’s. See how that works out for you.