“Best restaurant in Ft. Worth” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #26 of 1,429 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Cuisines: French, American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Unpretentious Global Cuisine Fast paced lunch featuring an array of salads, grilled sandwiches, almost famous burgers and several grilled specialties to chose from. The pace slows a bit at dinner and the environment elevates focusing on our wine bar, separate dinner menu, nightly specials and live music every evening...And don't forget to order Lili's house made Doughnuts and Coffee!
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best restaurant in Ft. Worth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Elegant but unpretentious. Perfect for a date. The food here is worth singing about. You've never had food this good. The House Burger with jalapeno bun is rich and rapturous. The Coconut Macaroon Crusted Flounder is the most delightful seafood dish I've ever had. The appetizer nachos were a knockout- they're made with soft, hot triangles of toasted pita bread, gorgonzola cheese & amazing guacamole. For dessert, the Apple Pie with Brandy Butter sauce pushed me over the cliff. All I can say is Bravo.

1 Thank BrentH1984

Alvarado, Texas
“The house burger is life changing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I have never had a burger so delicious as the house burger at Lili's. I would recommend reservations as the wait times can often be lengthy. Definitely worth the wait, though!

Visited December 2012
Vance M, Owner at Lili's, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
“Good food, Nice place, Very bad management”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I think the food is fine. I like the wait staff generally. The place is small but they have live music and a decent wine list. But they also have a grade A jerk for a manager/head chef. After making a reservation, then waiting 25 minutes to be seated, I asked the waitress if the house would be willing to offer our party of 5 a bottle of wine as a gesture of thanks for our patience. I told the waitress, "I'd appreciate it if you could do this for our group." She went off to ask her manager and what I got was the manager at my table... He came up to our group and ask "Who asked for the bottle of wine? I'm not going to do that. You made a late reservation and there is nothing I can do about your wait." I extended my hand and thanked him for considering, but said that I did not appreciate the manner in which he spoke to us...his tone was very negative; accusatory if not demeaning. To paraphrase, he told me that I should leave. I said that I'd still take the bottle of wine; and we had a decent dinner. Our waitress even apologized to us. We left for the last time after dropping more than $200. As a small business owner, I know that sometimes, the cost of business is the happiness of a customer who you know will return. I guess this is a lesson Lili's still needs to learn. I say, if on Magnolia in Fort Worth, try Ellerbe's instead. Its a little more expensive, but probably the best food in Fort Worth.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
8 Thank Jared S
Vance M, Owner at Lili's, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
I truly regret that I didn’t follow through with seeing that you left Lili's Saturday December 29th. If it weren’t for the embarrassed and shocked look of the other 4 guests, I would have. I cannot address your comments because they are too farfetched. You really should try to pull the same stunts at Ellerbe’s. See how that works out for you.
“Romance and quality dining.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

A wonderful small bistro, one of the best in town. Fantastic Italian food, great selections. A top spot for special occasions or a good relaxed dinner

• 4 of 5 stars
Vance M, Owner at Lili's, responded to this review, December 29, 2012
Thanks so much for the kind words. We'll look forward to seeing you abain soon!
Arlington, Texas
“Wonderful Place with Great Food and Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My family and I frequent Lili's and love everything about it. Both the lunch and dinner menus are full of delightful dishes that are delicious every time we order them. I can't say enough good things about this restaurant. This is a great restaurant for business, couples, drinks with friends, or even for a quick lunch by yourself. My personal favorite appetizer is their nachos, and I love the turkey burger on the lunch menu as well, but you can't go wrong with anything you order.

• Visited November 2012