“Excellent Service, Modern clean room, great location, but small” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Fort Worth Downtown

You added Embassy Suites Fort Worth Downtown to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Fort Worth Downtown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   600 Commerce Street, Fort Worth, TX 76102 (Downtown Fort Worth)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Earn Double Points
Ranked #7 of 101 Hotels in Fort Worth
OK
“Excellent Service, Modern clean room, great location, but small”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We stayed here two nights for a family weekend. This Embassy is quite small compared to others I have stayed in, it feels more like a boutique hotel. The valet parking out front was quick. When we arrived, I did not even need to go to the front desk - they greeted me at the door, asked my name and quickly retrieved my check- in info from the front desk and whisked us over to the elevator. The fastest check-in I have ever experienced. The elevator bay is very small and frequently congested with people. But the elevators are fast, so not a problem.
When we returned for dinner we were greeted with three staff members standing up front asking if we needed anything.
Just a thought for handicapped people - the hallways are quite narrow, we had to turn sideways to get through when the cleaning cart was in the hallway - it made me wonder about ADA compliance?
The room was modern and had the usual Embassy amenities - fridge, microwave, etc.
If you are claustrophobic, you might request a room that has a window on the street - ours had a window that looked onto nothing but the other side of the hotel. I suppose there is an inner courtyard, but we were on the 11th floor and could not see that far down due to the proximity of the other wall.
The breakfast was standard Embassy suites - omelet bar, this room was large and had a nice balcony outside. Go early, day one we were early and had no trouble. Day two, when we arrived at 9:15 am they were out of biscuits, gravy, fruit and did not replenish them. There were plenty of other choices, but for the best selection, arrive early.

Room Tip: Ask for a window on the street if you are claustrophobic.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

My husband, daughter and I stayed here for 3 nights while attending TCU swim camp. We love the Embassy layout because we can each have our own rooms. We had a really great stay thanks mostly to the awesome staff! Everyone was super friendly and accommodating and went out of their way to say hi and welcome back. My only negative would be that everything, including the rooms, was pretty tight. This is not a typical Embassy. Everything was on a smaller scale due to space limitations. The location was great. We walked to one of the best meals we have had in a long time at a restaurant called Grace which was right around the corner. We highly recommend it and recommend the hotel thanks to its wonderful staff.

New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

This by far is the worst Embasst Suites that I've stayed in. First, after checking into our room we discovered there was a leak in the bathroom, we had to pack up and move to another room that also had problems. The rooms are small and the decore is dated. Also upon check out, we were charge for five days of valet parking and a movie, we didnot have a car and the movie was free. Compared to other Embassy Suits, this was the worst.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Tammy V, Manager at Embassy Suites Fort Worth Downtown, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time out to let us know about your stay. I am so incredibly sorry that you had the experience that you did. I would love to discuss this matter in further detail, so that we can make this right. We consistently strive to provide the best service and accomodations as possible and I deeply apologize that this did not happen in your case. Please contact me as soon as possible, my email is Tammy@embassysuitesfw.com or you can call me at 817.200.2828.

I look forward to talking to you soon.

Tammy Vallejos
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

The location was perfect for a regional "stay-cation" with my family. We just wanted to "hang-out" and walk around downtown Ft. Worth. Well, the location was perfect. Right on the corner next to the Bass performance hall. From the moment we pulled up, the valet staff were super friendly and personable. The associates at the front desk were very friendly and even engaged the children in friendly conversation which heightened their excitement about the stay. After checking in and settling into our room, the staff provided a special delivery to our room just for treats for the children. The facility was very clean. The public areas were clean and decorated very nicely. The environment was very pleasant and relaxing. The workout facility had a good variety of workout machines by Precor with personal tv's and headphones, as well as multiple overhead screens. The pool is small and internal on an inner floor along with a hot tub. The manager's reception was nice. The staff was friendly and the beverages were plentiful. The dining area was very spacious with many tables and ample seating. The cooked to order breakfast buffet is my favorite part of my stay. The rates are great, but the breakfast buffet and manager's reception make this hotel chain a favorite for me and my family.

Room Tip: Sometimes the corner rooms can be a little larger. Before booking, ask about larger rooms if you nee...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Waco, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I am a hotel manager, so I am an informed critic and I can't think of one thing that didnt impress me during my stay. Every staff member we encountered was sincere in their desire to see to it our stay was great. Taylor, Jeremy, the General Manager all made it a point to speak to each guest to ensure they were comfortable. The hotel is beautiful, clean and very traveler friendly. The Housekeeping staff would smile and say hello, the valets were great, really a great experience and when in Fort Worth, I will stay there again.

Room Tip: Parking is an issue, you must valet park or find an on street place, but the valets are great!
Spring, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Stayed Friday, July 13, 2012. Exceptionally clean room. Super Super friendly staff and very helpful. Very nice breakfast with cook to order eggs. Only downside was the parking --- Valet only at $21. Carpet in breakfast room needs replacing.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Boiling Springs, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

To start with the location of this hotel was perfect for us. I went with a group of Premier Design Jewelers for the companies National Rally which was held at the Fort Worth Convention Center. The hotel was only a few blocks away. It was also within walking distance to many restaurants and shops. Not to mention the Starbucks in the lobby of the hotel...that was my favorite!!! The staff was very friendly and the hotel was gorgeous. I've stayed in several embassy suites and for the most part they've all been really nice but this location takes the cake. They are known for their gorgeous atrium in the center of the hotels and because of the location of this one, it doesn't have one...but it doesn't matter. Oh and not to forget the great breakfast bar they have. What's better than a made to order omelet bar with a chef there to make yours fresh each morning....YUMMY!!! This embassy suites is by far the best one I've ever stayed in. I will for sure be staying there next time I visit Fort Worth.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Been to Embassy Suites Fort Worth Downtown? Share your experiences!