“Central Location for Stockyards and Fort Worth area.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Ft. Worth Historic Stockyards

You added Hyatt Place Ft. Worth Historic Stockyards to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Ft. Worth Historic Stockyards
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   132 E Exchange Ave, Fort Worth, TX 76106 (Formerly AmeriSuites)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #11 of 104 Hotels in Fort Worth
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
“Central Location for Stockyards and Fort Worth area.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

I was here for one week in March. I chose this place because my main interest was exploring the Stockyard district and also it was in a location close to people I intended to visit with.
Hyatt Place has beautiful western decor without being cheesie. A lot of thought went into it.
The breakfast/ dining area is spacious and the feast put out each morning is high quality and always replenished. No styrofoam plates, plastic cutlery or paper cups!
I was in a King room, which could have easily fit 5 people. It was very clean and the decor carried through the western theme with beautiful pictures on the wall. The windows open, which I was happy with. Nice to get fresh air at night. The sink area is outside of the bathroom, good for more than one person. I could have got used to staying there, as it was so nice and the staff very friendly. I was always greeted coming and going. Even the breakfast lady wanted to know if everything was alright. Being in the south, I expected friendliness but they even topped that.
The Fort Worth visitor centre is directly in front of the hotel, so not far to go for info. I would highly recommend the Stockyard tour! The Stockyard Station Mall is beside the Hyatt and the Colloseum and Stockyard Exchange Building across the street. The Longhorn herd's route is right in front of the hotel to.(they go a couple blocks) There are many shops and restaurants that cater to tourists and locals. Joe T's Mexican restaurant should be on your list! (fyi they only take cash but have an ATM) Further up Main St., there are several fast food restaurants. You are an easy short drive to downtown Fort Worth and other attractions.
The only thing I did not enjoy was hearing a train whistle at night. The train tracks run nearby- this was a stockyard after all, but I would strongly suggest earplugs if you are a light sleeper. Since the hotel is smack dab in the stockyards, you will also hear the stagecoaches taking the tourists, around the hotel area as well as the horseback riders. I'm not saying this is noisy but be warned you will hear it. This hotel is if you want to be in the action of the Stockyards. The pool is great! Looks out into the parking lot though, it could be more private. I had a little boy shout Howdy Ma'am to me from the stagecoach as I was stepping in the pool! Really cute!
I enjoyed being able to leave my car parked and walking to wherever I wanted in the Stockyards. As my room was in the back I had a nice view of downtown Fort Worth in the distance and closer to the hotel I saw what was going on in the Livery, bringing the horses in etc.. I would recommend Hyatt Place to any type of travellers. I saw a lot of families, and couples.

Room Tip: I was in the back on the second floor. I would recommend higher as the exhaust and other things like...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Justin B, General Manager at Hyatt Place Ft. Worth Historic Stockyards, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you very much for the wonderful review of the Hyatt Place Fort Worth Historic Stockyards! We love to hear feedback like this and I will ensure it is shared with every employee at our hotel. Each member of our team strives very hard to exceed expectations and we take tremendous pride on the level of service we are able to provide to each of our guests. Again, thank you for your recent stay with us, and hopefully we will be at the top of your recommendations for future stays!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Porto Alegre, RS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Free parking (usually US$ 5 or 10 at the stockyards), perfect location (and I mean, really perfect), very nice rooms (big and comfy) - although the bathtub and shower looked a bit old, really good breakfast, great service.
I'd advise anyone who plan to visit the stockyards to stay here. it's the best hotel in the area and everything is walking distance.
Not cheap though (US$ 154), other than that, eveything was really fine.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Justin B, General Manager at Hyatt Place Ft. Worth Historic Stockyards, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for your recent feedback of the Hyatt Place Fort Worth Stockyards. Each of our employees are trained to exceed the expectations of our guests, and I am glad that you had a wonderful experience with us. I will ensure we share your comments with all of our team and hopefully we are among your top recommendations for any future stays. Please let me know if there is anything else that we can do to further assist you in the future, thanks again!
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I used my Platinum member points for the first night and wish I had stopped there. I paid full price for night two, which due to location is the price of two nights at any other Hyatt Place. When I returned to my room after a walk through the Stockyards, I found that all the cleaning crew did was make the bed and leave fresh towels. For two hundred dollars you would think they could leave fresh glasses and a new liner for the ice bucket. The front desk did OK, but not as service oriented as other Hyatt locations I have visited. You are right in the middle of the stockyards so everything is in walking distance. It wasn't bad but certainly not as good as it could have been.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Justin B, General Manager at Hyatt Place Ft. Worth Historic Stockyards, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for your recent review and feedback with us. We constantly strive to find ways to better improve our services for our guests. I will address these issues with my housekeeping department immediately so that we can better understand what needs to happen for our guests. In the future, I would hope that you would not hesitate to book with us again and if you would contact me directly I will ensure we do everything possible to make sure you are taken care of. Please let me know if there is anything else that we can further do to assist you.
Addison, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

The rooms were of typical Hyatt Place quality. The texas decor is a nice touch. But the quality of the rooms are nothing special. The bedspread had a couple of small stains. Other than that, the cleanliness of the room was good. The best part of the hotel is the location. It is located in the Stockyards. A 1 minute walk to great restaurants.

Room Tip: Try to get a room as far away from the RR tracks as possible.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Lesley-

Thank you for your recent review and feedback of your stay with us. I'm happy we were able to meet your expectations, however our goal is to go above and beyond to exceed your expectations. If there is any additional feedback you would like to provide that would help us to better serve our guests in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Thanks again for your recent business with us!
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

The young woman who checked me in could return to "Front Desk 101" training at this hotel. Several odd things happened. Upon check-in, I asked if they had a "Bank of America" corporate rate. She didn't think so, but she yelled over to the guy working the bar to say "Hey, do we have a Bank of America rate?"...and his reply..."Ummmm, I don't think so."

Then I presented her with my Hilton Amex, and she proceeded to say..."why aren't you staying at a Hilton?" Really...did you just ask me to switch hotel chains?

Then when I asked where to park, she said "out back" since the front is reserved for Gold Passport members. Let it be known...I'm a Diamond with Hyatt Gold Passport. I pointed that out to her and she laughed..."oh, I forgot to look."

Then the icing on the cake was when I asked her for the Diamond amenity. (Keep in mind she didn't offer it...I had to ask). She said, they don't offer anything (incorrect, according to Hyatt's web site...they're supposed to offer points or a snack from their pantry). She proceeded to say...in the past they used to give out "bags of crap," but they don't do that anymore. NO JOKE...those were her words!!! For reference, this all took place at about 6 or 7PM on 3/13.

Otherwise, the hotel was fine, but clearly the staff could return to some kind of training...anything...just show them how to work a front desk.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
I apologize for the lack of appropriate customer service you received during your recent stay with us. Our efforts at this hotel are to continuously develop our front desk staff to provide the best possible guest experience. Please rest assured that I will pass these comments along to the appropriate person to ensure they are better trained to perform to our expectations. If there is anything else that I can personally do to better assist you, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Great location for stockyard access. Room was clean and roomy though no fan in bathroom made it very steamy. Staff were very friendly. The breakfast had a nice selection though you could not order special items like I have been able to do at other hyatt places. The check in desk was weird as it seemed like they wanted u to use the computer check in but the girl at the 'desk' did check us in. Overall good place to stay if you want instant acces to the stockyards.

• Stayed March 2013
Qld, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We spent four happy days at this hotel. Everything was good, comfortable beds, clean linen, helpful staff. Breakfast was adequate but nothing to get too excited over. Location is excellent for those wishing the stockyards.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt Place Ft. Worth Historic Stockyards? Share your experiences!