“Good facility, great people” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fort Worth Convention Center

Fort Worth Convention Center
1201 Houston St, Fort Worth, TX 76102 (Downtown Fort Worth)
817 392 6338
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #59 of 178 things to do in Fort Worth
More attraction details
Owner description: This facility is located in the Hell's Half Acre section of Fort Worth, Texas.
Pensacola, Florida
171 attraction reviews
“Good facility, great people”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I recently attended the National Association of Counties annual conference here. I enjoyed the conference and found the building to be good for this type of event; however, the people in the purple who work there were super. They were so good with helping you about Ft. Worth and directing you around the venue. The location seemed perfect with many hotels and restaurants around it. Some have complained about parking; however I was the at the hotel across the street so no problem for me. My only complain is the rooms were very spread out. I often walked 4 blocks to go to meetings under the area, thank goodness in the A/C.

Visited July 2013

Nacogdoches, Texas
9 attraction reviews
“Excellent hosts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

The Texas librarians held their recent annual convention in Fort Worth at the convention center. As an attendee, not an exhibitor or planner or sponsor, I enjoyed the whole place. Workshops were technologically supported perfectly. At one, when there was a problem, staff jumped to solve the problem nearly instantly. The President's reception in the exhibit hall was remarkable by the excellent service of the waitstaff. The staff sitting at the doors to check badges for entry were a pleasure to pass several times during the day, ready with a smile and a nod. I've been to scores of conventions where entry and exit were marked by much less friendly faces. My first sight of the center was underwhelming, but I grew to appreciate its appropriateness for the area. Fort Worth is a remarkably excellent city for convention visitors.

Visited April 2013
Mussoorie, India
57 attraction reviews
“just a visitor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I know its very different when one is a visitor to a convention as opposed to someone that has to work with the people that make the convention happen.

From my perspective I found it all just fine, but a little spread out across the center and into the Omni hotel across the street, but it was easy to find where I needed to be.

I wish there were more food places nearby but that isn't their problem, its mine. lol

Visited March 2013
Wichita, Kansas
5 attraction reviews
“Great service, good catering, amazing parking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We spent 4 days at this convention center at an event with thousands of college students. As a person who has worked for other large event venues I notice lots of details and I am a tough critic of facilities and event staff. This facility is extremely well run, the staff was courteous and professional. Events and meals were all on time for the very large crowd, which is not easy to do with such a big crowd. Meals were good. The chips and queso and churros with caramel dipping sauce was a very popular snacking option and the best food we ate there. Although the ancho chile barbecue chicken was excellent. The facilities were kept very clean during the entire event, restrooms were clean and well stocked continually. The facility is very large and right in the middle of downtown, yet parking was plentiful and so close. There was a parking garage so close and on the weekend even plentiful parking on the street super close.

I attended the conference with kids and baby in tow and my one complaint is that there aren't benches or chairs or places to rest or nurse on the first level. There were many very nice chairs on the second floor, but it was a long way to get there. This inconvenience was the only thing that caused me to take a star off my rating.

Visited December 2012
Cuenca, Ecuador
5 attraction reviews
“Great place to have a large conference”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We attended the World Missions Summit 3 here and thought it was very clean and beautifully decorated and designed. It is very spacious and takes a lot of walking. The rooms were arranged in an intelligent fashion.

Visited December 2012