“Fantastic building, nice location, uncomfortable beds...” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #45 of 101 Hotels in Fort Worth
“Fantastic building, nice location, uncomfortable beds...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

I'm a little bit torn here... this is one of the nicer Residence Inn's asthetically and its in a good location within Ft Worth/TCU area... but if you can't sleep comfortably what's the point?? 2 wide screen TV's in every room, nicely apportioned kitchenette, medium sized rooms, good internet, nice pool, typical but nice fitness center.with access to the big LA Fitness nearby.. usual Marriott Breakfast... so I DO like this Hotel but it sure could use new mattresses... this mattress was a firm, uncomfortable coil spring mattress, which had indentations in it as thougb a 250 lb man had been sleeping in the same spot for 10 years. Again, liked the Hotel.. nice lobby, high ceilings, a notch above most Residence Inn's and it was quiet there despite being sold out.. still, they should afford new mattresses for their guests at the prices paid.. so I'll have to call it Average...

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

This hotel was one of the better places we have stayed anywhere. We cooked two meals a day in the kitchen and had everything we needed for cooking and serving. The hot breakfast buffet was certainly adequate and the housekeeping staff did a wonderful job. We can't wait to have an excuse to go back. The bed was very comfortable to my companion and she has had back surgery in the past.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Austin, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

What a disappointing stay! Lovely location near the park, shopping and museums but the hotel was understaffed and the ones who were there did not care and were "uninformed". We were told that the kitchen was equipped with a conventional oven. We asked specifically about this but no, when we arrived with raw turkey, we found out that none of the rooms have conventional ovens. OOPS, what to do with the Thanksgiving feast? The dishwasher was broken and we were promised a repair person the next day. We were even given a time so we could be up and ready. Next day we were told that no repair person was available. Beds miserably uncomfortable! Even if you do not want to cook, you might want to sleep comfortably. How is that the housekeeping staff missed seeing the bright green reading glasses a previous guest left? Makes you wonder what else they missed, hmmmm....

Room Tip: Try another hotel unless you do not care about comfort or value. (We were charged $270 per night)
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
General_Manager_829, Manager at Residence Inn Fort Worth Cultural District, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your feedback, and I sincerely apologize about the misinformation we gave you regarding the conventional oven. Some Residence Inn hotels do offer the full oven. We offer the stove top, microwave, full refrigerator with ice maker, dishwasher, pots / pans, cooking utensils, but not the full oven. The dishwasher in your room has been repaired, but it should have been repaired the same day you notified us. Our beds are original, (7 years) and we are due for replacement in the near future. We do offer pillow toppers upon request.

I am sorry your stay was not up to the standards we strive for. Please feel free to reach out to me if you would like to discuss further.

Brian Tigner
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

The hotel was clean and located right next to Trinity Park which is great if you want to walk, jog, or bike. Staff was friendly, but a couple of times the guy at the desk seemed too busy with phone calls to answer a question when I stopped at the desk. So I think they may need to have more than one person at the desk during afternoon hours (4-8 pm) when people are checking in and also coming in from business meetings back to their room.

I'm also noticing at my last two Marriott Residence Inn stays both in Orlando and here the free breakfast quality is not as good as it was about 2 years ago with a lot less choice. At least please bring back the REAL bacon!

Also noticed at my last two Marriott Residence Inn stays they no longer provided lotion.

Not a big deal, but this particular hotel also didn't provide the foldup suitcase stand which is pretty basic in even 1-2 star hotels I've stayed at. When I asked about it the desk I was told the hotel had just never provided them. So I had to put my suitcase on the living room coffee table to unpack it. Recommend the hotel think about providing these suitcase stands.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am sorry that at times during your stay the front desk was not adequately staffed to offer the attention that every guest deserves.

Our breakfast includes make your own waffles, eggs, a hot item (sausage, ham, biscuits and gravy) cereals, fruits, yogurts, and breads. We work within the guidelines of the Marriott breakfast standards, and I do apologize that it was not up to the expectations that you recall from two years ago.

You are correct that lotion is no longer provided in the rooms at Residence Inns, but typically it is available at the front desk upon request.

I am sorry that your stay was less than perfect. I would be happy to discuss further with you if you would like.

Brian Tigner
San Angelo, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

This Residence Inn is a large motel almost hidden off of 7th Street. The pool area is very nice and rooms are good size and very clean. We were very surprised to find out that the mattress was not comfortable though. Most Marriott's have great mattresses, but this one appeared thinner than normal and needed a thicker mattress pad. The breakfast room was nice, but too small for the amount of people there.

• Stayed November 2012
Little Rock, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We choose the Residence Inn due to its location, close to The Modern Art Museum. We were there to see the Lucian Freud exhibit. The hotel is only a short drive to The Modern and also the Kimbell and the Amon Carter. Check in was quick and easy. We had requested an early check in and this was no problem. Our room, on the east side overlooking Trinity Park was clean and spacious. The bed was comfortable and the extra feather pillows we requested were there when we arrived. The complementary breakfast provided a good selection of both hot and cold dishes. Check-out was easy and our statement arrived by e-mail. The Residence Inn will by our choice when we're in Fort Worth.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Business trip-I arrive at 9am-no problem, room ready and offered complimentary breakfast. I couldn't figure out how to work the very common, standard, door lock-mentioned to front desk - maintenance went to my room immediately. Didn't need to fix as I was the one that was "broken." Convenient to lots of restaurants. Complimentary shuttle. Not the largest RI I've stayed in, but I would certainly return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Residence Inn Fort Worth Cultural District? Share your experiences!