“Great steaks and service” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #104 of 1,269 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dallas, Texas
“Great steaks and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Tried Risck's from the menu on the street, started with the Fried Mushrooms - tastey, lightly battered and great tasting. Next was the House Salad - fresh, crisp and the dressing was great. Then the main course - filet medium rare and a baked potato. Steak prepared prefectly, no need for sauce but they serve brown gravey and it compliments the meat very well. The baked potato was great - I like to eat the skin but they salt it so could not, next time will ask for no salt. The service was attentive and polite. Would recommend this place to my friends.

Visited May 2013

Woburn, Massachusetts
“Great food good price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

After walking the area and comparing prices of the restaurants we decided to eat here...it turned out to be a great choice. we ordered the ribeye bone in, it was tender and delicious probably one of the best steaks i have had. Also the service was great and the interior was decorated to fit the scene. I highly recommend this restaurant, for the local price you get a great dinner.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Great place for steak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Alias like the flatiron steak. They grill it perfectly. I took friends Thursday night, April 24. The stockyard wine was enjoyed by all and the meal was great and reasonable

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cedar Park, TX
“Should have tried somewhere else...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We met some out-of-country friends at the Stockyards on a Sunday evening. The first steakhouse we found was Riscky's... but we should have kept walking. The waiter seemed annoyed that we were there, but did the minimum and tried to smile a few times. "Tried" is the operative word. The food was very highly priced and everyone (expect one) at our table were not impressed with their entree. The food was bland. We had children with us and were surprised they didn't have a kids menu, but only 3 items (incl ribs?) for them to pick from. For such a highly competitive market as steak houses in the Ft Worth Stockyards, you would think they would try to stand out. I was embarrassed that we took our foreign friends here to eat. Don't expect us to return.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Much better placed to go for the money!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Ok...I eat out a lot. So here is my take. The highlight of the meal was the dinner salad. It was fresh and well prepared. The bread was lipstick on a pig. Frozen rolls that had garlic butter brushed on top. So lets get to the meal. I ordered the steak and twice baked potato. The steak was $34.99. It had absolutely no flavor. It was cooked on a grill that was way to cool. It came out a gross grey look with no grill marks. It was at least cooked to medium rare. Ok...saved the best to the last. The twice baked potato. Wallpaper past with a globb of mild chedder cheese melted on top. I think I said enough about that. I would run as fast as I can to the downtown distrist where the real restaraunts are located.

• Visited April 2013