“Doesn't compare to those in Dallas” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 185 things to do in Fort Worth
Dallas, Texas
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Doesn't compare to those in Dallas”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

The museum is alright -- it just doesn't compare to the Nasher, or Dallas Museum of art, the Trammel Crow Collection, or any of the other arts district locales.

Eugene, Oregon
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Great treasures in downtown Fort Worth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

This museum has a very reasonable admission price for some of the world's great modern art treasures. The building is magnificent and I enjoyed every minute of my time spent there. Andy Warhol, Jasper Johns, Jackson Pollack, and Rothko, all right there in Fort Worth. Don't miss it.

Visited November 2012
Little Rock, Arkansas
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 108 helpful votes
“A Beautiful Building”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

The building is fabulous, a very modern structure with great space to showcase the exhibits. We saw the Lucian Freud Portraits, which are wonderful works by a great artist. Each painting had a short story about the work which gave more information than you usually see in museums. The Modern is the only U.S. venue for the exhibition.

Jonesboro, Arkansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Lucien freud show”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Went to see the Lucien Freud show, very nice. Interesting layout with lots of little corners with hidden pockets of art. Impressive collection with clean neat displays

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Cool museum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

While neither of us are really "art people," my best friend and I decided to go here. We had fun. It is a cool museum with a pretty confusing layout, but that made it kind of fun to us. Modern art especially can sometimes be odd to me, but I did really enjoy this museum. It was a fun way to spend a Sunday afternoon. Also, the second floor is mostly nude paintings. Some of them are fairly odd and gave me the giggles. I felt like a 10-year-old for that, but as I said I am not an art person and laughing a little made it even more fun.