“Unique dining experience” 4 of 5 stars

817-740-8810
Menu
Update restaurant details
Reserve with OpenTable
Update
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 1,313 restaurants in Fort Worth
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Doing business, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main and Exchange Ave.
Lubbock, Texas, United States
“Unique dining experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

The elk sliders were truly a delight.
The lobster hush puppies were suprisingly chock full of lobster (very little corn meal)
The jalepeno margarita is a must have
My wife and I shared the Tomahawk Ribeye. It was a good quality steak, though somewhat over priced for the value.
All in all a really nice expereience when visiting Fort Worth.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

77% Recommend
St. Paul
“Superb!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Truly one of the best dinners we have had. The elk sliders and the elk main course were both excellent as was the squash soup. In fact, every dish was special.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fort Worth, TX
“Hands Down, Best Meal Ever.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

When my husband asks where I want to go when I want to celebrate something, I always say Lonesome Dove. We've been here 4 times now, and every time the food is excellent. The service is always good. They don't fawn all over you, it's more laid back than that. Some might expect more of an upscale vibe due to the prices, but this is Cowtown, we're casual around here.

The elk sliders are a never miss for us.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tucson
“lonesome dove western bistro”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

2nd time here, always great great food, excellent service, had the steak (of course) very tender and delish! a bit on the pricey side but well worth dinner!

Visited January 2013
Chicago
“Not on their game this night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Visiting from out of town with my wife. I travel a lot and eat at a lot of memorable places. So this is not our "first rodeo" eating at a "look forward to" establishment. The couple we were with spends many many thousands of dollars per year entertaining customers at Lonesome Dove. His comment was "I can always count on them to rise to the occasion...I don't have to worry that there will be any problems or that everyone won't have a good time."

So, here's the story. Their regular server was off that night. Our server opens by saying "I have been instructed to make sure we take really good care of you tonight." OK. You set expectations.
Yes, it is very capable of being a unique and memorable experience. The whole urban cowboy cuisine thing really is kind of unique and well-conceived. And for the most part the food was very good. But, we are not a budget table...a $120 entree and over $300 in wine. Should hope the service is good.

So, what went wrong? Food was mostly excellent (except below). We shared several appetizers and salads. Most were good; the elk sliders in particular.The Hamachi tostadas...the fish really did not taste fresh at all. But, we're having a good time and the restaurant has a good vibe. Now the entrees come. They range from tepid to cold. The aforementioned high priced entree does not appear..."oops, got it wrong" (all four confirming the order was stated right). NO PROBLEM...we'll heat your entrees while we get the Wagyu Ribeye done. So the table gets cleared (except the sides, which stay cold). Really. we're still Ok with all this.

Eventually our entrees reappear. Sorta lukewarm...not hot. They did point out they replaced the asparagus side on my plate (two stalks...what about the sides on the table?). I pointed out that they cleared my silverware with the returned entree..."don't forget I need new utensils." Someone did bring a fork. But what about everyone else? we waited to get someone to get utensils while the food got colder. Finally three of us ate a very good meal---except the Wagyu hasn't shown up. Oops. Finally it does. Really? Yes, they comped and bagged the steak since we were ready to go at that time.

So, I would like to go revisit when they are "on their game." I think they can live up to their reputation. This was really a disaster and we were with what I am sure is a key customer of theirs.

• Visited December 2012