“Ft Worth classic.” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Russellville, Arkansas
“Ft Worth classic.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

This restaraunt has been around since the 1940's and has a great classic atmosphere. Went to the Cattlemen's with a group of business associates and had a very enjoyable meal. The steaks are cooked in an area adjacent to the dining area.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Boston
“Not bad but not great.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

On a recent vacation we were checking out the Stockyards area of Fort Worth. Our little travel book recommended Cattleman's Steakhouse. The food was OK but not great. To me it seemed like the place was living off of their former glory perhaps. The price , to me, was not inline with the meal you actually get. I don't think that I would return if I was in the area again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Jacksonville NC
“The Orginal Wild West Steak House”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I was here with my family of about 15 people and they treated us great. We were there about 15 minutes before they opened and had the oppertunity to sit in the bar area while our tabel was made ready. There is great country and western art work to be seen. The walls still have the orginal knotted pine so the decor was great. We all had steaks of the lunch menue which saved soem money but everyone still got what they wanted. it was great not to have blaring music blowing us out. It was just nice and quite. There was a crowd when we left and it is understandable. They bring your real yest rolls and butter to start things off. They also have an extensive bar area but we didn't try anything out from tis area. Our waitress was great and attended to our every need. My wifes steak was cooked right the first time. Thank you to the staff for making our family outing a realy special time.

Visited October 2013
Newark
“Not Impressed!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Our first trip to Dallas/Ft. Worth so while at the Stockyards decided to get steak. We had read that Cattleman's was a good choice. It may have been a good choice for some, but not for me. We arrived on a slow drizzly Monday around 3 PM. We ended up being the only customers there which I thought would be a good thing. Lots of disturbing noise and carrying on coming from the kitchen the whole time we were there. My fiance and I both ordered steak. For some reason it took about a half hour to get our steak. We did notice a person who appeared to be a chef doing stuff around the grill. He seemed to be complaining about something not being turned on or something. Maybe the grill wasn't working properly, I am not really sure. My fiance liked her steak and it was cooked properly. Mine on the other hand was not good. I ordered medium well and it was medium rare. I called the waiter over and he took it back to have it cooked more. Meanwhile my fiance is of course eating her dinner. Mine finally comes back with a cold potato and the steak is now barely medium, not medium well. My fiance is done with her meal and now I eat mine alone. My steak was tough as well. I was very disappointed in the fact that after two tries my steak was not cooked properly, my steak was tough, seems like it was smashed on the grill to get it to cook faster. Our waiter was nice, my fiance loved her meal, I was very disappointed in the whole experience. At least we only had to pay lunch prices.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Seattle, WA
“Very good and tender”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

The steaks were good and very tender; our hosts explained that Cattleman's doesn't drown their steaks in butter like some places, so you only taste the meat. Steak was good as I said, but could have used a bit of marinade or something. The restaurant has been here since 1947 and I'm certain the original furniture is still here. So, yes, good steaks, reasonably priced, old west atmosphere - if that's what you like this is the place. Mashed potatoes were stiff and cold, served in a little bowl and a side of asparagus, very al dente, was $3.95. So, all-in-all above average considering the dining experience. Other dining mates loved this place; I like it, but not as much as they did.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere