“Not Worth It” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Boyd, Texas
“Not Worth It”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I can’t believe how much has changed in the last 9 months, last visit this was a great Brunch Buffet, now it’s almost like a different place when it comes to the food. I found that 90 percent of the items lacked seasoning, just BLAND; several items were empty or cold. The desserts were lacking in taste and selection. The Mimosa’s tasted as if the orange juice came out of a can. The one high point was the servers. Not worth $20.00 per person.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

arlington, texas
“Boooo, not going back”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Went with my children to enjoy the nacho bar. I had a margarita and the kids had soft drinks. When we went to pay our bill, the waitress informs me that the drinks come with the nacho bar and that the bar is $3.50. At the website is clearly says free nacho bar with the purchase of a beverage. The waitress asked if we had a receipt for the drinks we had paid for at the bar, but of course we didn't. Fortunately the bartender told her we had paid for them there. So Blue mesa tried to charge me for the drinks we had already paid for and the nachos. No where is there anything written that the nachos were $3.50 if you didn't purchase an "alcoholic" beverage. The waitress was not nice about this and I called the manager over to clarify. Will not go back to this place rude, rude, rude. The funny part is that we went last week with a larger group and were not charged a thing for the nachos.

• Visited August 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Tx
“Service so awful that we walked away from a free brunch for 4 people.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

A week prior to Father's Day, my wife made reservations for 4 persons for the Brunch at Blue Mesa in Fort Worth. We planned on using a gift certificate we received that was good for brunch for 4 persons. Upon arrival at 10:45, we told the hostess' we had reservations and were informed it would be a 20 minute wait. She told us that if we did not have reservations it would be closer to 1.5 hours wait.

We went into the bar area and noticed that there were tables all around waiting to be bussed so that people could be seated. I also noticed several open tables with odd numbers of chairs (one or three). My wife was close to the hostess stand and after 30 minutes, noticed that people who walked up after us were being seated. When she asked the hostess why she was rudely told because they were on the list before us! There were two lists, one reservations list, and one walk up list. These people were on the walk up list!!

After my wife said something, ten minutes later the hostess got some menus and walked us to a table that I noticed had been empty with only two chairs for 40 minutes, but now had 4. It was directly in front of the opening door from the bar to the outside area, under a tree that was dropping leaves and bird droppings from the birds, so I can understand why no one was sitting there. As we walked through the restaurant on my way to our table and saw several booths and open tables, but when we were being seated, a manager (heavy set man in a purple shirt) said something to the hostess and she put us outside!

After 5 minutes more of waiting for a server that never showed up to get us drinks or take our order, we decided that enough was enough and that even a free meal worth $100+ was not worth our time to be ignored then put outside for saying something when walk up patrons were seated before patrons who had reservations.

And from the looks of the buffet that had food scattered all over it and the floor from patrons dropping things and not being cleaned up, it was not appealing enough to even take food from. Honestly, Golden Corral is probably kept cleaner than this place. My kids weren't to disappointed because we ended up going to BJ's in NRH and had great service and food.

We will never return to Blue Mesa based on the absolutely horrible management, hostess', and absent servers. Service so awful that we walked away from a free brunch for 4 people.

• Visited June 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Mansfield, Texas
“Food that never disappoints!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

Everytime we are in the area this is our go to for great Mexican food. The food is fantastic as is the atmosphere. They have Sunday brunches that include mimosas and champagne. Great place for family get togethers.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
fortworth
“happy hour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

one of my "go to" places. great value. super crowded on Friday afternoons. great patio. Love the sweet potato chips and quesadillas. Hate to even post about it because it is so popular:)

Visited March 2014