“A little piece of Germany in Fort Worth ” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: German
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Lenoir City, Tennessee
“A little piece of Germany in Fort Worth ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

The reviews of this restaurant were what brought us there. It didn't take long for us to determine that the high ratings and superb reviews were all well deserved. I've lived in Germany for more than five years during my life, and I can assure you that this food is unquestionably authentic.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

The food was amazing. I had the sausage plate and my friend had the chef special and we shared that along with the potato cakes. Everything was delicious. The chef's wife was our waitress and she was lovely. From the very start she was so sweet and explained to us what everything was on the menu. She also suggested we get two different things and share. Very good service and food. Would definitely recommend.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Malvern, Pennsylvania
“Wunderbar...Guten Apetit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Pleasantly surprised to find such an authentic German restaurant in Fort Worth. What may be lacking in atmosphere and decor is made up tenfold by the quality of the meals and the personable service by the owners and waitstaff. Recently enjoyed a dinner of goulash, spaetzle, and red cabbage. Also had a delicious bowl of lentil soup. The red cabbage was prepared perfectly, exactly how my mother makes it. Overall, a wonderful restaurant to enjoy German cooking. Delicious bread served. Nice selection of German beer. One of the owners came around often to make sure everything was ok. Decent crowd for a mid week dinner. Located right on historic Blue Bonnett Circle.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Euless, Texas
“German food at it's best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

The first time I ate at this restaurant I brought a German student for dinner. I wanted to get his opinion on the food and if it was par to the food he eats at home. Friedrich ordered Schweineschnitzel Paniert (breaded pork loin) with mushroom sauce and Spatzle, I ordered the same. The dinner portion was huge and delicious and Friedrich agreed with me but said it was much better than what he eats in Germany! Dessert was apple strudel and served warm just right and not too sweet. The husband and wife team renovated the restaurant recently and I've been there 4 more times! Lunch portions are smaller and less expensive. The split pea soup and the red cabbage are one of my favorites! Guten Appetit!

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
oklahoma
“German Goodness”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

My belly is very happy after eating Greenwood's authentic German food. My sister and I were cheerfully greeted at 5:00 for an early Saturday night dinner. We shared both the Schweinschintzel and the Brawtwurst plate. It was excellent and then made more excellent by a cherry strudel. Although the atmosphere is simple it was comfortable. Go treat yourself to a tasty meal that is reasonably priced.

• Visited September 2013