We stay here for a couple of days for our anniversary. We hadn’t had the experience of taking the train to FW and thought it would be fun. I wasn’t aware of the shuttle till after I arrived. We actually walked from the train station to the hotel which was about a mile. No biggie for us, we used to walking. But once we knew that was available we thought it was a nice service that was being offered. One downside that I had to the shuttle service is they need more than one going on busy occasions. When its real cold outside you could be waiting a half hour outside for the shuttle. I know the drivers benefit from the tips but there is this feeling of obligation of having to tip them every time and I don’t like the that. We found it much cheaper and faster to take the bus around the city. You can get a day pass for $5 and ride the bus as much as you want. And if you have a smart phone you can down load apps to see where the bus is and what time it will arrive so you are not outside waiting for 30 min but tour for 30 min and make your bus on time. With the shuttle if you are not there when they arrive they will not wait long for you to show up, and naturally they have other people they have to pick up. A great service for small errands here and there, to the airport or the train station.
Breakfast was well stocked each time we ate here. Pancake which are made on a machine don’t taste very well, I prefer the waffle maker. And if my husband had his way they would be in the shape of Texas. The person that worked in the kitchen and kept things stocked was attentive to what needed to be stocked, and they were friendly too..
The room, bathroom and lobby area was clean and pleasant. I love the pillows! we had a king bed which had four long pillows and the consistency was perfect! The bed wasn’t very soft, could use a pillow topper. The lobby area was very comfortable to hang out and watch football games and relax, except it was very cold, temp outside was 39 and it wasnt much warmer inside. I think they eventually turned on the heat after I told them I wanted to build a fire.
I would stay here again. The price wasn’t to expensive and the staff was very friendly the few that we interacted with. (Margartia was the main person we visited with, there was another front desk woman but I didn’t get her name)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel in Fort Worth, TX boasts a convenient downtown location. Conveniently located in the heart of downtown Fort Worth, Texas, our hotel is less than a mile from the Fort Worth Convention Center and close to several area businesses and attractions. Families will enjoy staying at our downtown Forth Worth hotel while they explore everything that this famous Texan city has to offer. Sundance Square is less than a mile away while the Fort Worth Stockyards, local museums, the Fort Worth Zoo and the Botanic and Japanese gardens are just a few miles away. Just a short drive from our hotel TCU, Six Flags Over Texas and the Texas Rangers Stadium are a few more of the many Fort Worth attractions nearby. Ideally located near XTO Entergy, Pier1 Imports, Radio Shack, D.R. Horton, JPS and the Medical District and numerous other businesses, our hotel in Fort Worth is perfect for business travelers seeking lodging in Fort Worth. Whether you will be attending meetings at a local business or the Fort Worth Convention Center or you choose to host your own in the spacious meeting rooms, our downtown Fort Worth hotel offers everything you need. During your stay, be sure to enjoy a swim in our indoor pool and whirlpool or a workout in the fitness center. You can surf the web on the free high-speed Internet and eat well every morning at the free hot breakfast bar. Enjoy free parking. Check out our great Fort Worth hotel deals and book your stay with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, IHG, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Fort Worth
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites