“Friendly Staff, great services” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth Downtown

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth Downtown to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth Downtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1111 West Lancaster, Fort Worth, TX 76102 (Downtown Fort Worth)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #26 of 100 hotels in Fort Worth
Moore, Oklahoma
“Friendly Staff, great services”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

We stay here for a couple of days for our anniversary. We hadn’t had the experience of taking the train to FW and thought it would be fun. I wasn’t aware of the shuttle till after I arrived. We actually walked from the train station to the hotel which was about a mile. No biggie for us, we used to walking. But once we knew that was available we thought it was a nice service that was being offered. One downside that I had to the shuttle service is they need more than one going on busy occasions. When its real cold outside you could be waiting a half hour outside for the shuttle. I know the drivers benefit from the tips but there is this feeling of obligation of having to tip them every time and I don’t like the that. We found it much cheaper and faster to take the bus around the city. You can get a day pass for $5 and ride the bus as much as you want. And if you have a smart phone you can down load apps to see where the bus is and what time it will arrive so you are not outside waiting for 30 min but tour for 30 min and make your bus on time. With the shuttle if you are not there when they arrive they will not wait long for you to show up, and naturally they have other people they have to pick up. A great service for small errands here and there, to the airport or the train station.

Breakfast was well stocked each time we ate here. Pancake which are made on a machine don’t taste very well, I prefer the waffle maker. And if my husband had his way they would be in the shape of Texas. The person that worked in the kitchen and kept things stocked was attentive to what needed to be stocked, and they were friendly too..

The room, bathroom and lobby area was clean and pleasant. I love the pillows! we had a king bed which had four long pillows and the consistency was perfect! The bed wasn’t very soft, could use a pillow topper. The lobby area was very comfortable to hang out and watch football games and relax, except it was very cold, temp outside was 39 and it wasnt much warmer inside. I think they eventually turned on the heat after I told them I wanted to build a fire.

I would stay here again. The price wasn’t to expensive and the staff was very friendly the few that we interacted with. (Margartia was the main person we visited with, there was another front desk woman but I didn’t get her name)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

150 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

My husband booked a room for 5 days to attend a convention. My son and I joined him the last 2 nights. The room is perfect for one business person but a bit small for 3 people. The breakfast was good and the free shuttle is awesome. The staff couldn't have been more helpful and the location is easy to find. OK pool. Only one con: the walls must be paper thin or we had very loud neighbors. We could hear conversations and the TV. We contacted the front desk and they resolved the situation perfectly. Very impressive.

Room Tip: We had a nice view of the city looking over the Masonic Temple.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We stayed here on a recent vacation. The front desk girl who checked us in was fabulous. She was actually from around our area in Massachusetts and was excited to see someone from back home. Unfortunately I forgot her name, but she is the kind of employee that everyone would be proud to have working for them. She took great care of our needs and was very helpful on tip for the area.

The location was perfect for us as a springboard to head downtown and to the Stockyards. The room was very clean and comfortable. The parking was a bit tight though and we had to squeeze between a few cars to get a spot. Checkout was quick and easy. Overall the stay met our expectations.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Cat C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth Downtown, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
63impala,

Thank you so much for your kind review! I am very pleased that Margarita at the front desk was able to take especially good care of you. We look forward to having you back!
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

The rooms were clean and spacious although the bathroom was a little small. Breakfast area can be crowded on the weekends and there wasn't much food left. The staff was very responsive to any request that I had and the cookies in the evening were a nice touch. The free shuttle service from the hotel to the convention center was a nice surprise, the hotel is not within walking distance of many attractions. There are no restaurants nearby either.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your 4 star rating of our Hotel. Our shuttle does provide an excellent option to walking or driving to get wherever you are needing to go in the downtown radius. I will certainly follow up on keeping up on food levels. You mention "food left" and regardless of the time one comes down the food should remain plentiful and I apologize that was not experience you had. Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to serve you again in the future.
Conroe, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

First of all, when I called en route the staff could not give directions, and when they did , they gave me the wrong information .
Then the parking situation is abysmal. Had to park in an unsecured unlighted lot across a busy street.... not the best situation to be dragging baggage at 10 oclock at night.
I booked a King Suite and notified them I would be a late arrival and they put me in a room with 2 doubles.
the night staff folks were apologetic and gave the usual litany of excuses and offered a 25% discount which I accepted
When inquired if the bar is open they said "The Texaco next door sells beer and wine"
Hmmm... maybe an unleaded Chardonnay or Chateau Havoline from a boutique refinery?
I am here on business with a local hospital who recommended the place and I will notify them to try to find more suitable ;lodging for their business partners as this place does not reflect well on the hospital.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth Downtown, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear DrKenDavis ,

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Daly City, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I stayed at Holiday Inn Express in October 2013 on my first visit to Forth Worth because the price was reasonable for convention week and the hotel has a shuttle service.The front desk folks (Margarita, Ashleigh and Casey) provided excellent service. Victoria excelled preparing the breakfast. And kudos to the van drivers Andrew, Terri, and Phil who went out of their way to accommodate us.

One disappointment: I met with the general manager and politely asked if I could change rooms and get a lower rate. She promised to look into it and let me know. Six days later I left without ever hearing back from her.

Room Tip: Avoid the construction on the sixth floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Improvements were ongoing when we arrived at the hotel but it did not affect our stay at all.Great location for business or leisure and even greater still were the staff who did everything they could to make us feel comfortable.From breakfast to shuttle service till late at night,it was all done with a smile.You have outdone yourself in super-service ,thanks.

Construction was ongoing but nothing to interfere with the stay at all.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Cat C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth Downtown, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thanks so much for the glowing recommendation about our property. We do make every effort for the addition of the rooms on the 6th floor to not affect our guests so I'm glad to hear that it did not interfere with your stay. Thanks again for your understanding and kind words about our location and staff.
Happy Travels to you!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth Downtown? Share your experiences!