“Only good for proximity” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth Downtown

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth Downtown to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth Downtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1111 West Lancaster, Fort Worth, TX 76102 (Downtown Fort Worth)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #26 of 100 hotels in Fort Worth
GRAPELAND
“Only good for proximity”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Had plans to visit the Stockyards last weekend. My friend booked this room. I am a gold card holder for Holiday Inn, and I have to say this is the worst Holiday Inn i've ever stayed in. The hotel itself is in pretty good shape. I assume they are doing renovations because the parking lot area is full of large containers, which makes parking difficult.
The hallways were not air conditioned, so every time you walk out of your room you are slapped in the face with some awful smell that I can't describe.
I think the main thing that put a sour taste in my mouth about this hotel was the staff that I encountered. Rude, rude, rude. Did I say rude? I usually choose Holiday Inn because they always have a great staff.

Too busy talking to other staff, when we inquired about the shuttle, i had to argue the fact that we had been waiting over 30 minutes and did NOT leave the bench outside. I simply wondered if maybe the driver was on a dinner break. When the staff person called the driver. I simply did not get an answer back from her, although I was standing 5 feet away. And that was only one example of the rude staff.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Cat C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth Downtown, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
nikkytexas,

I apologize that you received service that prompted you to write this review regarding our staff and services. It is certainly not what we would want for you or any of our guests. Your patronage as a guest and loyalty as an IHG Gold Reward Member is very important to us. I assure you I will use this feedback to train on awareness for our Staff. It's always our hope to be given the opportunity to make it right for you while you are still on-site. I hope that you decide to give us another opportunity to give you the service that has earned us a Certificate of Excellence.

150 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

From check-in to check-out, all staff I encountered were friendly, and extremely helpful. The hotel was well appointed, and clean, with nice rooms, decor, pool, fitness centre, and a great shuttle service.

The breakfast was acceptable - if basic (but free!), and whilst there was no room service or nearby restaurants, the complimentary shuttle service could take you anywhere you needed to go - and with a smile.

For the services or amenities provided, and overall decor, this hotel was good value for money.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
953TravM,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and choosing to stay with us all the way from Australia. We are glad you enjoyed your stay in Fort Worth and found value in your stay. Happy Travels to you!
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

As of 10/11/13, the renovation is almost complete. The scaffolding is off the exterior and floors basement through 4 are complete. The only things left are the 5th floor and the parking garage.

The rooms:

I had a room with two queen beds. It was nice, newly renovated, and comfortable but on the small size as it was not an accessible room. It had all the HIE mainstays (the pillows, Bath and Body Works toiletries, etc). Like most hotels, the walls are pretty thin, but the AC fan covers most of it without being too obnoxious.

The grounds:

I enjoyed the fitness room. It has two treadmills, two ellipticals, an exercise bike and weights. However, the Cardio Theaters on the treadmills didn't work. They worked on the ellipticals though. There is one large television in there. One night, some thoughtless idiot turned on THE O'REILY FACTOR. I had to suffer through that for 30 minutes, until she finally left. There should really be a posted rule about not turning on inflammatory television programs in the fitness room on the big tv.

The lobby was nice (see photos) and filled with the smell of Otis Spunkmeyer cookies every afternoon.

However, parking in the overflow lot across the street wasn't convenient. I wasn't fond of jay-walking across Lancaster in the mornings.

Service:

Everyone I encountered was extremely friendly and helpful, from check in to check out. They acknowledged my high IHG status and told me about a point promotion I wasn't aware of.

All in all, I will stay here again next time I'm in Fort Worth.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Cat C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth Downtown, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Hi Meredith,

Thank you so much for your 4 star rating and recommendation of our property. It is always our goal for each guest's stay to be a pleasant one while they visit Ft. Worth. I do feel like I should clarify a couple things for readers. Our Holiday Inn Express opened in 2008 after the building was fully renovated. As we all know it was an unstable time for the market so we decided to hold off on the 6th floor. So to clarify, the 5th floor down has not been under renovation we are simply finishing out the previously unoccupied 6th floor. We had been clad in scaffolding so the construction team could access the 6th floor without access to existing floors to limit guest disturbance and day-to-day operations. It appeared much worse at first sight than the work that was actually taking place with nothing visually apparent once inside. As items arrive for the soon to be open floor it is taking up some additional parking spots but this will also be quickly remedied as we are already moving things in! The cardio theaters are already scheduled for work and we are excited for the new floor to open. We look forward to you returning to Fort Worth and appreciate your loyalty as an IHG Rewards Member and your kind words as a guest!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

By the time I made my travel plans for the Notre Dame game at Cowboys Stadium, this was the only Fort Worth hotel available close to all of the Notre Dame events in downtown. I was pleasantly surprised with the hotel as the price was a deal compared to what other hotels charged for this busy weekend. I had an early flight into DAL on Friday morning and was dead on my feet by about 1 p.m. They let me check in early, which was greatly appreciated. Friendly, informative staff, and the free hotel shuttle to stops within 3 miles was a fantastic, unexpected perk! I'll be back when I'm in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Warminster, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

The construction work has almost finished and the only evidence that its still going on is the occasional day-time noise created by the external elevator. The hotel was clean and all staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room was fairly spacious and the beds were very comfortable. Our room was on the side of the hotel overlooking the road and masonic hall but we weren't disturbed at all. Breakfast was provided at the hotel and it was OK but there wasn't much choice. The downtown area has a reasonable choice of places to eat, I recommend UNO - good service and food, and is only 10 to 15 mins walk from the hotel. Overall, good hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth Downtown, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear grahamandsuef,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. I am very pleased that you noticed the cleanliness of our property and found the staff very friendly and helpful. We are happy to say that we are almost done with the construction works for you to have a better stay next time. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit. We hope to have another chance of hosting you should your travels bring you back to Fort Worth.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Defeated, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

The hotel was great, the people were great. The construction (I did not know was happening when I booked the room for 2 nights) was not great. It started at 7 am and continued for most of the day. When the construction is complete the location and the hotel is perfect! The shuttle is another huge plus!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

The hotel was clean the staff friendly. Parking on the hotel property was limited, it looked like they were doing renovations to the parking lot. We had to park across the street in an extending parking lot. They have a shuttle and will take you to Sundance Square or the Stock Yards which is nice if you don't have transportation. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed October 2013

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth Downtown? Share your experiences!