Recently visited Ft. Worth, Texas for a National Art Ed.Association convention in March. Stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Ft. Worth on Lancaster Ave. This hotel was about a mile and 1/2 from the convention ctr. The shuttle service made it worthwhile- a 12 seater van- with just a phone call you were picked up and the van driver would make regular trips to the convention ctr. or other venues within a 3 mile radius. I was even taken to the Amon Carter museum and Magnolia Ave where there are little shops and restaurants. This service saved us lots of money for cabs or shuttles.
The rooms were clean and spacious- 2 nice comfy queen beds and attractive decor. The pillows were even labeled firm, soft, etc. for your choice.Desk staff were courteous and friendly- lobby attractive - even hot freshbaked cookies some nights by the front desk. Complimentary breakfast was good- included scrambled eggs, bagels, english muffins, bacon or sausage, prepacked mini danish, cereal,coffee, juices,etc.
Only critcism is I had to wait for the van one night an hour and a half on a very rainy night for a pick up and the front entrance of the hotel is strange- up a bunch of steps to get in-kinda on a hill. But over all a very good value with the free shuttle service , free breakfast and nice room.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Fort Worth
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel in Fort Worth, TX boasts a convenient downtown location. Conveniently located in the heart of downtown Fort Worth, Texas, our hotel is less than a mile from the Fort Worth Convention Center and close to several area businesses and attractions. Families will enjoy staying at our downtown Forth Worth hotel while they explore everything that this famous Texan city has to offer. Sundance Square is less than a mile away while the Fort Worth Stockyards, local museums, the Fort Worth Zoo and the Botanic and Japanese gardens are just a few miles away. Just a short drive from our hotel TCU, Six Flags Over Texas and the Texas Rangers Stadium are a few more of the many Fort Worth attractions nearby. Ideally located near XTO Entergy, Pier1 Imports, Radio Shack, D.R. Horton, JPS and the Medical District and numerous other businesses, our hotel in Fort Worth is perfect for business travelers seeking lodging in Fort Worth. Whether you will be attending meetings at a local business or the Fort Worth Convention Center or you choose to host your own in the spacious meeting rooms, our downtown Fort Worth hotel offers everything you need. During your stay, be sure to enjoy a swim in our indoor pool and whirlpool or a workout in the fitness center. You can surf the web on the free high-speed Internet and eat well every morning at the free hot breakfast bar. Enjoy free parking. Check out our great Fort Worth hotel deals and book your stay with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.