“Great hotel and friendly, helpful staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth Downtown

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth Downtown to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Worth Downtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1111 West Lancaster, Fort Worth, TX 76102 (Downtown Fort Worth)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #42 of 103 Hotels in Fort Worth
Norman, Oklahoma
“Great hotel and friendly, helpful staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

We went to Ft. Worth by train and I was a bit worried about getting around town, so I choose this hotel because it offered a free shuttle. Ou experience was great from check in to check out. Comfortable room, friendly employees, great shuttle drivers, and excellent breakfast included with the stay. I would definitely recommend it and would stay again in a heartbeat. The location is a bit off the beaten path, but it was very quiet, and the shuttle will take you downtown, to the museums, and the stockyards etc.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

This 'Inn' was vastly superior to the Crowne Plaza that I had the displeasure of staying at directly beforehand. This hotel was pretty neat and modern - it looks like Holiday Inn Express is punching above its weight.

The room was spacious enough for the price and very clean. Whilst I didn't partake in breakfast, it was offered, along with complimentary lemonade in the lobby which was a simple, nice touch. The location is very convenient (only 1 mile to downtown) and very easy to drive around.

The girls working at the desk were all lovely and friendly for e.g. in helping me change my room (because I asked for the wrong bed config - thanks Andrea!), giving me a new key card (because I locked myself out - thanks Lena!), and selling me snacks at an absurd hour in the morning (because I was tipsy and hungry - but .. I forgot your name, sorry... ).

Even the cleaners had a sense of humor. After preparing a coffee in my room I noticed that the other 3 packets were all decaf, so I left them sprawled out on the table. When I got home I checked and the cleaners had swapped them all for full strength coffee - 5 packs - crammed into the holder. I was very grateful.

The only small issue I had was that some of the powerpoints didn't work - but this wasn't a big deal since there were plenty of them.

I'm hesitant to give any hotel a 5-star review, but in reality after staying at 8 different hotels in the past month, this is about as good as it got for me for the price range. Jolly good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Stanfield, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel on two different occassions (Aug. 2011 & July 2012), for 3 nights each visit. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. The hotel is quiet and the staff is extremely friendly. Love the free, warm cookies for guests each day. They sell water and snacks, which is nice because there are no close places to eat. They offer free shuttle service downtown and you just call the driver and arrange for pick-up or drop off. Breakfast is good. The price is decent too. We enjoy staying here and will again in the future.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Aussie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

We have been in the USA for 11 days and this hotel has the friendliest staff we have encountered. We stayed there on arrival and I had lost my prescription glasses at Sydney airport customs. Within 5 minutes the manager had rung a business that would make me glasses that night and approved for the free shuttle to take us there (out of area). The rooms were good, breakfast was typical American, the free shuttle to take you downtown for sightseeing and restaurants was great - it even goes to the Stockyards. We had considered staying further out in hotels that were cheaper but this was positioned perfectly and saved so much time. Also a short walk to the train station to Dallas (get a regional day ticket) but make sure you dont walk past the station.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

Convenient location, the room are not very big, the parking is a little tricky , specially driving a truck , breakfast is ok . Look oldish but Clean.Still too expensive but again location convenient specially when you need to go to WRMC, but over all a nice stay.

• Stayed August 2012
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I was in Ft. Worth last week and needed a room at the last minute. While the outside temperature was 108 degrees, I wasnt going to go looking for a room around Ft. Worth. I got a nice King room. Bed was very comfortable and the room was spacious!. The air condition keep the room cold as well!. The breakfast area was very clean and quite large and had a large selection of breakfast foods. The staff was very courteous and helpful and met any of my needs with a smiling face. Definately worth staying there again when in Ft. Worth for business!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Austin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

We really liked the open lobby and breakfast area. The check-in was superfast, friendly and easy with some cookies also. I wish the person at the desk had warned us when we told him where we had parked that our car would be covered in clothes dryer lint when we left, though. Don't park right outside the lower doorway. Also our bathroom came with a wet used washcloth hanging over the shower curtain and only one bath towel. We were offered another room or a towel delivery and we took a new room since we couldn't be sure what else had not been attended to in the bathroom. We hadn't unpacked, so the switch was fairly easy, but I think some small token to make up for the inconvenience would have set things right. I generally love this chain of hotels, but the bathroom was much smaller than usual as well as the room. Beds comfy, air conditioning great. Breakfast staff couldn't keep up with rush, but plenty of tables. I think we will try another hotel in this area next time. Maybe it is a little understaffed at the moment. My rating is mostly based on comparison with other Holiday Inn Expresses as far as room quality, cleanliness and value.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple