“Never disappointed” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Grand Prairie, Texas
“Never disappointed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

My favorite restaurant. i have never had anything that wasn't wonderful. WAY better than Red Lobster. I'm addicted to the Greek Salad. Per my husband, they have THE BEST fried shrimp.

Visited February 2013

“My favorite restaurant in Fort Worth so far.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

I love seafood! And I'm very picky about it. We orderd a lot of appetizers and live robstar. Every single meal were grate and I loved their sauce for oysters. It was so packed because of Friday night, so we will try back weekdays next time.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hurst, Texas
“This visit was a train wreck, but the brand seldom has any problems”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Historically, Pappas brand restaurants are always run well, and the guest is unlikely to have a problem with their food or service. Tonight seemed to be the exception on every front. The visit resembled a train wreck, and not one thing that’s supposed to happen did so fault free.

On a Tuesday night in Fort Worth Texas you are unlikely to find a line of people waiting to be seated unless there’s a big convention in town. This night there was nothing special going on, but there were an abnormal number of people queued up waiting to be seated. We were given a pager and told it would be an estimated 20-30 minutes to be seated.

At 40 minutes we went back up to the podium to find out what is going on. The host told us there were only 3 tables ahead of us, and it would only be a couple more minutes. A whole section of seating that was not in use was opened up supposedly because the restaurant didn’t have enough servers before that time. After waiting 55 minutes for a table that was supposed to take 20-30 mins, it was very irritating to be seated in a previously closed section that could have been opened at any time.

The general manager, Wes, greets us and came for our drink order. We were very hungry by this time, and already knew what we wanted. So, we gave him the whole order, drinks and all, which included a fish & chicken combo, and their mixed seafood grill shish kebab.

A professional table server over took waiting on us, and was very accommodating toward our special requests. It still took the kitchen forever to prepare the food, and by this time the restaurant was beginning to empty out. The delay was extraordinary after ordering our food before it finally came. And, the party bringing it from the kitchen is wearing a dishwasher’s apron, and is very dirty. There just aren’t enough people on duty to operate this place.

Immediately I notice that my half-order of broiled seafood has been made as a full order. No problem with that, the server said he’d just change the price accordingly. But, a few minutes after that, my guest is complaining that his fried fish is rubbery and chewy. The general manager comes back and agrees with my guest there’s something wrong with the fish. The server ordered yet another order of this fried fish, which came out a little better but was still chewy. We refused any more attempted remedies, as we have already spent a lifetime trying to get dinner, and we just don’t want anything else other than to leave.

Here comes the general manager again, apologizing profusely, which was appreciated but not necessary. Since he could not remedy the problem with the fish, he gave us the meal, and added two dessert items as an apology. By this time, we have been in this place for over two hours trying to get dinner, and the only thing I wanted was out of there. They brought us a bill for $3.15; the price of one soda pop with tax. We paid the bill and generously tipped the server, who had bent over backwards trying to cover for the kitchen.

This visit was beyond belief, but I have done business with this company, in many different locations, for many years. If this experience were a first impression, chances are good I wouldn’t go back. Trouble like this almost never happens at a Pappas owned restaurant, thus to claim I’m not coming back is silly. It was just a bad night, where every possible thing went wrong, and we were suitably compensated for their shortcomings. I know I’ll visit again before too long, although returning to this store isn’t likely. I can recommend the brand for what they do, which is primarily seafood in a fancy, expensive environment. The staff tried every trick in their books to remedy the problems, but they just kept on coming. It was a night to just accept defeat, and forget about it. Already, I’m well on my way to forgetting all about it.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Bowie, Texas
“Always delectable!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

This is my favorite place to eat in Fort Worth. I always get fast, efficient service even when the place is packed and busy. The food never disappoints and I enjoy the lush courtyard and the feeling of being someplace a bit more exotic than Fort Worth. My favorite menu items are the Greek salad, fried oysters, and andouille grits. They also make excellent margaritas -- not too tart but not too sweet. They have a new appetizer called Shrimp Campechana that is wonderful. Nice big shrimp, avocado and pico de gallo in a delectable marinade that is big enough for two people to share. I love Pappadeaux!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Seafood and Service great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Visiting from Florida we had high expectations for a seafood experience at such a popular local restaurant. All were met and exceeded. Of course as with any popular eatery at dinner hour there was a short wait , immediate attention from our server at seating was a good sign as it was a capacity crowd. Our server was very in tune with the menu items able to explain items so we could make a meal choice from the exciting menu! They simply do seafood with excellently! Portions were more than generous and prepared with care. A great touch of Louisiana style flavors! Arrive with a massive appetite , great appetizers as well!