“"We'll Be Back"” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Reata Restaurant

Reata Restaurant
310 Houston St, Fort Worth, TX 76102-7404 (Downtown Fort Worth)
817-336-1009
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Reata Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 1,269 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Fort Worth
Dallas, Texas
“"We'll Be Back"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

This was our first time to eat at the Reata. We were very impressed with the food. We were walking around Sundance Square and had lunch at the Reata. My husband and I both ordered tortilla soup and a tenderloin tamale with pecan mash. Delicious lunch. For dessert we had the chocolate bread pudding tamale which was outstanding. Service was attentive. We will definitely be back next time we are in the Fort Worth area.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Melbourne, Australia
“Interesting decor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

My husband & I only had a main meal that was very enjoyable.
Wine by the bottle is quite expensive, cheaper to buy it by the glass.
Upmarket restaurant and very popular with the locals.
Enjoyed.

Visited April 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
“Excellent every single time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

My wife and I eat at Reata as regularly as we can, and each occasion seems better than the last. The food is always perfectly cooked, every dish is just as good as the last time we had it (no problems with consistency), and the service is fantastic.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Fort Worth, Texas
“Consistent service, excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I have been a customer at Reata for several years and I wanted to write a review for the first time after my birthday a few weeks ago. I discovered the restaurant when I first got to TCU and when I met my husband, it was our first date location, so it has always had a special place in our heart. I have dine there several times a year and every time I have had consistently good service and my food has always been excellent. My usual is the pepper crusted tenderloin and of course the molten chocolate cake with the champagne berries. Every time, the steak has been properly cooked and I have a very discerning pallet when it comes to steaks. I also own the Reata cookbook and know how much love and labor goes into the port wine sauce and other components of my dish. It just reaffirms that my faith in their food is not misplaced.

The most important factor in us returning is the service we always receive. The restaurant remembers me and I am always served my a courteous and friendly server. That is the most important factor to me and it keeps me coming back every time it's time to celebrate.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas
“Average at best”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I was looking forward to a nice dinner for my 45th birthday, and my fiance took me to Reata with the family. Rooftop patio was nice, and the waitress was very attentive. Those were the highlights. My vodka / soda was flat, as was my son's Mr. Pibb. After getting our drinks, we asked the bartender if we could go down to the next level to check out the view, and he said it was fine and showed us where to go. We get to the top of the stairs, and it says 'Private Party'. We asked one of the waitstaff if it was ok to go down to check out the view given that there was a private party, and they said no problem. We weren't down there for more than a minute (and the area was empty), and the manager comes over and abrubtly asks us to leave. Great customer service, you might want to brush up on that. Two people from the party were embarrassed at how we were treated.

The meal was average. My peppercorn tenderloin was ok, and my fiance's buffalo ribeye was thin, extremely fatty, and overcooked. At one point, our ten year old daughter stood up on one of the ledges to take a picture of a adjacent building, and the overbearing manager, Tommy, came over and told us he would have to ask her to get down. Again, it was how the message was delivered, not the message itself. If I were the owner, I would look at hiring another manager. First and last time to the Reata. Not worth it to go back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere