“Consistent service, excellent food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Reata Restaurant

Reata Restaurant
310 Houston St, Fort Worth, TX 76102-7404 (Downtown Fort Worth)
817-336-1009
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Reata Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 1,371 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Entertaining clients, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night Food, Dessert, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Fort Worth
Fort Worth, Texas
“Consistent service, excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I have been a customer at Reata for several years and I wanted to write a review for the first time after my birthday a few weeks ago. I discovered the restaurant when I first got to TCU and when I met my husband, it was our first date location, so it has always had a special place in our heart. I have dine there several times a year and every time I have had consistently good service and my food has always been excellent. My usual is the pepper crusted tenderloin and of course the molten chocolate cake with the champagne berries. Every time, the steak has been properly cooked and I have a very discerning pallet when it comes to steaks. I also own the Reata cookbook and know how much love and labor goes into the port wine sauce and other components of my dish. It just reaffirms that my faith in their food is not misplaced.

The most important factor in us returning is the service we always receive. The restaurant remembers me and I am always served my a courteous and friendly server. That is the most important factor to me and it keeps me coming back every time it's time to celebrate.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Dallas, Texas
“Average at best”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I was looking forward to a nice dinner for my 45th birthday, and my fiance took me to Reata with the family. Rooftop patio was nice, and the waitress was very attentive. Those were the highlights. My vodka / soda was flat, as was my son's Mr. Pibb. After getting our drinks, we asked the bartender if we could go down to the next level to check out the view, and he said it was fine and showed us where to go. We get to the top of the stairs, and it says 'Private Party'. We asked one of the waitstaff if it was ok to go down to check out the view given that there was a private party, and they said no problem. We weren't down there for more than a minute (and the area was empty), and the manager comes over and abrubtly asks us to leave. Great customer service, you might want to brush up on that. Two people from the party were embarrassed at how we were treated.

The meal was average. My peppercorn tenderloin was ok, and my fiance's buffalo ribeye was thin, extremely fatty, and overcooked. At one point, our ten year old daughter stood up on one of the ledges to take a picture of a adjacent building, and the overbearing manager, Tommy, came over and told us he would have to ask her to get down. Again, it was how the message was delivered, not the message itself. If I were the owner, I would look at hiring another manager. First and last time to the Reata. Not worth it to go back.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Fairview, Pennsylvania
“Roof top dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Enjoying dinner on the roof top of the Reata should be on the top of anyone's list when visiting Fort Worth. The service was great, the food was even better, and the atmosphere was perfect. My wife and I showed up with out a reservation and to our surprise, the staff was able to find us a table for two on the roof. To say the Reata exceeded my expectation's is an understatement.

Nacogdoches, Texas
“Delicious tenderloin tamale”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

The waiter said "tenderloin tamale" when I asked what it was on the buffet line. I didn't look like any tamale I had ever had, but I took it. I recommend you do the same. It was the best tamale in the whole world!

Plano, Texas
“The In Spot...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

WOW.... This place rocks and a place to visit... Go to the roof top bar and enjoy the view of downtown Ft Worth. The food is out of this world. You MUST order the Tamales, the BEST I've ever had..