“Great for a Special Occasion” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Del Frisco's

Del Frisco's
812 Main St, Fort Worth, TX 76102 (Downtown Fort Worth)
817-877-3999
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Del Frisco's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 1,347 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Fort Worth
Cross street: 8th Street
Description: The cornerstone of Del Frisco's cuisine is USDA Prime Beef and Australian Cold Water Lobster Tail. We also offer outstanding appetizers, fresh seafood, fresh vegetables and side dishes served family-style. Our bread, salad dressings, sauces and specialty desserts are all made from scratch daily from traditional recipes. Del Frisco’s is a perfect marriage of quality products and technique. Upbeat, friendly, personalized service is our forte. Del Frisco’s boasts an elegant atmosphere perfectly complimented with southern style hospitality and an award winning wine list. If fine wine is your pleasure our Sommelier will assist you in a selection from our extensive collection. We are very proud to have been awarded the Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence from 2000-2010. Our wine list spans the globe with over 1400 selections to choose from.
“Great for a Special Occasion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2010

I'm fussy about steakhouses but Del Frisco's was one of the best I've experienced. Was there at a medium-sized (25 persons) wedding party. The welcome from the staff put everyone in the right mood. The service was as conscientous as I've seen anywhere. The rib-eye cut (my favorite) couldn't have been better. Not smothered in salt like some other "name" steakhouses. The experience makes me want to try their branch in my home city, New York.

Fort Worth, Texas
“Best meal, maybe ever.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2010

We went for fathers day and the experience was even better than the first time we were there. Chad was our waiter and even though it was busy he gave us great service. We all had filets and they were perfect, I could cut mine with a fork. We also got the chateau potatoes and mac and cheese, fantastic! The appts. we had were the calamari and the crab cake, both were great except a bite small for the $17 each. We had dinner salads with great avocado ranch. and for desert we split the cheese cake...yum. Chad gave us a free desert served in a martini glass, also yum. The only down was that we were charged for a drink that we didn't get, but Chad took care of it. Overall it was a great night.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fort Worth, TX
“Food was just OK”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2010

Granted we went on New Year's Eve, but we expected an excellent steak. My husband and I both ordered the Filet Mignon cooked medium. My steak came out medium and was good...his came out well done and was tough as a boot. I'm sure the steak was tough because it was overcooked, but the cut of meat itself was off the very end of the tenderloin and in this instance was also very gristly. My husband didn't eat his steak and it was taken off the bill, but such a poor cut of tenderloin isn't something you would expect from Double Eagle.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Hawaii
“One of the Best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2010

What a great experience! Del Frisco's was appointed in a style I would expect to find at Ft Worth. The local character factor gives it an edge above the larger chains of Ruth's Chris and Mortons. I ate at the bar (go right in without a wait--no degradation of service), and, right from central casting, were four platinum blondes drinking martinis and loudly celebrating a birthday--nothing wrong with that, it added to the character. The service was impeccable. The food was worth the sticker shock. I had a bone-in rib eye (medium rare) with creamed spinach. The creamed spinach was better than Peter Luger's. The wine list was world-class.

Overall, a tremendous restaurant. No windows, and large crowds. Not a place to go (at least on a Thursday Night) for quiet conversation. However if steak is your thing, Del's is a definite half rung up from Mortons and Ruth's Chris.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York
“Exceptional pieces of meat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2010

Listen, I am from New York City and travel all the time on business. Do not pay attention to the bad reviews for this establishment. Yes, it costs a buck but so does everything else good in life. There are many great steakhouses in Dallas / Ft. Worth but no one can say they've tried them all without visiting Del Frisco's. Had the bone in rib eye with a customer from Spain and we were both speechless. The earlier reviewer who commented on the bread should be ignored. Ours arrived hot, freshly baked and delicious. Hard to say whether I liked Reata better or Del Frisco's but you won't be disappointed with either. The owner was there the night we ate and personally came by to ask how was the steak. I made a point of talking to him on the way out and told him what I wrote above. The wine list is an oenophile's delight and the waiter went out of his way to offer me a lower price alternative to an expensive bottle I had picked out. When do you get that? Relax and have a great meal that you'll rave to your friends about.