“A great steak !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Del Frisco's

Del Frisco's
812 Main St, Fort Worth, TX 76102 (Downtown Fort Worth)
817-877-3999
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Del Frisco's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 1,349 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Fort Worth
Cross street: 8th Street
Description: The cornerstone of Del Frisco's cuisine is USDA Prime Beef and Australian Cold Water Lobster Tail. We also offer outstanding appetizers, fresh seafood, fresh vegetables and side dishes served family-style. Our bread, salad dressings, sauces and specialty desserts are all made from scratch daily from traditional recipes. Del Frisco’s is a perfect marriage of quality products and technique. Upbeat, friendly, personalized service is our forte. Del Frisco’s boasts an elegant atmosphere perfectly complimented with southern style hospitality and an award winning wine list. If fine wine is your pleasure our Sommelier will assist you in a selection from our extensive collection. We are very proud to have been awarded the Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence from 2000-2010. Our wine list spans the globe with over 1400 selections to choose from.
Texas
“A great steak !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2009

We go to Del Frisco’s to celebrate our anniversary almost every year and are always satisfied.

FOOD: I've had most every steak they offer and I have to say that my favorite is the petite filet' mignon. It’s just the right amount of food. If you want it prepared any more than medium well…they will butterfly it to ensure even cooking throughout. The porterhouse is great but it is HUGE! For a side dish, the au gratin potatoes are our favorite. As an appetizer, the crab cake is as good as you’ll find without going to Boston harbor.

SERVICE: Second to none. They are personal without being too intrusive.

WINE: The wine selection is incredible and you can actually find someone that knows wines to help you make a selection if you are unsure.

VALUE: You get what you pay for. It’s well worth the price to eat here a few times a year. Treat yourself to what a steak is supposed to taste like.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Wichita Falls, Texas
“One of the best meals of my life”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2009

I absolutely love this restaurant! They have the best blueberry martini! Everything about this place is great

Fort Worth, TX
“A Fort Worth Classic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2009

Del Frisco's is arguably the most well-known restaurant in Fort Worth. Since we live in Arlington, we figured we have to try it. The atmosphere is elegant, quiet but not overly dark or romantic, reminiscent of the 1940's. The music was light jazz, a lot of Nat King Cole. We were welcomed warmly by the maitre d', and our waiter was personable without being overly friendly. Coffee and water were refilled promptly, as was the bread, although we neither requested nor ate the second loaf. The menu had a nice, although not large, selection of various steaks and seafoods. I don't recall seeing any chicken selections.

We started with the wedge salad with their house bleu cheese dressing. I ordered the Carpetbagger, a 10 oz. ribeye (well done) with chateau potatoes, with peppercorn sauce. My husband ordered the prime ribeye (medium rare). The bread was good, served with plenty of whipped butter on the side, but unremarkable. The wedge was iceberg lettuce with no diced tomatoes or anything, just the dressing, which was homemade and fresh, but other than that not exceptional. My husband raved about his steak. Mine was very good but not fabulous. It was cooked to my specifications (no pink) and was by no means tough, but it wasn't the most tender I've had either. The peppercorn dressing was nothing to write home about. The potatoes, a mashed-with-skin-on concoction, were very buttery and good. We arrived at the restaurant at 6:25, were seated and ordered almost immediately, but our steaks didn't get there till after 7:15. We were going to a show at Bass Concert Hall at 8:00, so by the time the steak got there we had to pretty much just wolf it down and go. No time for dessert. Oh, we also had coffee, both regular (him) and decaf (me), and it was delicious. Very smooth and rich.

The total bill came to $88, which I thought was quite reasonable for an upscale steakhouse. We've had several meals in Dallas which set us back considerably more for the same amount of food. Keep in mind that my husband and I split the salad as well as the potatoes that came with my dinner, we didn't order any alcohol, and didn't have time for dessert. I'd budget at least $100 for a full dinner for two, not including alcoholic drinks or tip.

Would I recommend it? It was good and pleasant, but I am sure Fort Worth can do better. We've had good meals at Reata, along with a couple mediocre ones. At this point, for a very good steak in the metroplex my recommendation would be Palomino's in Dallas. If you are out of town and want to stay in the Fort Worth area, give Reata a try. It has more of a Texan atmosphere, as well as having the novelty of offering some more unusual food selections sure to amuse and perhaps tempt out-of-towners, such as rattlesnake, buffalo and rocky mountain oysters.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
DFW, Texas
“Excellent Restaurant for a Large Party”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2009

I held a bachelor night dinner here with about 10 friends. It is the perfect location for such an occasion. This location has a downstairs with private rooms for large parties that was perfectly suited to isolate our rowdiness. The waitstaff was great and even suggested we share side dishes so we could try various things. My steak was cooked perfectly rare and there were zero problems with having to wait for anything. The restaurant had plenty of reasonably priced wines available, by the glass, that were not domestic.j

Parking Explanation: Downtown Fort Worth, in general, has PLENTY of free (on weekends) public parking garages.

Fort Worth, Texas
“Always a Winner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2009

We always enjoy Del Frisco's so after years of going there, we probably know how to order to keep the bill more reasonable. Definitely share the sides......they are large. Many of their appetizers make lovely entrees, especially the shrimp w/remoulade....the best I've ever had. Steaks are always good and the lobster is primo. Have to disagree with the reviewer who discredited the bread!!! we love it. The wine and liquor is always what drives up the total bill in a high end place like this.